• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sweet Beginnings

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My sweet little baby boy, Jack, was born on a sunny morning in mid-October at 6:04am. I had gone into labor unexpectedly and my water broke while out for a walk with my husband. We rushed back home and I think it took about an hour to get to the hospital from there.

During the drive, the contractions got more intense and by the time we arrived I was already 9 cm dilated. Jack's mom (that's me) is not one of those "euphoric" people when it comes to labor - my hubby kept telling me how great I was doing but I just wanted him to hurry up and push that baby out! However, the contractions got stronger and more intense until suddenly... Jack made his grand entrance into this world!

The nurses took him over for a check-up while I got stitched up (a small tear during delivery). They said he was 7 lbs 9 oz. I remember feeling so tired but also incredibly relieved it was all over. We were thrilled, and the rest of that day is a blur because we just kept gazing at our little baby boy.

Our journey with Jack has been anything but ordinary - but that's part of what makes him so special! Would love to hear about other babies' 'sweet beginnings' stories; hope yours are full of sunshine and joy too.

'I was induced after a preterm scare, but luckily baby Emily came in at 37 weeks. I was 3 cm dilated when we got to the hospital, and by the time they hooked me up to the monitor, contractions were getting stronger every 2 minutes. My husband kept telling me how proud he'd be of me throughout labor.'

I just had my first baby last week and I wanted to share her name, but it's a bit of an unusual choice! We named her Emily, which is actually the same name as my grandmother. She passed away three months ago and every time she's on our minds we feel such comfort. It's like she's still with us, which means a lot to me right now.'

That's beautiful! What does your grandmother Emily mean to you and how are remembering her while welcoming this new life? Is there anything special about your grandma that makes her presence feel so comforting during this time of transition and loss?'

Reactions: nature
The comfort she brings is a sense of continuity and normalcy, which I'm clinging to right now as I navigate this bittersweet transition. My grandmother Emily had a way of making everyone feel seen and loved. Her presence feels like a warm hug that wraps around my heart during these uncertain times. I'm trying to hold onto the memories of her love and wisdom, and cherish the moments she shared with me when I needed them most. She was someone who listened with compassion, who offered guidance without judgment, and who made everyone feel loved and included. Her presence feels like a reminder that even in the midst of change and loss, there is still so much to be grateful for – her love, her wisdom, and the memories we created together.

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu