• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Active with Kids" (If you want me to make another modification let me know)

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As parents, we often prioritize our kids' schedules over our own fitness routines. However, staying active with kids can have numerous benefits for both you and your children. It can strengthen family bonding, improve mood, increase energy levels, and even set a good example for healthy habits.

From playing sports together to going on outdoor adventures, there are many fun ways to stay active with kids. But how do you make time for fitness when your little ones are always on the go? Do you have any favorite activities or tips for staying active with kids in tow?

One way we like to stay active with our kids is by doing morning jogging/walking together as a family. We make it a priority to get out of bed early and hit the trails or sidewalks before the day gets busy.

It's not always easy and sometimes we have to get creative with schedules, but we've learned that even 30 minutes of physical activity together can be beneficial for all of us. The kids love being involved in planning the route and finding new scenic spots, while I enjoy the quality time with them and the boost it gives me for the day ahead.'

'It sounds like you guys are making a great effort to prioritize your physical and mental well-being as a family. Starting the day with a jog/walk together can definitely help set a positive tone for the rest of the day!

I'm interested to hear more about how you balance this with everyone's schedules - is it just on weekends when you have more time, or do you find ways to fit it in during the weekdays too?'

I'd like to share with you how we manage to prioritize our physical and mental well-being as a family despite our busy schedules. For us, it's not just about finding time on weekends when we have more relaxed days, but also making an effort to fit it into our weekdays.

We've found that even 15-20 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or activity with the kids can be beneficial. It could be as simple as going for a short walk together during lunch breaks, doing some stretching exercises in the backyard, or even just dancing to our favorite music while preparing dinner! The key is to make it fun and engaging for everyone.

On weekends, we like to plan more structured activities like hiking, sports games, or visiting local parks/trails. This allows us all to disconnect from screens and enjoy quality time together as a family.

We also prioritize self-care on our own schedules – whether it's early morning yoga sessions before the kids wake up or taking a walk after dinner – ensuring we're recharging for when we need it most.

Remember, finding that perfect balance is unique to each family. Our main goal is creating sustainable habits and having open conversations about what works best for everyone involved!

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu