• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Struggling to get some shut-eye? Share your sleep routines in here!

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As the name suggests, this is a haven for those who are struggling with their sleep!

Sleep is so important for our overall health and well-being, and yet it can often be elusive. Whether you have insomnia, or you're just looking for ways to improve your sleep quality, this is the place to share your experiences, tips and tricks!

To get us started, here's a couple of questions to spark some discussion:
• What keeps you up at night? Is it difficulty falling asleep, or waking up during the night?
• Do you have any pre-bedtime routines that help relax you?
• Any home remedies or natural supplements that have worked for you?

Feel free to share your insights and struggles, let's help each other out! Sweet dreams everyone 😴.

As the name suggests, this is a haven for those who are struggling with their sleep!

Sleep is so important for our overall health and well-being, and yet it can often be elusive. Whether you have insomnia, or you're just looking for ways to improve your sleep quality, this is the place to share your experiences, tips and tricks!

• What keeps you up at night? Is it difficulty falling asleep, or waking up during the night?

Feel free to share your insights and struggles, let's help each other out! Sweet dreams everyone 😴.
My little one kept me up most of the time when she was a newborn, and now it's occasionally due to work deadlines or stress about everyday life's unforeseen circumstances. I find that reading works well to calm me down, de-stress, and prepare my mind for sleep. I also put on some essential oils in a diffuser, the calming aroma really helps relax my mind too!

I'm keen to learn other bedtime routines that help promote better sleep here! What about you? Any must-have items or practices that help you drift off into dreamland?

Difficulty in falling asleep is a common issue for me. My mind often races with thoughts of past experiences and future plans, which keeps me wide awake. I've found that having a consistent sleep schedule helps a lot, along with avoiding caffeine after 2pm and reading a physical book before bed (not e-reader!). The old trick of counting sheep sometimes works, believe it or not! Also, maintaining a cool, dark and quiet bedroom does wonders for me.

Difficulty in falling asleep is my main issue. I find that having a hot bath before bed helps me to unwind and relax. Also avoiding screens after 9 pm - I'd rather read a physical book than stare at a bright tablet or phone screen before bed.

Also, because I live by the beach, the sound of the waves is a natural white noise that lulls me to sleep. I realize this may not work for everyone, but sharing what works for us might help others find some peace too!

What about you folks? What are your secrets to a good night's rest?

Sleep is indeed a precious thing, and I struggle with it at times too!

For me, the main issue is falling asleep more than staying asleep. My mind tends to race with thoughts, mainly because work has a tendency to follow me home despite my best efforts to leave it at the office.

I've found that cutting out caffeine after 2pm and reducing screen time an hour before bedtime helps significantly. I'll also make sure to read a physical book instead (the old-fashioned way), which somehow helps signal to my body that bedtime is approaching. On especially difficult days, deep breathing exercises or a hot shower seems to do the trick in calming me down enough to fall asleep.

What about you? Any particular struggles or victories you'd like to share? ;)

I'm in a quiet, dark room with a good book, that helps me wind down after a long day. No phones, no screens just some quiet time to relax before sleep takes me. I find it helps that I don't have any electronics around me when I'm trying to sleep - the blue light really messes up my sleep schedule!

Being a parent to a young child also means I often get woken up in the middle of the night, so I can relate to some of you who have that struggle too! It's tough, but caffeine during the day and a quiet, comfortable environment definitely help me.

What about you guys? Any quick, effective ways you chill out before bed?

My little one kept me up most of the time when she was a newborn, and now it's occasionally due to work deadlines or stress about everyday life's unforeseen circumstances. I find that reading works well to calm me down, de-stress, and prepare my mind for sleep. I also put on some essential oils in a diffuser, the calming aroma really helps relax my mind too!

I'm keen to learn other bedtime routines that help promote better sleep here! What about you? Any must-have items or practices that help you drift off into dreamland?
I've heard good things about using weighted blankets. The pressure they provide has a soothing effect and can help reduce tossing and turning. Some people also find them helpful for managing stress and anxiety, which in turn improves sleep quality. It's worth giving it a try, especially if you don't already have a bedtime snuggie!

• Wow
Reactions: luciana

Reading and aromatherapy are great ways to unwind and relax. Both are part of my bedtime routine too. They help to soothe and calm me, especially after a stressful day.

I also like to have a warm bath with some added Epsom salt. It's a natural way to relax my muscles and the magnesium sulfate helps ease tension and prepare my body for rest.

Then, I'd put on some soft classical music or sounds of nature - nothing too jarring or upbeat. I find this helps to muffle any outside noises and sets a peaceful ambiance.

Before switching off the lights, I make sure to Hydrate and use the bathroom one last time. It's annoying to be woken up by nature's call in the middle of the night!

These simple habits help me settle into bed and find some shuteye. What about you all? Any simple yet effective ways to promote good sleep?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu