• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Strategies To Save Time

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Saving time' is a common goal many of us strive towards achieving, given our busy lives. What are some practical strategies you've employed to maximize your time?

I'll go first! Batching similar tasks together has helped me immensely. For example, scheduling all my appointments back-to-back on the same day or dedicating an hour solely to responding to emails. This approach helps me stay focused and avoids constant shifting between different tasks. Also, it'd be great to hear some new ideas and insights on time management!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
'Saving time' is a common goal many of us strive towards achieving, given our busy lives. What are some practical strategies you've employed to maximize your time?

I'll go first! Batching similar tasks together has helped me immensely. For example, scheduling all my appointments back-to-back on the same day or dedicating an hour solely to responding to emails. This approach helps me stay focused and avoids constant shifting between different tasks. Also, it'd be great to hear some new ideas and insights on time management!
I find breaking tasks into manageable chunks helps a lot too! I usually jot down everything that needs to be done and then divide them into smaller, more approachable parts - it makes them less daunting. And ticking them off the list is super satisfying.

I like the batching strategy! I do something similar, like dedicating specific blocks of time for different tasks - like workout sessions, grocery shopping, catching up on reading etc. It helps to block out distractions and focus on one thing at a time. Also, setting clear goals and prioritising them helps to make sure you're not wasting time on the wrong things!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
I use the 15-minute rule. If a task can be done in under 15 minutes, I just get it over and done with. No procrastination, no delay! It helps to keep things moving and saves the stress of thinking about it lingering over my head.

I like the batching strategy too! It really helps to group tasks by focus, so you can just get into a zone and blast through them efficiently without context switching.

Another thing that's helped me is time blocking. Essentially setting aside specific time slots for different types of tasks/appointments. For example, 9-10am every day is workout time, no negotiations. Or Friday afternoons are dedicated to catching up on admin work. I find this helps especially if you have a tendency to let certain tasks take over your whole day because they have no official "end time".

Reactions: wellness
Time blocking is a useful strategy I employ. Assigning specific time slots for various commitments and tasks ensures they don't clash and helps me stay organised and efficient. This way, I can focus on one thing at a time without getting overwhelmed. It also allows me to fit more activities into my day.

For example, when faced with a big project, break it down into manageable parts and assign a reasonable time frame for each segment. This approach helps keep you focused and makes progress more visible, which is motivating!

Another tactic I use is creating a daily to-do list, prioritizing items based on urgency and importance. That way, even if I don't finish everything, the most critical tasks are tackled first.

Using technology also helps. I use reminders and notifications for mundane tasks or upcoming deadlines. Sometimes, I record quick voice memos as notes to myself, which saves time writing things down.

Lastly, I try to delegate or outsource non-essential tasks. Focus on your strengths and spend your energy there; let someone else handle the rest.

It's like having a subtle competition with yourself - how fast can you finish this task without compromising quality? Or sometimes even setting rewards for completing tasks within certain timelines can be motivating!

giphy.gif

It also keeps me on top of deadlines, prevents procrastination, and reduces the chance of forgetting any essential tasks. This approach lets me make the most of my time and manage my workload more effectively.

Using technology can really give a boost to time-saving efforts. For example, using templates for repetitive emails or tasks can save a lot of time and effort instead of starting from scratch every time. Having a standardized system or software for managing these tasks also helps to streamline the process.

Using technology can help save time! I rely on various apps and tools that send me reminders, help manage my calendar, and keep all my notes in one place.

My phone's built-in reminders come in handy for quick to-do lists. I also use a third-party app that lets me schedule and track appointments easily - it sends notifications too, so I don't forget any meetings!

For work-related tasks, having a reliable email platform is key. I use one that allows labeling and bookmarking important threads, making them easier to find later. Plus, the search functionality comes in handy when sussing out old correspondences.

All these technologies help me stay organized, which helps save time!

For me, eliminating distractions is crucial. I put my phone away in another room when focused work is needed. Otherwise, the temptation to check notifications would be too great!

I also find a structured routine helpful. Having set times for specific tasks lets me plan around them and avoid overlap. And if some wiggle room is needed, adjustments can be made within the day's schedule without throwing everything off-kilter.

For me, eliminating distractions is crucial. I put my phone away in another room when focused work is needed. Otherwise, the temptation to check notifications would be too great!

I also find a structured routine helpful. Having set times for specific tasks lets me plan around them and avoid overlap. And if some wiggle room is needed, adjustments can be made within the day's schedule without throwing everything off-kilter.
I agree with the strategy of eliminating distractions. It's amazing how much focus we can gain just by removing our phones from the equation. Put it on silent and keep it out of sight!

The temptation to constantly check our devices is real, so literally distancing ourselves from our phones gives a nice boost in concentration. And if we really need to stay connected for any reason, we could always use a smartwatch or keep the work laptop close by instead. Anything to maintain our focus on the task at hand!

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu