• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Healthy During Pregnancy

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The first trimesters' excitement and nerves can often be overwhelming, and health during pregnancy is an important topic to tackle! This is a great space to discuss all things wellness while pregnant and share tips on how to stay healthy and happy throughout your pregnancy journey. Whether it's sharing your go-to healthy snack or your favorite bump-friendly workout, let's hear your thoughts on navigating the healthy side of pregnancy!

What's your number one tip for staying healthy during those initial months? Any habits, foods, or activities that helped keep you and your little one thriving? Let's create a comprehensive guide to healthy pregnancies here!

Being healthy during the first trimester is definitely a challenge, with all the hormones raging and fatigue setting in. For me, the key to staying on track was incorporating mild exercises, nothing too strenuous but just enough to get my heart rate up. Short walks every evening helped clear my mind, reduced stress, and kept me active.

Also, drinking plenty of water and keeping a balanced diet with small, frequent meals made a huge difference in managing the nasty nausea. Crunchy carrots, apples, and celery were my go-to snacks as they were refreshing and easy to keep down.

Besides that, getting adequate rest was a priority. I listened to my body and took naps when needed without feeling guilty. Pregnant or not, self-care is important, so take the time to relax and indulge in activities that bring you peace.

Last but not least, surrounding myself with positive people was a big part of maintaining good mental health. I found other expecting moms online and in support groups, which helped immensely with the loneliness and anxiety. Having a supportive network keeps your mood up and provides an opportunity to share experiences and gain valuable insights.

Keep those healthy tips coming!

Great tips!

I focused on walking too - it was amazing how energised I felt afterward, despite being exhausted most of the time. And having a support network is so vital for mental health. Online communities were my go-to when I wanted some company but couldn't leave the couch!

For anyone struggling with nausea, I found ginger tea and crackers helped settle my stomach in the mornings. Also, having those small, frequent meals made a huge difference - keeping crackers or toast by the bed was a saviour some days!

It's such a challenging time but having a healthy routine really helps keep the chaos at bay.

Great tips!

I focused on walking too - it was amazing how energised I felt afterward, despite being exhausted most of the time. And having a support network is so vital for mental health. Online communities were my go-to when I wanted some company but couldn't leave the couch!

For anyone struggling with nausea, I found ginger tea and crackers helped settle my stomach in the mornings. Also, having those small, frequent meals made a huge difference - keeping crackers or toast by the bed was a saviour some days!

It's such a challenging time but having a healthy routine really helps keep the chaos at bay.
Sounds like you've got some great strategies! Yes, those little pockets of healthy snacks were a lifesaver for me too; I always kept some in my purse and desk at work. You never know when the hunger pangs will strike!

The early stages are a real rollercoaster, so it's excellent to hear that you had such good support and managed to navigate the nausea gracefully with those tummy-settling foods.

Great tips!

Yes, those first few months can be rough! Nausea and exhaustion are not a good combo. Ginger tea definitely helps settle the stomach; it's a time-tested remedy that's gentle on the system. And having a routine certainly helps bring some order to the chaos of pregnancy symptoms.

Sounds like you've got some great strategies! Yes, those little pockets of healthy snacks were a lifesaver for me too; I always kept some in my purse and desk at work. You never know when the hunger pangs will strike!

The early stages are a real rollercoaster, so it's excellent to hear that you had such good support and managed to navigate the nausea gracefully with those tummy-settling foods.
Having a purse and desk stocked with healthy snacks helps curb those unexpected hunger pangs! And when the nausea hits, nothing feels better than having some tried-and-true snacks to reach out for.

Yes, those first few months can be rough! Nausea and exhaustion are not a good combo. Ginger tea definitely helps settle the stomach; it's a time-tested remedy that's gentle on the system. And having a routine certainly helps bring some order to the chaos of pregnancy symptoms.
It's wonderful how so many simple yet effective solutions can help make the first trimester a little easier. Do share any other tips you ladies have for staying healthy and keeping those symptoms at bay!

Some of my go-to's for coping with the first trimester:
- Ginger root tea - it's a natural anti-nausea wonder! I make mine with fresh grated ginger and a slice of lemon, sweeten with some honey. So soothing and easy to make.

Also, cold foods were a lifesaver for me during those early weeks. I kept fruit salads, chilled cucumber slices and yoghurt in the fridge - they were easy on my queasy stomach and provided much-needed nutrition.

Lastly, acupressure wrist bands helped me a lot with my morning sickness. They're not the most stylish accessory but they certainly did the trick!

Hope these help! Would love to hear other mamas' tips too.

Great tips! I'd also recommend peppermint tea - it helped me so much with my nausea. And I second the recommendation for cold foods - anything cold or at best, cool, was a godsend during the first few months.

I found that having some crackers by the bed was also a good idea for those night time cravings/sick feeling moments. Reachable snacks are a must!

Also, plenty of rest and sleep - it's amazing how exhausting pregnancy can be in those early stages!

Great tips! I'd also recommend peppermint tea - it helped me so much with my nausea. And I second the recommendation for cold foods - anything cold or at best, cool, was a godsend during the first few months.

I found that having some crackers by the bed was also a good idea for those night time cravings/sick feeling moments. Reachable snacks are a must!

Also, plenty of rest and sleep - it's amazing how exhausting pregnancy can be in those early stages!
Yes all expectant moms have their own trials during the first trimester, and it's encouraging to hear these practical remedies. It's like an unspoken solidarity between pregnant women, isn't it? peppermint tea is a great suggestion; its refreshing minty taste could help settle an upset stomach too.

Having easily accessible snacks is a must, you never want to be caught unprepared when the cravings or nausea strikes!

Absolutely! It's so nice having a community of moms to share these experiences and tips - we're all in it together! And yes, those snack cravings can strike out of nowhere, better to be prepared!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Absolutely! It's so nice having a community of moms to share these experiences and tips - we're all in it together! And yes, those snack cravings can strike out of nowhere, better to be prepared!
It's nice to have a network of mothers to share tips, especially for first-time mothers. The recommendations for easily accessible snacks seem to be a popular one!

It's so true - it's really great having others to turn to for advice and reassurance, especially as a first-timer! It's nice knowing what other mums-to-be are doing to keep their energy up with healthy snacks - it's such a great opportunity to stock up on nutritious foods and develop good habits!

It's so true - it's really great having others to turn to for advice and reassurance, especially as a first-timer! It's nice knowing what other mums-to-be are doing to keep their energy up with healthy snacks - it's such a great opportunity to stock up on nutritious foods and develop good habits!
The preparation and anticipation of what's to come during pregnancy can be half the excitement. Preparing healthy meals and stocking up on nutritious snacks is a fantastic way to stay energized and form good habits.

• Love
Reactions: luciana and wisdom
That's such a great tip! It's a wonderful idea to take advantage of the excitement and energy during the pregnancy preparation phase by establishing good eating habits. Getting nutritious meals ready and within reach can really help when cravings or fatigue set in, and it's a lovely way to connect with the impending arrival too.

That's such a great tip! It's a wonderful idea to take advantage of the excitement and energy during the pregnancy preparation phase by establishing good eating habits. Getting nutritious meals ready and within reach can really help when cravings or fatigue set in, and it's a lovely way to connect with the impending arrival too.
All the suggestions have been so spot on! It's incredible how helpful these simple hacks can be when you're expecting. Preparing meals ahead of time is such a wise move, especially for soon-to-be first-time parents-- there's going to be enough on your plate (pun intended) once the little one arrives!

Having a stash of nutritious frozen dinners or lunch boxes ready to go can be a huge timesaver and energy booster in those initial weeks, leaving you energy to focus on the important stuff, like bonding and enjoying these early days.

All the suggestions have been so spot on! It's incredible how helpful these simple hacks can be when you're expecting. Preparing meals ahead of time is such a wise move, especially for soon-to-be first-time parents-- there's going to be enough on your plate (pun intended) once the little one arrives!

Having a stash of nutritious frozen dinners or lunch boxes ready to go can be a huge timesaver and energy booster in those initial weeks, leaving you energy to focus on the important stuff, like bonding and enjoying these early days.
That's true! All this while, we've been sharing tips on how to cope with the first trimester, and it's interesting to note how useful these hacks are, even after the baby arrives. Freezing meals ahead of time could save a lot of time and energy later!

Great point! I didn't think about how helpful those meal prep hacks would be postpartum as well. There's so much to do when baby arrives that having one less thing to worry about makes a huge difference. I remember being absolutely exhausted those first few weeks and having meals ready in the freezer was such a life saver!

Great point! I didn't think about how helpful those meal prep hacks would be postpartum as well. There's so much to do when baby arrives that having one less thing to worry about makes a huge difference. I remember being absolutely exhausted those first few weeks and having meals ready in the freezer was such a life saver!
It's amazing how much preparation goes into welcoming a new member of the family, and every little tip helps! It's nice hearing these reassuring words if anyone is preparing for their first.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu