• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The single sentence thread title would be: Motherhood & Mindfulness

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Motherhood changes our lives, and with it, our mindset. What mindfulness practices have helped you navigate the journey of motherhood, and how do you prioritize self-care amidst the demands of parenting? Share your experiences and strategies for a mindful & balanced approach to motherhood here!

Motherhood changes our lives, and with it, our mindset. What mindfulness practices have helped you navigate the journey of motherhood, and how do you prioritize self-care amidst the demands of parenting? Share your experiences and strategies for a mindful & balanced approach to motherhood here!
The journey of motherhood is indeed life-changing, and it's wonderful to hear how mindfulness has helped others navigate these changes. As a fellow mom, I can relate to the challenges and the importance of prioritizing self-care.

One mindfulness practice that's helped me immensely is meditation, which I try to fit in during my son's naptime. Even a short 10-minute session can help calm my mind, bringing a sense of peace and clarity to an often chaotic day. This quiet time helps me become more present and mindful of my interactions with my little one. I also make sure to indulge in longer sessions when I can arrange childcare, as taking care of myself is vital for me to be the best mom I can be.

With young kids, "me-time" is often relegated to snippets throughout the day, so I grab these opportunities to reset and recharge however I can! This could be enjoying a quiet moment with a cup of tea while my son plays independently or sneakily meditating during screen time (Shh, don't tell him!).

Also, being mindful of my thoughts has been crucial. Motherhood can bring about overwhelming emotions, and catching negative thought spirals early on and reframing them positively helps lessen anxiety and boosts my mood. For instance, when exhaustion sets in, reminding myself that "I'm doing my best" instead of getting hung up on inadequacy makes a huge difference mentally.

Finally, connecting with other moms is a great way to stay grounded and mindful of our shared experiences. Hearing other perspectives and stories helps us realize we're not alone and provides a valuable support network.

Do share your mindfulness secrets, moms! We're in this together and could all benefit from each other's experiences!

The journey of motherhood is indeed life-changing, and it's wonderful to hear how mindfulness has helped others navigate these changes. As a fellow mom, I can relate to the challenges and the importance of prioritizing self-care.

One mindfulness practice that's helped me immensely is meditation, which I try to fit in during my son's naptime. Even a short 10-minute session can help calm my mind, bringing a sense of peace and clarity to an often chaotic day. This quiet time helps me become more present and mindful of my interactions with my little one. I also make sure to indulge in longer sessions when I can arrange childcare, as taking care of myself is vital for me to be the best mom I can be.

With young kids, "me-time" is often relegated to snippets throughout the day, so I grab these opportunities to reset and recharge however I can! This could be enjoying a quiet moment with a cup of tea while my son plays independently or sneakily meditating during screen time (Shh, don't tell him!).

Also, being mindful of my thoughts has been crucial. Motherhood can bring about overwhelming emotions, and catching negative thought spirals early on and reframing them positively helps lessen anxiety and boosts my mood. For instance, when exhaustion sets in, reminding myself that "I'm doing my best" instead of getting hung up on inadequacy makes a huge difference mentally.

Finally, connecting with other moms is a great way to stay grounded and mindful of our shared experiences. Hearing other perspectives and stories helps us realize we're not alone and provides a valuable support network.

Do share your mindfulness secrets, moms! We're in this together and could all benefit from each other's experiences!
Meditation is also an anchor for my sanity amidst the tumultuous journey of motherhood. Like you, I find short meditation breaks during naptime or when my daughter is engaged independently to be a sanity-saver. Mindfulness has taught me to appreciate these small moments of stillness and quiet, and it's amazing how such short sessions can rejuvenatge us!

I also resonate with your experience of reframing negative thoughts. Simple yet effective reminders like "This too shall pass" or the simple acknowledgment of our innate strength as mothers help lift the weight of overwhelming emotions off our shoulders.

Being a mom can be isolating, so seeking out fellow travelers on this road is a great way to gain perspective and find support. We're all unique in our experiences, yet strangely similar in our struggles. Connecting with other moms is a reassuring reminder that we're all doing the best we can!

What other mindful practices do you ladies swear by?

Meditation is also an anchor for my sanity amidst the tumultuous journey of motherhood. Like you, I find short meditation breaks during naptime or when my daughter is engaged independently to be a sanity-saver. Mindfulness has taught me to appreciate these small moments of stillness and quiet, and it's amazing how such short sessions can rejuvenatge us!

I also resonate with your experience of reframing negative thoughts. Simple yet effective reminders like "This too shall pass" or the simple acknowledgment of our innate strength as mothers help lift the weight of overwhelming emotions off our shoulders.

Being a mom can be isolating, so seeking out fellow travelers on this road is a great way to gain perspective and find support. We're all unique in our experiences, yet strangely similar in our struggles. Connecting with other moms is a reassuring reminder that we're all doing the best we can!

What other mindful practices do you ladies swear by?
Indeed, it's fascinating how something as simple as meditation can have such a profound impact on our mindset and well-being. Reframing negative thoughts is a powerful tool; sometimes, just shifting our perspective can make all the difference in how we approach challenges.

I also find that getting outdoors and absorbing some sunshine does wonders for my mood, especially when paired with deep breathing. Going for walks or even a quick jaunt in the park helps me clear my head and gives a fresh boost of energy, which is contagious to my little ones too! My daughter loves exploring outdoors, and it's heartwarming to witness her inherent mindfulness as she examines leaves, spots birds, and explores nature's wonders. This reminds me to slow down and appreciate the beauty around us.

Also, an intentional practice I implement is dedicating focused "special time" with each child, giving them my undivided attention for quality interaction. While it's not always possible to give them my full presence, aiming for it helps me be more mindful during these moments. This makes both of them feel valued and reduces feelings of jealousy, which can easily arise between siblings.

Beyond this, I try to incorporate movement and activity into our days because sitting still is not really my thing. Quick dances, stretching sessions, or running around the yard with the kids help release excess energy and put a smile on everyone's faces - a great mood booster!

What about you? Do you have any fun ways to stay active with your little ones while keeping yourself grounded?

Indeed, it's fascinating how something as simple as meditation can have such a profound impact on our mindset and well-being. Reframing negative thoughts is a powerful tool; sometimes, just shifting our perspective can make all the difference in how we approach challenges.

I also find that getting outdoors and absorbing some sunshine does wonders for my mood, especially when paired with deep breathing. Going for walks or even a quick jaunt in the park helps me clear my head and gives a fresh boost of energy, which is contagious to my little ones too! My daughter loves exploring outdoors, and it's heartwarming to witness her inherent mindfulness as she examines leaves, spots birds, and explores nature's wonders. This reminds me to slow down and appreciate the beauty around us.

Also, an intentional practice I implement is dedicating focused "special time" with each child, giving them my undivided attention for quality interaction. While it's not always possible to give them my full presence, aiming for it helps me be more mindful during these moments. This makes both of them feel valued and reduces feelings of jealousy, which can easily arise between siblings.

Beyond this, I try to incorporate movement and activity into our days because sitting still is not really my thing. Quick dances, stretching sessions, or running around the yard with the kids help release excess energy and put a smile on everyone's faces - a great mood booster!

What about you? Do you have any fun ways to stay active with your little ones while keeping yourself grounded?
getting the kids outdoors is definitely a great idea! I love taking walks to the community park near my place. The whole family can enjoy some sun and fresh air, plus it exhausts the kids enough for an early bedtime! Win-win!

I've also been trying out some simple yoga poses with the older one. She thinks it's a fun game, and it's an excellent way to stretch and recenter ourselves. We also collect pretty rocks or leaves during our walks, which the kids love, and it keeps them engaged on nature's little wonders.

Keeping things active is definitely the way to go; the kiddos have so much energy, it's infectious! And a tired kiddo is usually a happy one too. ;-)

Any other fun tips from your bag of tricks? :D

getting the kids outdoors is definitely a great idea! I love taking walks to the community park near my place. The whole family can enjoy some sun and fresh air, plus it exhausts the kids enough for an early bedtime! Win-win!

I've also been trying out some simple yoga poses with the older one. She thinks it's a fun game, and it's an excellent way to stretch and recenter ourselves. We also collect pretty rocks or leaves during our walks, which the kids love, and it keeps them engaged on nature's little wonders.

Keeping things active is definitely the way to go; the kiddos have so much energy, it's infectious! And a tired kiddo is usually a happy one too. ;-)

Any other fun tips from your bag of tricks? :D
Yeah, giving kids an early dose of exercise tire them out nicely so that they'll sleep early subsequently! Yoga is a fantastic idea too - kids these days have a lot of energy so having a little 'w wind-down' session will help them enjoy a good rest afterwards. And I'm sure they'd love the game aspect of it, especially with mummy participating!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu