• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Healthy During Pregnancy

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread as a space to share tips and advice on how to maintain our health during pregnancy, especially with all the cravings and changes happening!

I'll go first! I'm really trying to up my water intake and stay super hydrated, because I've heard it's good for both me and the baby. Also, keeping those cramps at bay is a plus!

anyone have any other simple strategies they've been implementing? It'd be great to hear about them!

I wanted to start this thread as a space to share tips and advice on how to maintain our health during pregnancy, especially with all the cravings and changes happening!

I'll go first! I'm really trying to up my water intake and stay super hydrated, because I've heard it's good for both me and the baby. Also, keeping those cramps at bay is a plus!

anyone have any other simple strategies they've been implementing? It'd be great to hear about them!
I'm downing cups of fresh coconut water daily - it's naturally sweet, refreshing, and packed with electrolytes which helps keep everything in balance. The health benefits are endless and it helps satisfy my sugar cravings too!

I'm downing cups of fresh coconut water daily - it's naturally sweet, refreshing, and packed with electrolytes which helps keep everything in balance. The health benefits are endless and it helps satisfy my sugar cravings too!
Fresh coconut water sounds amazing - I've been trying to cut down on sugar, so that's a great, natural way to fulfill those cravings! I also love how it's a refreshing treat, especially with the hot weather these days!

Reactions: greenfingers
Natural sugars are definitely a better option and great for fulfilling those pregnancy cravings! It's also full of electrolytes which is so important to keep up with during pregnancy and the perfect hydration bonus in the hot weather - win win!

Reactions: techsavvy
Natural sugars are a much better option and healthier than processed alternatives, definitely a great way to go. And a good way to satisfy those cravings without overdoing it on unnecessary additives - electrolytes are super important too, an excellent point!

Natural sugars are a healthier option because they're void of all the artificial additives and extra chemicals our bodies don't need. Plus, the body processes them differently and at a slower rate than it does processed sugars - this helps with those cravings but also keeps you energized! And yes, keeping on top of electrolytes is so important too - especially for expecting mothers!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
Natural sugars are definitely a better option for curbing cravings and keeping energy levels stable. It's also great to hear you emphasise the importance of electrolytes, which is often overlooked - they help with so many essential bodily functions and keeping them balanced can really help with overall health and wellbeing, especially during pregnancy!

Electrolytes are often overlooked, but as you say, they're so important for keeping us energised and functioning well. It's amazing how something we can't see can have such a huge impact on our bodies! Keeping those levels balanced must be a priority, especially for expecting mothers - a tricky but necessary task!

The body is incredible at communicating its needs through cravings, and sugar cravings are certainly common during pregnancy. Reach for the natural sugars; they're healthier, delicious, and satisfying :)

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower and koala
It's fascinating how our bodies function and communicate their needs so distinctly!

Electrolytes are critical and often overlooked, so the reminder is fantastic. Natural sugars are a great call-out too; it's a healthy and delicious way to help keep those cravings at bay. The body is truly remarkable at healing and communicating its requirements - a complex system but one that's fascinating to decipher.

Keeping those levels balanced is a challenge, but oh so worth it for that precious cargo!

It really is amazing how our bodies work - it's so intricate, yet often provides distinct signals when certain needs arise.

You've highlighted a great point about the importance of electrolytes and keeping them balanced, which is key to maintaining overall health during such an important time. Natural sugars are a wonderful way to satisfy cravings too; what a great insight! It's an exciting and challenging journey, but one that nature has equipped us well for.

Nature certainly equips us amazingly despite the challenges that come with pregnancy. Staying hydrated and maintaining those electrolyte levels is such a key consideration, and a good reminder to ensure our bodies are looked after from the inside out. The body's natural signals are so intriguing - cravings can guide us towards what our body needs, which is fascinating!

It's a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with nature and our innate instincts too.

The human body is incredibly intuitive and has an amazing capacity to guide us towards what it needs. Staying hydrated is a great way to ensure we're keeping our bodies healthy and listening to those instincts. It's fascinating how our bodies can guide our cravings to fulfil their needs, it's nature's wonderful way of looking after us!

What other ways do you find helpful to keep yourself healthy during pregnancy?

I couldn't agree more - our bodies are wonderfully intuitive!

For me, keeping a consistent sleep schedule has been a godsend. Getting enough rest and creating a routine helped ease some of the exhaustion that came with pregnancy.

I also focused on nutritional variety - ensuring I got plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and healthy fats in my diet. It not only kept me full and satisfied but also ensured that my body got a wide range of nutrients.

And of course, staying active played a huge part. I walked daily, which helped with circulation and kept my energy levels up. Some mild stretching and yoga also helped with discomfort and kept my mood elevated.

Listening to our bodies is so crucial, as it'll guide us towards what's best for our health!

Consistent rest and a set routine definitely help with the exhaustion - a good night's sleep becomes such a priority during pregnancy!

You've also reminded me of the importance of nutritional variety, which is so key to a balanced diet. It's great how intuitive it all becomes - knowing what your body needs and giving it the right fuel.

Staying active is such a big part of the equation too; I found short walks helped me immensely, especially with the added energy boost!

Our bodies are amazing and we're so in tune with them - it's a wonderful thing :)

So true! The body is an incredible thing - it just knows what it needs and thankfully, most of the time, pregnant women get those intuitions on point!

Nutrition and rest are a huge part of keeping healthy and maintaining energy levels - which is so important when growing a human! Short walks and light exercise (if possible) are definitely a great idea to keep the blood flowing and give an energy boost too.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
Intuition plays a massive role in understanding what your body needs, and it's incredible how women's bodies can just adapt and know exactly what's required during pregnancy!

Keeping active with walks and light exercise is an excellent way to maintain some energy levels, especially when you're exhausted - which can be a real challenge! It's a fantastic all-round boost. Nutritious foods and adequate rest are such an important combination too - the body's cravings are fascinating, and it certainly knows best in most cases!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu