• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The single sentence thread title could be Self-care strategies for mothers' well-being

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several moms in the discussion thread share their tips for maintaining their wellness and prioritising self-care amidst the demands of motherhood. The general consensus is that setting aside dedicated 'me-time' is crucial for de-stressing, with several recommendations for simple yet effective strategies.

Some of the suggestions include indulging in a hot bubble bath, going for walks or doing some yoga for exercise, picking up engaging hobbies like painting, and joining book clubs. The discussion also highlights the benefits of meditation, with several moms recommending apps like Calm and Headspace for their guided sessions. These apps are particularly convenient for busy mothers.

The moms also discover the usefulness of 'sleep stories', a feature on the Calm app, which helps them unwind and relax before bed. They find that these strategies are easily accessible on their phones and a great way to practise some much-needed self-care. Overall, the discussion centres around discovering simple yet impactful ways to recharge and maintain emotional well-being.

Share your go-to self-care practices especially tailored for mothers. We often prioritize our families' needs above our own, so let's focus on simple yet impactful strategies to recharge and maintain our well-being!

Reactions: stargazer
Set aside dedicated me-time by scheduling an engaging hobby or activity you love each week, like a painting class, exercise group, or book club. This way, you're committing to some much-deserved self-care and also bonding over shared interests!

61xfIegnghL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Setting aside me-time is a great way to de-stress and something I should implement more often; it's easy to forget that making time for yourself is so crucial! The painting class sounds fun and relaxing!

Does anyone else have any feel-good, stress-relieving strategies they use?

Some me-time ideas for distressing include a hot bubble bath and a good book - a simple pleasure but one that's effective! Also, getting some exercise often does it for me: going for a walk, jogging or doing some gentle yoga are my go-tos!

Reactions: sunflower
Bubble baths and exercise are relaxing, agree! Some meditation apps also have great calming effects and are convenient for busy mums as they can squeeze in anytime and anywhere - a quick mental reset.

Reactions: joyful
Meditation is a lifesaver, especially for busy mums - a quick reset to bring your mind back into focus! I find guided sessions work best for me and there are some amazing free app options out there too.

I agree, meditation is such a powerful way to recenter and refresh your mind especially with the demands of motherhood. I mainly use the Calm and Headspace apps for guided sessions, they really help me find some peace in the chaos!

Apps are a great way to have a convenient self-care tool at hand - I also use Calm and find it soothing and refreshing amidst the busy mom life!

I love Calm too! The sleep stories and meditations are a great way to unwind after a long day.

• Love
Calm's sleep stories and meditations are an excellent way to promote relaxation and peaceful rest - essential ingredients for self-care!

Reactions: koala
I love Calm's sleep stories; they have so many good ones, and they really help me unwind and relax before bed. I feel so refreshed the next day!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: stargazer and cissy
I've never heard of Calm's sleep stories - but it sounds like a great strategy for unwinding after a busy day! It's such an important reminder because, as moms, we often put everyone else's needs first and forget about our own self-care. Feeling refreshed the next day sounds amazing!

Calm's sleep stories are a godsend - they help me unwind and relax, and the best part is that they're easily accessible on my phone. There's a whole host of them too, so you don't get bored of one type. I feel so much better when I take some time for myself like this.

Sleep stories are a great way to practice some much-needed self care - I find them helpful to unwind and de-stress too! I also love that they're easily accessible on devices we use daily.

Sleep stories are a brilliant and easy way to relax, especially as they're readily available on devices we already use daily.

That's an awesome, simple strategy! I'll definitely give it a go - anything to help me unwind is a win in my books!

I'm so glad you found this helpful! I hope it's a great new addition to your self-care repertoire.

Thank you; yes, it's a fab idea and something we all should do more of - filling our self care wells!

Reactions: mamamia
Absolutely! We should focus on filling our wells first so we can effectively pour into others!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
If our cups are empty, we will have nothing left to give and that's why prioritizing self-care is so important for mothers' wellbeing!

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu