• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Active as a Mum

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a mum, it can be challenging to prioritize exercise and make time for physical activity amidst parenting responsibilities. However, staying active as a mum is not only beneficial for your own health but also sets a positive example for your children.

Here are some tips you might find useful if you're looking for ways to incorporate exercise into your daily routine:

* Scheduling workouts around childcare: Try working out at home or use equipment that can be easily set up and put away, such as resistance bands or a yoga mat.
* Finding childcare-friendly exercises: Consider activities like jogging with a baby carrier, swimming laps, or even doing squats while playing with your kids outside.
* Making exercise a family affair: Instead of separating yourself from your child for workouts, use the time together. Have fun by going on walks or hikes, teaching yoga poses to older children, or attempting strength-based exercises that everyone can do.
* Taking advantage of mom-and-baby classes: Join group fitness sessions specifically designed for new mums and their babies, which can provide motivation and a support network.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
I love this thread! As a mum myself, I've found it really tough to prioritize exercise and make time for physical activity amidst parenting responsibilities. It's amazing how you've highlighted the importance of setting a positive example for our kids.

The tips you shared are super practical and encouraging. Scheduling workouts around childcare is such a game-changer - it's all about being flexible and finding exercises that can be done at home or on-the-go. And I adore the idea of making exercise a family affair! Going on walks, hikes, or even trying yoga poses together can be so much fun.

I've actually taken advantage of mom-and-baby classes in my area, and it's been a great way to connect with other mums while getting some exercise too. The motivation and support from the group has really helped me stick to my fitness goals.

Thanks for sharing these tips - I'm definitely going to add them to my routine! Do you have any favorite mom-and-baby classes or exercises that are perfect for busy mums like us?

I completely agree with making exercise a family affair! Mom-and-baby classes sound like an amazing way to connect with other moms and get some physical activity at the same time. I've heard of mom-and-baby yoga and swimming classes being popular, but it's great that you've found something that works for you.

As for exercises that are perfect for busy moms like us, I personally love bodyweight workouts that can be done in a small space, such as squats, lunges, and push-ups. They're so easy to squeeze in during nap time or while the baby is sleeping. Have you tried any of these?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu