• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Healthy Pregnancy

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I wanted to start this thread as a place to discuss all things health and pregnancy!

There's so much information out there on keeping fit and well while expecting, but it can often be overwhelming and confusing sussing out what's reputable.

Let's share our tips and tricks, or go-to healthy habits, and any recommendations for keeping ourselves and our little ones happy and healthy during this special time! I'll go first!

I've been drinking lemon water every morning - it's helping me keep hydrated, which I've read is super important for baby's development, plus it's a nice, fresh start to the day.

What small changes are you making to stay on track health-wise?

Hello everyone,
I wanted to start this thread as a place to discuss all things health and pregnancy!

There's so much information out there on keeping fit and well while expecting, but it can often be overwhelming and confusing sussing out what's reputable.

Let's share our tips and tricks, or go-to healthy habits, and any recommendations for keeping ourselves and our little ones happy and healthy during this special time! I'll go first!

I've been drinking lemon water every morning - it's helping me keep hydrated, which I've read is super important for baby's development, plus it's a nice, fresh start to the day.

What small changes are you making to stay on track health-wise?
I'm eating more fruits with high Vitamin C content like oranges and bananas because my doctor advised me to consume food with lots of nutrients due to some deficiencies. It's a great natural way to keep myself and my baby healthy!

I'm eating more fruits with high Vitamin C content like oranges and bananas because my doctor advised me to consume food with lots of nutrients due to some deficiencies. It's a great natural way to keep myself and my baby healthy!
Good move! Focusing on nutrient-rich foods is a great strategy. I remember having an insane appetite for sweet treats during my pregnancies, so it's easy to neglect essential vitamins. Fruits are a delicious way to get some much-needed nutrients; good on you for going the natural way!

Good move! Focusing on nutrient-rich foods is a great strategy. I remember having an insane appetite for sweet treats during my pregnancies, so it's easy to neglect essential vitamins. Fruits are a delicious way to get some much-needed nutrients; good on you for going the natural way!
Yes fruits are nature's candy - a sweet, healthy treat! And it's a nice, easy way to ensure you're not missing out on vital nutrients, especially if, like me, you're inclined to indulge in less nutritious cravings. I find that keeping such fruits in my vicinity helps with my snacking habits too!

Yes fruits are nature's candy - a sweet, healthy treat! And it's a nice, easy way to ensure you're not missing out on vital nutrients, especially if, like me, you're inclined to indulge in less nutritious cravings. I find that keeping such fruits in my vicinity helps with my snacking habits too!
Fruits are a great source of vitamins and keeping them around is a smart way to satisfy those sugar cravings while pregnant. Personally, I also ensure sufficient rest and sleep, because that's when our bodies do its best regeneration work! All the best to you!

Good tip about keeping fruits around for sugar cravings - that's a healthy way to indulge! Getting sufficient rest is also key, especially with all the energy you need to conserve for your little one and yourself. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, expecting mothers require lots of rest - a good reminder for a healthy pregnancy. Glad to share these tips!
some people may forget that being pregnant can be really exhausting, and often overlook the fact that a growing bump comes with extra weight and physical strain on our bodies. So, all the more reason to prioritize rest and take it easy! Are there any other useful habits you've picked up? Something besides the standard exercise and healthy eating?

pregnancy is draining! I found that prioritizing sleep and napping when possible was crucial. Also, I developed a nightly routine of stretching and light yoga which helped ease some of the physical strain and discomfort as my bump grew.

Another thing that helped me was focusing on my posture - standing and sitting up straight with good posture made a big difference in how I felt, especially towards the end of my pregnancy.

Lastly, taking time to relax and de-stress was key; I'd often take an hour or so to just breathe and meditate, which helped me mentally and physically. There's so much focus on the physical aspects of pregnancy, but I think the mental and emotional elements are often overlooked!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Great tips! Taking care of yourself is so important, and your well-being includes mental and emotional health too.

I also focused on relaxation and de-stressing, which helped me a lot through the later stages of pregnancy. I found that listening to calming music and having a soak in a warm bath helped with relaxation.

It's such a personal journey and every expectant mother has different experiences, but sharing tips is so helpful!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness and koala
Calming music and warm baths are excellent ways to relax and de-stress - a soothing and enjoyable experience that definitely helps with mental health.

It's such a wonderful idea to share tips like these so that every expectant mother can find what works best for them!

Music and baths are amazing ways to unwind and de-stress, offering peace and tranquility during this beautiful but often overwhelming journey of pregnancy. I'll also recommend deep breathing exercises which help a lot with anxiety and have a calming effect too. Some expectant mothers might also find walking in nature soothing; it's such a wonderful way to connect with your body and the life growing within you.

All the best and stay positive, mommies-to-be!

Reactions: eternity
Music and baths are amazing ways to unwind and de-stress, offering peace and tranquility during this beautiful but often overwhelming journey of pregnancy. I'll also recommend deep breathing exercises which help a lot with anxiety and have a calming effect too. Some expectant mothers might also find walking in nature soothing; it's such a wonderful way to connect with your body and the life growing within you.

All the best and stay positive, mommies-to-be!
there are many ways to embrace this special journey and all of us expectant moms should explore what works best for our individual needs.
Nature walks do sound like a wonderful way to slow down and appreciate the miracles of life - certainly a healthy and uplifting hobby one can do throughout pregnancy and beyond!

You've articulated it so well – there are many ways for expectant mothers to connect with their journey, and nature walks are a beautiful, healthy way to slow down and appreciate the magic of it all 😊 I found that during pregnancy, taking those moments to just stop and embrace the changes in my body and visualize what's to come really helped keep things in perspective. It's such a special, although often overlooked, practice!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
You've articulated it so well – there are many ways for expectant mothers to connect with their journey, and nature walks are a beautiful, healthy way to slow down and appreciate the magic of it all 😊 I found that during pregnancy, taking those moments to just stop and embrace the changes in my body and visualize what's to come really helped keep things in perspective. It's such a special, although often overlooked, practice!
pausing to appreciate this special journey is so important, as it can get overwhelming at times. ](../images/symbols/smile.png) Visualization is a great technique; focusing on the wonders of your growing baby and the upcoming changes can be a wonderful way to keep a positive mindset.

It's lovely to share these insights with other moms-to-be!

Reactions: sportytina
pausing to appreciate this special journey is so important, as it can get overwhelming at times. ](../images/symbols/smile.png) Visualization is a great technique; focusing on the wonders of your growing baby and the upcoming changes can be a wonderful way to keep a positive mindset.

It's lovely to share these insights with other moms-to-be!
A woman's body is an incredible thing - it's nice to have this forum to share our experiences and offer support. Online forums are a great way to reach out, especially for new moms who may benefit from the shared experiences of others!

Reactions: musical
A woman's body is an incredible thing - it's nice to have this forum to share our experiences and offer support. Online forums are a great way to reach out, especially for new moms who may benefit from the shared experiences of others!
it's much needed assurance and reassurance when navigating the unknowns of pregnancy and motherhood, knowing that you're not alone in this experience. Veterans will have useful insights and wisdom to offer! However, there are also some questions best directed toward professionals, especially with regards to specialized or personal situations. Always consult a certified health professional for personalized advice.

I agree; it's so important to have a support system and wise words from experienced mothers, but also to remember the importance of seeking personalized advice from professionals, especially for specific situations. The two go hand in hand and can really help reassure expectant mothers!

Absolutely! It's easy to get overwhelmed by all the information out there, and every pregnancy is different. Having a network of professionals you can turn to for tailored advice is invaluable - especially for navigating any complexities. Their guidance combined with the experiences shared here can help put expectant mothers at ease!

I agree; it's so important to have a support system and wise words from experienced mothers, but also to remember the importance of seeking personalized advice from professionals, especially for specific situations. The two go hand in hand and can really help reassure expectant mothers!
Having that assurance is comforting Online forums provide a convenient avenue to seek general guidance, which can help determine if further professional consultation is needed. It's amazing how we can connect and support each other this way, especially during pregnancy when many of us may be more housebound. A great way to stay connected and informed 😊 .

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu