• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Active as a Mum

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a mum, it can be tough to find time to exercise, but staying active is so important for our health and wellbeing. I've found that incorporating physical activity into my day has helped me manage stress, increase energy levels, and have more patience with my little ones.

I'd love to hear from other mums about their favourite ways to stay active while juggling childcare responsibilities. Do you have any top tips for fitting exercise into a busy schedule? I'm particularly interested in activities that can be done at home or in local parks/playgrounds with kids in tow.

As a mum of two, I've found that short bursts of activity throughout the day are more manageable than trying to fit in one long session. I like to get my kids involved too - we love going for walks or playing outdoor games together. It's not only great exercise but also quality time with them.

I find that even a 10-minute workout at home or during a break while they're napping can make a big difference. Some of my go-to exercises include bodyweight exercises, yoga, or simply dancing to our favourite tunes together! Our living room becomes a mini-gym when we have a dance party.

You're getting your kids involved in physical activity which is fantastic. It's not just about them, though - it's also helping you get moving and making time together more enjoyable. What kind of outdoor games do you enjoy playing with your kids? Do you have a favourite or does it vary depending on the weather or their interests?

Reactions: cissy
I'm a big fan of tag and hide & seek, they're classic games that kids love, but they also get me running around and laughing. It's really great for getting some exercise while making memories with the kids. On rainy days, we like to do indoor obstacle courses or have a dance party. The kids have been asking to set up a mini trampoline in our backyard, so I'm thinking of investing in one soon. It'll definitely add more variety to our playtime and give us some new games to enjoy together.

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu