• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey everyone! We all struggle with finding the time to do everything we want in our busy lives, so let's share some of our best 'time hacks' that help us make the most of our days!

It could be little things, like setting aside a specific time each week for tasks you dislike doing, using an app or tool that saves you hours, or even just having a particular routine that helps you stay organized and on top of deadlines.

I'll start! One of my favorite hacks is using a digital to-do list that syncs across all my devices. That way, I can quickly jot down tasks or ideas when they come to mind, and it's always with me. No more forgetting great ideas or having to write them down and potentially losing the note!

Your turn! What are some of your go-to time hacks that make your life easier?

Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
Hey everyone! We all struggle with finding the time to do everything we want in our busy lives, so let's share some of our best 'time hacks' that help us make the most of our days!

It could be little things, like setting aside a specific time each week for tasks you dislike doing, using an app or tool that saves you hours, or even just having a particular routine that helps you stay organized and on top of deadlines.

I'll start! One of my favorite hacks is using a digital to-do list that syncs across all my devices. That way, I can quickly jot down tasks or ideas when they come to mind, and it's always with me. No more forgetting great ideas or having to write them down and potentially losing the note!

Having a digital to-do list is a fantastic idea! It's a real lifesaver when you can access it across multiple devices, especially for someone who's always on the go. That way, everything is organized in one place, and you don't lose track of things.

My personal time hack involves using a simple analog technique. I'm old-school that way. I find that dividing my tasks into urgent, important, and those that are both urgent and important helps me prioritize better. Then, I further divide them into manageable chunks or delegate them if possible.

For example, I set aside two hours each Sunday to tackle the week's most unpleasant tasks. It's my way of tackling the nasty stuff so that they don't linger over me like a dark cloud. That time is also when I catch up on admin work and reply to emails that require more thought and attention.

I also designate Friday evenings as tech-free time, which means no social media or online gaming for me. It's my opportunity to unwind with a book or meet up with friends for some face-to-face interaction. Surprisingly, stepping away from the screen helps me feel refreshed on Monday morning, and I don't have that sense of time suck that comes with mindless scrolling.

Another one of my habits is cooking a big batch of meals on weekends with my slow cooker. It saves me from slaving over a hot stove every night, and it's healthier than takeout. Plus, it gives me more quality time with my kiddo during the evenings.

What other time-saving techniques do you guys use to stay sane and productive?

Having a set bedtime routine is my ultimate time hack. Having a young child means that her bedtime is relatively early, which forces me to wind down earlier than I would otherwise. This allows me to get sufficient rest and also ensures that I don't stay up late doing mindless scrolling, which can eat into valuable family time the next day.

Another one, which seems simple but is surprisingly effective, is to set a designated 'internet surfing' timer on days when I work from home. It helps me focus and prevents unnecessary procrastination!

I keep a physical notebook to jot down sudden ideas or reminders for myself. It has proved invaluable, especially for jotting down quick grocery lists when I'm cooking or preparing my daughter's meals. That way, I don't forget to buy any essential items when I head out.

Also, keeping a family calendar on the fridge has been a huge help to keep track of appointments and events we have going on in our lives. My husband and I both use it, so it's a great way to stay coordinated without needing to orally brief each other on our schedules!

I keep a physical planner and calendar sync across all my devices. Physical planners/calenders let you see everything at one glance, and you can jot and scratch things out too without needing technology. Plus, it gives me immense satisfaction to physically strike off items from my to-do list.

Some tasks are just inevitable, so might as well set some time weekly to get them over and done with. Like killing two birds with one stone - or rather, getting boring stuff done all at once.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu