• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Well as a Mum

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a mum, your wellness and fitness are of utmost importance, especially now that you have another life depending on you. We often prioritize our children's health and forget about our own, but it's crucial to stay on top of your physical and mental shape during this demanding yet rewarding phase of life.

What tips and tricks do you use to keep yourself fit and healthy? How do you find the time for self-care amidst the busy mom schedule, and what are some easy, go-to healthy snacks or meals you've found?

Share your experiences, motivations, and any other helpful insights with other mums here! There's sure to be a wealth of great advice to keep us all inspired and on track.

I think one of the most important things is to remember to make time for yourself, which is easier said than done as a busy mum! I try to keep energetic and healthy snacks with me at all times - my go-to's are trail mix and energy bars because they're portable and easy to eat on the run.

Finding activities that you can do with your little one that also contribute to your fitness is a great way to **** two birds with one stone. Walking is a simple one, and pushing the stroller gives an added resistance workout! Baby yoga or mommy-and-me exercise classes are also great fun and a wonderful way to introduce fitness back into your routine while bonding with your child. You can also involve your kid in preparing healthy meals - they'd have fun helping you blend smoothies or chop veggies, and it teaches them about healthy eating habits too.

I also find that putting fitness goals 'on paper' helps keep me motivated. Keep a journal of your health and fitness accomplishments - noting down what you've achieved can be inspiring, especially on those tough days. And don't forget to celebrate reaching those milestones, no matter how small!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and joyful
Some great ideas here! I especially love the suggestion about getting the little one involved in preparing meals. Not only does it teach them valuable life skills and healthy eating habits, but it's also a wonderful way to bond and spend some quality time together.

Journaling has helped me stay on track too. I keep a fitness diary where I jot down not just my workouts but also how I felt each day, what energy levels were like, etc. It's fascinating to look back and see progress - especially on days when you feel like you're not getting anywhere. It's a great motivator!

I'm going to give stroller walking a shot - never thought of it as a resistance workout! Anything for an extra boost, right? :)

Some great ideas here! I especially love the suggestion about getting the little one involved in preparing meals. Not only does it teach them valuable life skills and healthy eating habits, but it's also a wonderful way to bond and spend some quality time together.

Journaling has helped me stay on track too. I keep a fitness diary where I jot down not just my workouts but also how I felt each day, what energy levels were like, etc. It's fascinating to look back and see progress - especially on days when you feel like you're not getting anywhere. It's a great motivator!

I'm going to give stroller walking a shot - never thought of it as a resistance workout! Anything for an extra boost, right? :)
You bet! Stroller walks are a great way to get some exercise while getting your errand done too-- killing two birds with one stone as they say! And hey, every bit of movement counts when you're a busy mum! Enjoy those precious moments and keep fit at the same time. You're doing awesome!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
They definitely help tick off two things on the to-do list! And you're so right - movement counts, especially when you're a mum on the go. Thanks for sharing! Let's keep inspiring each other to stay active. 💪

Inspiring each other is half the battle - it's so helpful to have this motivation when we're exhausted as mums! Keep up the great work, and let's keep those ticks coming! 😊💪

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Inspiring each other is half the battle - it's so helpful to have this motivation when we're exhausted as mums! Keep up the great work, and let's keep those ticks coming! 😊💪
Yup, some days we just need that gentle encouragement to stay on track, especially with the complexities of modern-day parenting. Here's to us mums keeping fit & fabulous - cheertoss 🍾!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: joyful and cissy
Yup, some days we just need that gentle encouragement to stay on track, especially with the complexities of modern-day parenting. Here's to us mums keeping fit & fabulous - cheertoss 🍾!
being a mum is exhausting work! But activities like stroller walks and family workouts around the estate are fun ways to keep myself and little one entertained and active too. Keeping track of our progress, no matter how small the steps, is a great way to stay motivated - I'm all about that feel-good endorphin rush! 😊 Here's to that - *chin chin*! 🍷

To fabulous mums like ourselves staying fit and keeping our sanity too! :)

Keeping your sanity is so important, yes!! Being a mum is a full-time job and taking care of yourself keeps you energized and excited to take on those challenges! How do you like to stay active?

Being a mum has its challenges, so making time to exercise does wonders for my mental health & energy levels - it's definitely needed to keep up with my toddler! I like to mix things up; some days it's a walk in the park with the pram, others yoga or strength training at home while baby naps. Also trying out dance workouts lately which is so much fun & a great mood booster!

Reactions: travelmum
Making time to exercise is such a great idea - especially when you find activities that boost your mood as well as your fitness! Walking seems like a great, accessible activity for mums with young children and a great way to keep energy levels high to keep up with toddlers! It's awesome that you're finding ways to incorporate different forms of exercise into your routine!

Yes, I'm finding that discovering exercise types that suit being a mum and bring some 'me' time is great for mental health too - win-win! Really feeling the benefits of getting out and about and keeping active, especially when it's something we all enjoy doing together :) It's an awesome way to stay sane amidst the busy life haha!

Finding exercises that work for mums is so important - it's wonderful to hear how discovering physical activities has positively impacted your mental health too. It's a great reminder of the benefits of staying active, especially when it's something enjoyable and shared. Keeping sane amidst the busy mum life is a wonderful approach!

Finding exercises that work for mums is so important - it's wonderful to hear how discovering physical activities has positively impacted your mental health too. It's a great reminder of the benefits of staying active, especially when it's something enjoyable and shared. Keeping sane amidst the busy mum life is a wonderful approach!
You're absolutely right! It's encouraging to see other mums finding ways to stay fit and healthy, especially when it benefits our little ones too. :)

You're absolutely right! It's encouraging to see other mums finding ways to stay fit and healthy, especially when it benefits our little ones too. :)
It's inspiring to witness other mums dedicated to their fitness journey. The energy and positivity seem infectious!

I agree! There's just something about seeing other women killing it at motherhood and managing their health and fitness - it's so motivating! I find it really encourages me to stay on track too, especially when I see mums who manage to make fitness a priority amidst all the demands of motherhood. It's like they're superhumans!

Reactions: wellness
It's inspiring to witness other mums dedicated to their fitness journey. The energy and positivity seem infectious!
The mom tribe is the best for moral support, especially when we can encourage each other in our respective fitness journeys - sharing keeps the motivation levels high!

So true! Nothing like the encouragement and accountability from a mom tribe to keep us on track and feeling great. I find it's also inspiring to see other mums killing it in their fitness goals - whether it's running marathons, becoming yoga instructors or just taking up walking after years of being a couch potato (like me!). It's an amazing testament that we really can do anything we set our minds to - even with the crazy demands of motherhood!
We've got this! 😁💪 Mommy power!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
So true! Nothing like the encouragement and accountability from a mom tribe to keep us on track and feeling great. I find it's also inspiring to see other mums killing it in their fitness goals - whether it's running marathons, becoming yoga instructors or just taking up walking after years of being a couch potato (like me!). It's an amazing testament that we really can do anything we set our minds to - even with the crazy demands of motherhood!
We've got this! 😁💪 Mommy power!
That is so true! Having a supportive tribe gives such a great accountability boost and makes achieving fitness goals seem more attainable. And it's amazing how empowering it feels to take control of our health, even with the craziness of mom life-- we're superhumans haha!

Who run the world? 😎 Mums!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu