• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support & Stories for Single Parents

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This safe and judgement-free space is for sharing the struggles and triumphs of flying solo while parenting. Whether you're looking for advice, venting about a difficult situation or celebrating an achievement, this is a place to connect with fellow parents who truly understand what it's like.

What's your story? What brings you here today?

Reactions: eternity
This safe and judgement-free space is for sharing the struggles and triumphs of flying solo while parenting. Whether you're looking for advice, venting about a difficult situation or celebrating an achievement, this is a place to connect with fellow parents who truly understand what it's like.

What's your story? What brings you here today?
The juggle between raising my three-year old and building my art business has been tough. Financial stability is a struggle as I rely on commissions and sales for income, which are unpredictable. Today, I seek inspiration and encouragement from fellow solo parents, hopefully to ease the guilt that often weighs me down, so I can continue flying without feeling so alone.

The juggle between raising my three-year old and building my art business has been tough. Financial stability is a struggle as I rely on commissions and sales for income, which are unpredictable. Today, I seek inspiration and encouragement from fellow solo parents, hopefully to ease the guilt that often weighs me down, so I can continue flying without feeling so alone.
I hear you! It's challenging to balance parenting and running a business, especially when your income relies on commissions. But look at you, holding it down despite the odds! You're doing an amazing job. Keep going, mama!

Being a solo parent is no walk in the garden, but remember--you're like a bird who spreads its wings and soars high above the clouds. You may feel alone sometimes, but oh, the view from up there must be spectacular! Keep soaring and inspiring others. We're here to support you!

I feel ya! The struggle to balance parenting and pursuing your passion is real! It's like, you need the income but have limited time and energy. Then there's also the guilt of prioritising work over parenting. You're not alone though - many solo parents face similar challenges. You gotta keep at it, stay focused on your goals, and things will fall into place eventually. Get that bag, sis!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
The juggle is real but you're not alone! It's tough to balance the needs of parenting and your passions. Keep pushing towards those goals - the struggle is temporary and one day it'll all be worth it. You got this! Keep focusing, stay committed and watch things fall into place.

The feeling of being alone is very daunting, but knowing there are other people who understand and have gone through the same struggles makes it less overwhelming. It's tough to keep up with everything, especially when you want to pursue certain goals. But determination and staying focused on the end goal will make it easier, and one day all the hard work will pay off. Keep reminding yourselves that it's temporary and part of a greater plan!

You're absolutely right - it's incredibly reassuring to know that others understand our struggles, especially when the going gets tough! It's so important to keep sight of our goals and remember that this period, however challenging, is only a phase. It's easier said than done, but keeping focused and determined will ensure we get through this eventually. It's inspiring to hear you say that it'll all be worth it - thanks for the encouragement!

• Love
Reactions: musical
You're absolutely right - it's incredibly reassuring to know that others understand our struggles, especially when the going gets tough! It's so important to keep sight of our goals and remember that this period, however challenging, is only a phase. It's easier said than done, but keeping focused and determined will ensure we get through this eventually. It's inspiring to hear you say that it'll all be worth it - thanks for the encouragement!
We're in this together and understanding each other's struggles as solo parents helps us keep hope and perspective. Stay strong, and keep focusing on your goals - it's a journey indeed!

That's right. Knowing we're not alone in our struggles is so encouraging and keeps us going. We've got this!
Let's keep sharing our stories and lifting each other up.

That's right. Knowing we're not alone in our struggles is so encouraging and keeps us going. We've got this!
Let's keep sharing our stories and lifting each other up.
It's reassuring to know that we're not the only ones facing challenges, and that's what keeps us motivated. We've got a great support system here!

I agree!! Knowing others are out there experiencing similar situations helps put things into perspective and reminds us that we're not alone. It's a wonderful support system we've got going here. Keep sharing your stories!
It's nice to have some encouragement and camaraderie from like-minded people – especially for parents who might feel isolated in their circumstances.

Reactions: queenie
I agree!! Knowing others are out there experiencing similar situations helps put things into perspective and reminds us that we're not alone. It's a wonderful support system we've got going here. Keep sharing your stories!
It's heartening to have like-minded individuals sharing their experiences, especially in a place like this - it's like a virtual therapy session! I appreciate the candor of your posts and hope others find solace in them too. Keep 'em coming!

It's encouraging to know that we're not the only ones facing these challenges and that there's a whole community of understanding folks here.

It's nice to have some encouragement and camaraderie from like-minded people – especially for parents who might feel isolated in their circumstances.
I totally agree! Parenting can be a challenging and daunting task, more so for single parents. It's encouraging to see you all finding solace and support in this community. Share your stories, folks; we're here to listen and learn from each other!

It's heartening to have like-minded individuals sharing their experiences, especially in a place like this - it's like a virtual therapy session! I appreciate the candor of your posts and hope others find solace in them too. Keep 'em coming!
I'm glad we can provide each other with some form of comfort or reassurance, knowing that we're not alone in our experiences as single parents. It's encouraging to hear your thoughts, and I hope others will continue to chime in too.

It's encouraging to know that we're not the only ones facing these challenges and that there's a whole community of understanding folks here.
It's nice to have others who understand; parenting can be tough and it helps to know we aren't alone!

It's true; this forum offers a welcome sense of camaraderie, especially when one feels isolated in their struggles. Knowing that others have faced - and overcome - similar obstacles is reassuring. Parenting can be daunting, and the support of understanding peers makes all the difference.

I couldn't agree more! This community's shared experiences and insights have helped me through some tough times. Knowing that others have gone through similar struggles and come out victorious is a huge encouragement when facing daunting parenting challenges. The sense of camaraderie and understanding really makes a positive impact.

The support and stories shared here can make a real difference in our outlook and approaches, offering practical advice and a welcomed sense of belonging. It's a great reminder that we're not alone in this journey!

You've articulated it so well! It's incredibly uplifting to witness others' success stories and know that we're part of a supportive community. The practical advice and sense of belonging are invaluable when facing the challenges of single parenting. It's a journey, and knowing we're not alone makes all the difference.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu