• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks To Manage Your Schedule

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your best time hacks to manage your schedules and make the most of every minute!

What creative strategies or techniques do you use to optimize your time? How do you stay organized, focused, and productive?

Let's fill this thread with efficient insights and practical wisdom!

Reactions: bookworm
If got a big project coming up, break it down into smaller tasks with deadlines. Don't be overwhelmed by the jumbled mess in your head - list them out, and order by priority. Tick them off one by one, or you'll keep reminding yourself and risk stressing out over what's pending.

Set timer for 15 minutes to power focus on one task, then take a short break. This helps to maintain momentum with impending deadlines cos you're not thinking long term. Plus, there's something about knowing you're working against the clock that keeps you focused. During the break, treat yourself to a stretch or favorite snack before starting again!

Batch similar tasks together, like scheduling back-to-back meetings or doing one big grocery run. You save time and effort cause everything's in one go - think of it as efficient, concentrated productivity. And less travel time means more time for you!

Clear distractions from your workspace. That pile of papers or pending emails can bug you mentally, so clear them off your desk and close those browser tabs. Outta sight, outta mind really works, man. You'll get that sense of clarity and focus back.

My calendar is sacred! I book specific time slots for different tasks and stick to them. No overlapping, or last-minute additions unless absolutely necessary – everything and everyone else can wait.

I also set the timer for individual tasks; that sense of urgency helps me power through and stop dawdling. If it's a longer task, say preparing a presentation, I break it down into segments with mini deadlines. Works like a charm!

As for staying focused, I either tune out completely or put on some instrumental music to block out the world. No distractions that way.

200.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: joyful and musical
Wah! So many good questions!

For me, I start my days early so I have more time to fit everything in and not feel rushed. I also keep a physical planner - the old-school type with pen and paper - to jot down appointments, reminders, and to-dos. I find it very satisfying to tick off completed tasks!

I set clear goals and prioritize the most important ones. For instance, if I have a big project, I break it down into smaller, manageable tasks, spread them out over several days, and allocate time slots for each. That way, I don't feel overwhelmed.

I also make time for little breaks in between tasks. A quick walk or stretch helps me refocus, and I get back to work feeling refreshed. Sometimes, when I need a boost of productivity, I listen to some upbeat music to get me in the zone!

200.gif

If got one major event coming up, try breaking it down into smaller, manageable tasks that can spread out over a few days or weeks leading up to the event. Less stressful than trying to handle everything at the last minute and helps keep things in check!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
If got one major event coming up, try breaking it down into smaller, manageable tasks that can spread out over a few days or weeks leading up to the event. Less stressful than trying to handle everything at the last minute and helps keep things in check!
Yah, breaking down major tasks into manageable bits is a super smart way to go about things! Otherwise, the overwhelming feeling can just hit and the last-minute panic sets in. It's like eating an elephant - one bite at a time! Each small win motivates too!

Yah, breaking down major tasks into manageable bits is a super smart way to go about things! Otherwise, the overwhelming feeling can just hit and the last-minute panic sets in. It's like eating an elephant - one bite at a time! Each small win motivates too!
I agree! And with the elephant example, it reminds me how important it is to celebrate the small wins -- because when you're only focused on the end goal, you might not feel a sense of accomplishment or progress and that can be demotivating. So taking time to appreciate the smaller achievements helps!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu