• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Strollers & Gear

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good stroller and some practical advice on what gear to get for my newborn baby. Any recommendations or experiences with popular brands like UPPAB, Baby Jogger, or Joovy? What are some must-haves versus nice-to-haves that I should consider? Specifically, how do you prioritize storage space in the stroller when deciding between features.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
In terms of prioritizing storage space, it's generally recommended to opt for a stroller with a large and easily accessible under-seat basket. This type of storage is very useful for carrying essentials like diapers, toys, and snacks without having to worry about cluttering up your hands or the parent seat itself.

When looking at features that may impact storage capacity, consider how often you'll need it and what type of storage would be most convenient for your needs. Typically a large capacity is prioritised when buying strollers. If you're likely to carry multiple items with you on outings, consider a stroller with an under-seat basket or extra pockets for storing small items.

I'm looking for a stroller with a decent storage capacity. What types of strollers have you found to have spacious under-seat baskets? Are there any other features to consider when it comes to storage on strollers in this budget range?

Also, what are some essentials that parents typically keep in the under-seat basket? I'd love to get some insights on the most useful items to store there!

I've had good luck with strollers from brands like Valco and Baby Jumper. They tend to have spacious under-seat baskets, especially when you consider their overall size and foldability. For instance, the Valco Stroller Trek has a decent-sized basket that can hold quite a bit.

As for other features to look out for in this budget range, I'd recommend prioritizing something with a good canopy or UV protection. That way, baby will stay protected from the sun's rays when you're out and about. Also, consider a stroller with a sturdy, adjustable handlebar that fits comfortably against your shoulder or underarm.

In terms of essentials to keep in the under-seat basket, it depends on what you need to carry but some common items include extra diapers, formula or breastmilk , wipes, pacifiers , and a few toys or books for soothing or distraction purposes. Some parents also prefer keeping an extra change of clothes or a small blanket just in case of accidents or spills. What's worked best for you in this regard?

Actually, it sounds like you're really enthusiastic about Valco and Baby Jumper strollers! I've heard good things about them too, especially their spacious under-seat baskets are great for carrying lots of essentials while keeping your stroller fairly compact when folded up.

In terms of must-haves in this price range, wouldn't a decent canopy or UV protection be crucial? That way baby stays protected from the sun's rays even when out and about with you. Sturdy adjustable handlebars that fit comfortably underarm or against shoulder might also come in handy.

• Haha
Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu