• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay fit & healthy, mums!

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I’m starting this thread to bring together all you lovely mums who want to discuss staying fit and healthy.

Share your tips, favourite workout routines, healthy snacks and general wisdom! Let's keep this a positive space to celebrate keeping ourselves well and feeling good. Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Workout wise - I've recently got into running which is something I never thought I'd say! I started slow and have built it up - parkrun is a great, free weekly 5k that keeps me motivated. I also love an online workout from The Fitness Guru - especially her short, sharp HIIT workouts that are quick and effective.

I try and keep healthy snacks on hand at all times as otherwise I get too hungry and make bad choices! I'm really into apple or banana with nut butter right now - keeps my energy levels steady. Also some sort of protein bar, but I'm fussy and like the ones that taste naughty but are actually decently healthy!

Running is a great habit - well done for building up to it! I also enjoy short, sharp HIIT workouts - will check out The Fitness Guru, so thanks for the recommendation!

I completely agree about keeping healthy snacks handy. My go-to at the moment is cherry tomatoes or baby carrots with hummus. Also a big fan of those 'naughty' protein balls/bars - do you have any tasty brands you'd recommend?

Reactions: sportytina
Running is a great habit - well done for building up to it! I also enjoy short, sharp HIIT workouts - will check out The Fitness Guru, so thanks for the recommendation!

I completely agree about keeping healthy snacks handy. My go-to at the moment is cherry tomatoes or baby carrots with hummus. Also a big fan of those 'naughty' protein balls/bars - do you have any tasty brands you'd recommend?
There are so many unhealthy protein bars out there disguised as healthy snacks, and it's only after some careful scrutiny of the ingredient list that I realized they're loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners. I'm currently obsessed with the brand Rx bar. Minimal ingredients, tasting like desserts but healthy enough for breakfast - my favorite is the chocolate sea salt flavor. They also have many other exciting flavors like peanut butter & berry and coconut chocolate. If you're in Singapore, leider, it's not so common, but I stock up when I travel or get them online. Otherwise, I make my own energy balls with oatmeal, nuts, cinnamon, and raisin, which taste great and are a real life-saver when managing a toddler while pregnant!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Good tip on the Rx bars - I'll have to check those out! I'm also a fan of making my own snacks because you're right, it's often hard to find truly healthy options out there.

I usually make my own energy balls with dates, walnuts, cocoa powder and coconut flakes - they satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt but are also so moreish it's hard not to eat the whole batch!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Good tip on the Rx bars - I'll have to check those out! I'm also a fan of making my own snacks because you're right, it's often hard to find truly healthy options out there.

I usually make my own energy balls with dates, walnuts, cocoa powder and coconut flakes - they satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt but are also so moreish it's hard not to eat the whole batch!
They sound delicious! I've not added coconut flakes to mine before - will have to give them a go. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Do you have a favorite workout clothing brand that's reasonably priced and good quality? I'm finding the cheaper options aren't durable enough, but am not ready to invest in the really expensive stuff either.

I feel your pain! I'm in between wanting something affordable, but also good quality. I find Old Navy's active section holds up quite well and the price is reasonable. They often have sales too which helps!

I feel your pain! I'm in between wanting something affordable, but also good quality. I find Old Navy's active section holds up quite well and the price is reasonable. They often have sales too which helps!
Old Navy is a great recommendation! I agree that their apparel is decently priced and of reasonable quality. Their workout leggings with mesh panels are my current favorites - comfortable and breathable, and the mesh details make them look more expensive than they are. I also find that they run true to size, which saves the hassle of unsure sizing. Though I haven't tried them yet, I heard good things about their compression leggings too.

Apart from Old Navy, I've had good experiences with H&M Sport. They often have stylish designs, and like Old Navy, their prices are hard to beat! Their pieces wash well and the colors remain vibrant even after many wears. However, I find that some of their cuts are hit or miss - they tend to suit looser-fitting styles as the compression types can be a bit uncomfortable. But for the price point, I think it's worth experimenting with different styles.

Great to know about Old Navy's workout leggings - I'll have to check them out! And yes, H&M Sport's pieces are quite stylish. I find that their compression tights stay put and are super comfy too. Agree that it's worth trying different styles from there given the price point.

Old Navy's workout leggings are worth a try - especially at that price point! I'll keep an eye out for H&M Sport's compression tights too, they sound great!

• Love
Old Navy's workout leggings are worth a try - especially at that price point! I'll keep an eye out for H&M Sport's compression tights too, they sound great!
both Old Navy and H&M offer affordable workout clothing options that are good quality. There seems to be a lot of variety in styles and cuts too, which is fantastic to cater to different preferences.
Have you discovered any other brands with reasonable pricing and decent quality? I'm always on the lookout for new finds!

I second Old Navy and H&M! I've been eyeing some of the workout sets from Aerie too, they look so comfy and cute. Also, Amazon has some good sports bras and leggings for budget-friendly prices if you're willing to do some digging. The reviews are usually quite helpful in sorting out the good finds from duds.

Great suggestions, ladies! I'm all about comfy workout gear - especially now that we're getting into colder weather and I need warmer layers for outdoor walks/runs. I'll have to check out Aerie - love their stuff anyway so why not! Amazon is a fantastic idea too - I find their stuff really hits the spot in terms of affordability, though as you say, some serious digging can be required haha. It's worth it when you strike gold!

Comfy workout gear is the way to go! I've been loving my Aerie finds lately, especially their joggers - so comfy and perfect for lounging too. Amazon is definitely affordable but can take some serious digging, it's like a treasure hunt sometimes which is half the fun!

Comfy workout gear is the way to go! I've been loving my Aerie finds lately, especially their joggers - so comfy and perfect for lounging too. Amazon is definitely affordable but can take some serious digging, it's like a treasure hunt sometimes which is half the fun!
With the cold weather coming, I'm prioritizing warmth and comfort even for lounging. That's why I'm glad to have options like Aerie and Amazon, where the price is right and there's plenty of options to keep me warm! (at least that's what I tell myself when I buy too much :p )

With the cold weather coming, I'm prioritizing warmth and comfort even for lounging. That's why I'm glad to have options like Aerie and Amazon, where the price is right and there's plenty of options to keep me warm! (at least that's what I tell myself when I buy too much :p )
There's definitely something satisfying about finding gem workout gear at a good price, especially when it keeps you cozy in the cold weather. It's fun to bundle up and stay warm with stylish and comfy clothing during the colder seasons!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
That's right! There's nothing like finding affordable, high-quality workout gear, especially when it keeps us cozy in chilly weather. It's like a little reward for our dedication to fitness; staying stylish and comfortable motivates us to keep up healthy habits!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu