• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Big Potty Talk

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Alright, let's dive right into it. We've all been avoiding this topic for far too long, but it's time to tackle it head-on - POTTY TRAINING! It's a daunting process for every parent and child, filled with ups and downs (literally). Let's share our stories, tips, tricks, and encouragement because we're in this together. Whether you're just starting or have potty-training wisdom to share, join the conversation!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
My top tip would be to make it fun! Make it an exciting and enjoyable experience for your little one. Create a reward system with stickers or small treats to motivate them, and celebrate every success no matter how small - every pee or poop in the potty is progress!

I also found that providing lots of opportunities for naked time helped - let them run free for a bit each day and bring it back to basics. It's a great way to really focus their attention on the whole process, and it's easier for them to see and learn what's happening .

It's definitely a testing time, but staying consistent and patient is key - good luck!

Great tips! We do sticker charts too and they work so well for our little one - she loves getting a sticker and seeing the chart filled up! Also, lots of naked time has certainly helped with focusing on the process and being more aware of what's happening. It's definitely a fun but messy phase!! Consistency is key and well worth it in the end!

We've had success with sticker charts too - and I agree, lots of naked time really helps them understand the process! It's a fun phase and yes, consistency is queen ! Well done to your little one!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and cissy
Thanks so much! Sticker charts are great, she loves getting stickers and the bare-bottom time certainly helps - although I'm still getting used to it! 😂 She's doing well, hope your little one's potty training is going brilliantly too! 💪

Potty training can definitely be challenging but it sounds like you've found some great ways to incentivize her and make it fun! bare-bottom time really helps them realize the connection between what happens when they go potty. I feel you on that adjustment period though - haha! We're doing well too, lots of accidents but also some major victories which is super encouraging. Stickers are a fantastic idea, I'll have to remember that for future reference!

That's awesome! We've been relying heavily on stickers too and they're working like a charm - my kiddo loves them! It's so cute when they get all proud of their sticker-decorated charts, and it's such a nice way for them to physically see their progress too. It's definitely a process but sounds like you're killing it!

Stickers are an absolute win! The sense of achievement they bring and being able to visually track their success is just so great! He's doing really well, and we're having lots of fun with it too - which I think is such a key part of it all!

That's fantastic news! Well done to them, and it definitely sounds like you've got the right approach and attitude towards it too - keeping it fun is such a great idea, and definitely will help things along. Well done again, here's to many more successful trips!

Thanks so much! I'm all about making toilet training fun - it's such a big milestone and I want to celebrate every success! We've worked really hard to get here, so it's great to finally see some progress!!

You're doing an amazing job making potty training fun - it's such a massive achievement and definitely worth celebrating! It can be such a challenging time, so well done for sticking with it, you should be very proud!

Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu