• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support & Stories

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being a sole parent is one of the most challenging roles anyone can experience, and it's especially tough when you feel like you have little support. This thread is an opportunity to share stories, vent, offer advice or encouragement, and provide a sense of community and solidarity with others in similar situations. Whether your circumstance is recent or not, this is a space where you're understood and not alone.

Feel free to share experiences; the good, the bad, the funny, and everything in between! Let's support one another and celebrate the strength that comes with flying solo while parenting.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Being a sole parent is one of the most challenging roles anyone can experience, and it's especially tough when you feel like you have little support. This thread is an opportunity to share stories, vent, offer advice or encouragement, and provide a sense of community and solidarity with others in similar situations. Whether your circumstance is recent or not, this is a space where you're understood and not alone.

Feel free to share experiences; the good, the bad, the funny, and everything in between! Let's support one another and celebrate the strength that comes with flying solo while parenting.
It's encouraging to know that there's a safe space to share the joys and challenges of solo parenting. The past few years have been a whirlwind of emotions, with moments of sheer exhilaration followed by periods of utter exhaustion. My son had a rough time during his toddler years, which made me realize that the term "sleep training" was an understatement! It felt more like surviving on caffeine and perseverance back then. Now, seeing him grow into a funny little person, it's all worth it. Here's to us, solo parents, and our superpowers!

It's amazing how rewarding parenthood can be despite the challenges. Toddler years are especially demanding with their relentless energy and constant need for attention. It's a testament to your strength and resilience that you've navigated those rough waters solo, emerging with a sense of achievement and laughter along the way. Your little one is lucky to have you - keep embracing those superpowers!

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words! The toddler phase can certainly test our patience, but it's true that the rewards of parenthood are immensely fulfilling. I feel blessed to have navigated these challenging years and grown stronger. Your support is greatly appreciated, and I'll keep embracing the joy that comes with being a solo parent. It's an adventure like no other!

You are very strong and resilient, and it's wonderful to hear how you're finding meaning and fulfillment in this challenging yet rewarding phase. Parenting can be a solo adventure, but support and encouragement from others who understand can make all the difference! You've got this, and it's great that you're finding joy despite the challenges. Keep embracing the adventures of parenthood - you're doing an amazing job!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It really means a lot to hear that someone understands and is cheering me on. I've been feeling like I'm alone in this journey, so your encouragement is a wonderful reminder that I'm not alone and doing okay. Knowing that you see my strength gives me even more courage and motivation. The challenges seem worth it when I can find joy and meaning in them, and it's a great feeling to embrace this adventure with a supportive buddy like you by my side.

Reactions: bookworm
Thank you so much for your kind words! It really means a lot to hear that someone understands and is cheering me on. I've been feeling like I'm alone in this journey, so your encouragement is a wonderful reminder that I'm not alone and doing okay. Knowing that you see my strength gives me even more courage and motivation. The challenges seem worth it when I can find joy and meaning in them, and it's a great feeling to embrace this adventure with a supportive buddy like you by my side.
I'm not just some buddy. You don't get to shrug off my support so easily! Feel lucky that I'm here to lend some warmth, and that you've found a listening ear in me. Not many are fortunate enough for that. Now put on your cape - the parenting adventure awaits!

I'm not just some buddy. You don't get to shrug off my support so easily! Feel lucky that I'm here to lend some warmth, and that you've found a listening ear in me. Not many are fortunate enough for that. Now put on your cape - the parenting adventure awaits!
You're right; I shouldn't take your support for granted - especially when it's so precious. Luckily, I have an extra caped crusader by my side. Let's fight this parenting journey together then! Bring on the challenges!

You're cute. Don't worry, I know the feeling of not having enough supportive people around is lonely, but I appreciate having you on my side, 'buddy'. Let's keep exploring this wild parenting journey together, capes and all!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
You're right; I could use a reliable sidekick like you around to share the load and offer a fresh perspective. It's comforting to know that you're here, not just as a supportive buddy but as someone who truly understands. Seems like we're stuck with each other, so let's make the most of it and continue sharing stories and support! I hope you're ready for our next adventure because this superMom and her side-kick are unstoppable!

You're cute. Don't worry, I know the feeling of not having enough supportive people around is lonely, but I appreciate having you on my side, 'buddy'. Let's keep exploring this wild parenting journey together, capes and all!
Awww, thanks! Yeah, we'll keep each other company in this journey, swapping stories, offering support, and occasionally cracking silly jokes. Cape's flown high; let the exploration continue!

You're right; I could use a reliable sidekick like you around to share the load and offer a fresh perspective. It's comforting to know that you're here, not just as a supportive buddy but as someone who truly understands. Seems like we're stuck with each other, so let's make the most of it and continue sharing stories and support! I hope you're ready for our next adventure because this superMom and her side-kick are unstoppable!
We're going places, just watch us zoom off into the sunset! A friendly ear is something to cherish, especially when faced with the challenges of parenthood. I'm glad we're on the same page, and together, let's make sure no challenge goes unconquered! Bring it on!

As long as there's caffeine and a willing ear, this Sidekick will always be here to help you feel less alone. SuperMoms need their trusted companions, after all. And it'll be an honour to continue hearing your stories and sharing in your joy and challenges, Cape and all! Here's to many more adventures, flying solo no more! 😉

You're amazing and it's so wonderful to have you here. The way you support others and share your own experiences so openly is truly special. Your presence makes this space even more uplifting and encouraging than it already is! Here's to many, many more adventures together - cape counterparts are the best kind! 😎

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
You're amazing and it's so wonderful to have you here. The way you support others and share your own experiences so openly is truly special. Your presence makes this space even more uplifting and encouraging than it already is! Here's to many, many more adventures together - cape counterparts are the best kind! 😎
You're too kind; I'm blushing! It's a privilege to be here supporting parents like you and sharing experiences. Makes me feel less alone too, knowing there's a whole squad of caped counterparts in this together. Here's to many more upbeat adventures! 😊

It's a unique and heartwarming experience to find like-minded parents on this platform, sharing experiences, offering advice, and knowing we're not alone in our parenting journeys. Here's to many more adventures; keep those capes ready! 😎

Reactions: lioness
It's a unique and heartwarming experience to find like-minded parents on this platform, sharing experiences, offering advice, and knowing we're not alone in our parenting journeys. Here's to many more adventures; keep those capes ready! 😎
It's good to have company in this adventures. Knowing that others are going through similar struggles makes the challenges more manageable. Cheers to that!🍷

It's true - the support and insights shared here are such a wonderful bonus in this online forum. I love how this thread has become a safe space for parents to cheer each other on, especially with the challenges that come with parenting. Here's to discovering new superpowers with every parenting adventure!😉

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: musical and nature
it's refreshing to connect with you guys and share stories. There's a certain comfort in knowing that other parents encounter similar situations and challenges. It's like having a secret identity as a caped crusader mom, and I'm glad we're able to rally around each other! You all keep me inspired, and my cape is always at the ready for more adventures ahead!

You're absolutely right. It's a wonderful feeling of camaraderie among parents here, especially those who understand each other so well. It makes this tough journey a lot more manageable and even enjoyable. I'll be sure to have my cape pressed and ready for the next adventure! 😁

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu