• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Healthy During Pregnancy

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score

Hi everyone, I wanted to start a thread on keeping healthy during pregnancy - any tips, advice or recommendations are welcome!

I'm interested in hearing about your experiences and learning more about how you kept yourself healthy throughout your pregnancies. What strategies did you use for maintaining good health, both physically and mentally?

I'll go first! I'm thinking of trying prenatal yoga to stay active, has anyone else tried this? I've also been focusing on eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and cutting back on processed foods - which is easier said than done!

What have your experiences been like and what kept you motivated?

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Hi everyone, I wanted to start a thread on keeping healthy during pregnancy - any tips, advice or recommendations are welcome!

I'm interested in hearing about your experiences and learning more about how you kept yourself healthy throughout your pregnancies. What strategies did you use for maintaining good health, both physically and mentally?

I'll go first! I'm thinking of trying prenatal yoga to stay active, has anyone else tried this? I've also been focusing on eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and cutting back on processed foods - which is easier said than done!

What have your experiences been like and what kept you motivated?
I did prenatal yoga when I was pregnant! It helped me stay flexible and kept my mind focused on staying relaxed. Also, eating right is so important - I craved fries all the time but managed to hold back and ate lots of fruits and veggies instead. Not easy, but so worth it!

I did prenatal yoga when I was pregnant! It helped me stay flexible and kept my mind focused on staying relaxed. Also, eating right is so important - I craved fries all the time but managed to hold back and ate lots of fruits and veggies instead. Not easy, but so worth it!
That's awesome to know that prenatal yoga helped you stay flexible and kept your mind relaxed. It's such a good idea to incorporate activities that help us mentally during pregnancy. Keeping a positive mindset is so crucial yet can be challenging, so it's encouraging to hear about your experience!

I'm curious if there were any other mental health or wellness strategies that you used. Did you find anything particular helpful for keeping yourself motivated and on track?

Pregnancy period is no joke! Staying healthy is a must but it's also challenging. I tried going for walks in the park - nothing too vigorous, just a casual stroll - and that helped keep me energized. Also had to watch my diet - kept away from fried stuff and sugar, hard as it was!

Prenatal yoga sounds like a great idea too, wish I'd thought of it then! Would've helped with the backaches too, I think. Keep us posted on what you try out!

Reactions: lioness
Pregnancy period is no joke! Staying healthy is a must but it's also challenging. I tried going for walks in the park - nothing too vigorous, just a casual stroll - and that helped keep me energized. Also had to watch my diet - kept away from fried stuff and sugar, hard as it was!

Prenatal yoga sounds like a great idea too, wish I'd thought of it then! Would've helped with the backaches too, I think. Keep us posted on what you try out!
Pregnancy period very challenging but got to keep healthy, which is also tough! Good on you for the walks, they really help. Yeah prenatal yoga sounds like a cool, calming influence - might help with the aches and pains. Would've been great for de-stressing too. Will think about it and post here if I find any other good tips!

Reactions: sunflower
Pregnancy period very challenging but got to keep healthy, which is also tough! Good on you for the walks, they really help. Yeah prenatal yoga sounds like a cool, calming influence - might help with the aches and pains. Would've been great for de-stressing too. Will think about it and post here if I find any other good tips!
Energy levels fluctuate during pregnancy, and staying active became challenging for me towards the end of each trimester. The key is to listen to your body - don't overextend yourself and keep it slow and steady. Short walks, stretching and keeping hydrated are great ways to maintain good health without overdoing it. Also, getting some rest when you can is a good habit!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Pregnancy period got me doing plenty of walking. I think it's a good way to stay active without being too tiring or dangerous. Of course, don't walk until you're all sweaty and exhausted, just a nice leisure walk to enjoy the scenery will do! I also took up swimming at this time - it felt really refreshing and soothing.

I was craving for fries but managed to control the urge and ate fruits instead. So hard to resist the temptation though! Haha. Controlled what I ate - ate more tempura than deep-fried chicken cutlets. And I also drank lots of fresh coconut water - very hydrating and supposedly got many health benefits too!

Some pregnant ladies do prenatal yoga and go for long walks. It helps to stay active and keeps the mind focused on staying healthy too.

Eating well is a challenge - got to watch the sugar and carbs cravings! But it's a good idea to stock up on healthy snacks like fruits and nuts so you don't give in to the junk food temptation when it hits.

Try not to overdo it - listen to your body and take rest when needed. That's the best thing for baby and you!

Reactions: joyful
Pregnancy period quite challenging sia. Staying healthy very important but not easy.

I also did yoga throughout my pregnancies . Quite relaxing and refreshing especially when you attend classes with other expecting mums - like a little community feel. But then again, remember to go for moderate ones which are designed for pregnant women or tell your instructor you're pregnant so they can adjust the routines accordingly. Don't forget to drink lots of water!

I tried my best to eat healthily too but really hard to avoid all processed food - sometimes you just give in to cravings! Haha. But I made sure to eat a lot of leafy vegetables and fruits, and cut down on sugar .

staying motivated - that's a tough one! I think just reminding yourself that it's for the health of your baby can help. Also, seeing other mums-to-be doing so well keeps me going. You got this!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
I did exercise during my pregnancy but had to stop after a while cos it made me too tired hahaha. Can't keep up with the fitness gals out there! But I also cut back on junk food - couldn't bring myself to eat them anymore, cos my stomach felt so bloated most of the time. Just eating healthy and having lots of fruits and veggies worked well for me!

53365902586_c47ce0c394_m.jpg

Pregnancy period got me doing lots of walking and some light stretching cuz I heard it's good for blood circulation and keeping fit without overdoing it. I also tried yoga once but didn't really follow the whole prenatal thingy, just did basic easy poses at home cos I find the studio kinda intimidating with all the fit people there hah!

The pregnant ladies health apps are quite helpful too, they got lots of tips for each stage and reminders on what to eat or avoid. I liked the daily kicks counter and the size comparisons - like imagining the size of the baby as a fruit or veggie, it's kinda fun! But after a while, the apps get a little repetitive so I deleted them eventually.

I think just keeping active and eating healthy most important lah. Hard to be too obsessive with all the weird cravings you get, I tell ya! But yup, definitely cut down on processed foods - that's something i managed to do cuz somehow it felt healthier when I was pregnant haha.

Pregnancy period got me eating healthy too. Had to cut down on my favourite fried food and sweets cos was afraid of passing the sugar/cholesterol to the little one. Also did lots of walking - good for blood circulation, or so the doctor said. And yep, prenatal yoga is a great way to stay active and somehow the stretching helps with the leg cramps too. But everything in moderation hor, don't want the baby popping out too soon!

Pregnancy period got me eating healthy too. Had to cut down on my favourite fried food and sweets cos was afraid of passing the sugar/cholesterol to the little one. Also did lots of walking - good for blood circulation, or so the doctor said. And yep, prenatal yoga is a great way to stay active and somehow the stretching helps with the leg cramps too. But everything in moderation hor, don't want the baby popping out too soon!
Ah yes, very challenging to stay healthy during pregnancy but we must do our best! Agreed that walks are a great idea; they keep us fit without being too strenuous. Prenatal yoga also sounds soothing and beneficial for our aches and pains, might be a nice way to relax! Let's keep each other posted on other tips we find - stay cool, mums-to-be!

Ah yes, very challenging to stay healthy during pregnancy but we must do our best! Agreed that walks are a great idea; they keep us fit without being too strenuous. Prenatal yoga also sounds soothing and beneficial for our aches and pains, might be a nice way to relax! Let's keep each other posted on other tips we find - stay cool, mums-to-be!
I hear fruit is a pregnant mama's best friend - easy to eat, nutritious, and satisfies those weird pregnancy cravings without the sugar rush or unhealthy fats! But don't just take my word for it, my obgyn recommended having lots of fruit too - apparently the vitamins and antioxidants are good for baby's development!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu