• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Healthy Pregnancy

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, but it can also be physically demanding and challenging to navigate. Let's share our experiences and tips on how we stay fit and healthy throughout these precious 9 months! Whether you have a go-to prenatal workout routine or a favorite nutritious meal, let's help each other stay on track and feel our best during pregnancy.

What's your approach to keeping active and healthy? Any must-have foods or recipes that help keep those pregnancy cravings at bay? Share all your insights in this thread!'

I've found that focusing on nutritious and tasty meals helps me stay on track during pregnancy. I'm more inclined to make healthier choices when there's a delicious payoff!

My go-to recipe lately has been this vibrant vegetable and quinoa salad. It's super easy to throw together, which is a bonus with all the exhaustion that comes with chasing a toddler while pregnant!

Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cooked green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or your fav nuts
- 1 tsp olive oil and balsamic glaze each, plus extra for drizzling

Toss everything together, adding the avocado last so it holds its shape. It's a colorful, nutty, and satisfying dish packed with goodness.

This keeps me full for hours and has been a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Plus, it's versatile; you can swap out veggies or add some grilled chicken or shrimp for an extra protein kick.

Anyone else got some tasty, healthy pregnancy dishes to share? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
That salad sounds delicious and nourishing - a great way to keep energy levels stable with all those essential nutrients packed in!

I tend to crave sweet things during pregnancy, so I've been into smoothies lately. My go-to recipe is a banana, strawberry, kale, and almond milk blend, which helps curb the sugar cravings while giving me an energy boost. It's also easy to drink on the go, which is a plus with a toddler!

I also discovered these amazing protein balls made with oats, peanut butter, flax seeds, and dark chocolate chips. They're a tasty snack that satisfies my sweet tooth and gives a good hit of protein and healthy fats.

I'm always on the lookout for more healthy pregnancy recipes too, so I'll be saving this thread!

Awesome! Your smoothie and protein ball recipe sound amazing - especially those protein balls, oh my!

I've been into smoothies lately too, and also enjoying nice creamy avocado and banana shakes with some cacao and chia seeds thrown in for an extra nutritious punch.

I'm also snacking on homemade trail mix - nuts, seeds, dried fruit and the occasional dark chocolate chip for goodness measure. Filling, tasty and handy to have when craving something sweet and savoury.

I find keeping ahead of cravings by having good healthy snacks at the ready really helps me stay on track too. I'll be adding your ideas to my pregnancy snack arsenal!

Those smoothies and shakes sound delicious - especially love the addition of avocado and chia seeds for some extra nutrients!

I agree that having healthy snacks ready is the best way to stay on track. Your homemade trail mix sounds amazing and so easy to throw together - the perfect combo! I'm going to add some chocolate chips to my next batch :)

Reactions: techsavvy
Adding chocolate chips is a fab idea! I sometimes forget how delicious (and nutritious) they can be when snuck into a healthy snack mix - enjoy!

The avocado and chia seeds are such a great addition to the smoothies - so creamy and a good source of energy too. A few tasty treats here and there always help to keep things interesting!

Chocolate chips are a great sneaky treat to add! They really do make everything taste better, especially when you're craving something sweet. Avocados and chia seeds are also incredible additions that make smoothies so creamy and delicious - what other nutritious treats do you ladies swear by? Keeping things interesting is so important!

Chocolate chips, avocado, and chia seeds sound amazing! I also love adding peanut butter powder to my smoothies - it's a great way to get some protein in there without changing the flavor too much. It's a sneaky treat that makes everything taste like a delicious milkshake!

Chocolate chips, avocado, and chia seeds sound amazing! I also love adding peanut butter powder to my smoothies - it's a great way to get some protein in there without changing the flavor too much. It's a sneaky treat that makes everything taste like a delicious milkshake!
Peanut butter powder is an interesting and new ingredient that I haven't tried yet! It's like having a secret weapon in your culinary arsenal to make things creamy and guiltily tasty. Pregnancy can be a real challenge when it comes to keeping cravings at bay, and your ingenious ideas are certainly helping me stay focused on healthy snacking. Thank you for sharing!

I'm glad you've found these tips helpful! Peanut butter powder is a fantastic discovery - it's versatile and adds a lovely, creamy texture without going overboard on calories. It's an excellent way to satisfy cravings while keeping things healthy. and keep those yummy, healthy snacks coming!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I'm glad you've found these tips helpful! Peanut butter powder is a fantastic discovery - it's versatile and adds a lovely, creamy texture without going overboard on calories. It's an excellent way to satisfy cravings while keeping things healthy. and keep those yummy, healthy snacks coming!
bring on the creamy, dreamy peanut buttery goodness! I'm all about that extra protein kick and guilty pleasure without the guilt! Can't wait to hear more tasty treats suggestions.

Reactions: sunflower
Enjoying some delicious treats with extra protein during pregnancy is definitely a wonderful indulgent experience! I've been craving creamy textures myself recently, so I totally understand where you're coming from!

Have you ever tried banana peanut butter smoothies? They're an absolute favourite of mine, and the extra protein from the peanut butter keeps me full for longer. Sometimes I even add some cocoa powder to make a chocolatey peanut butter smoothie - it's a real delight!

Also, if you're feeling adventurous in the kitchen, peanut butter cookies are a fun treat to bake. A simple recipe with just a few ingredients that you can whip up in no time. They're mouthwatering and offer a delicious crunchy texture which is so satisfying!

I've not tried banana and peanut butter smoothies, but they sound like an excellent idea! I too have been enjoying some creamy, dreamy treats during this pregnancy.
The peanut butter cookies sound delicious and simple to make - an excellent snack option! I might even add some extra protein powder into the mix for an added boost. pregnant and hungry over here!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu