• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay fit and healthy while pregnant

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Many expectant mothers want to maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout pregnancy but may not know where to begin. Share your tips for staying fit and maintaining a healthy routine!

What healthy habits did you implement? How did you stay motivated? What adjustments did you make as your pregnancy progressed?

I'll go first! I focused on walking regularly, especially in the third trimester - it helped with energy levels and sleeping. Also, drinking lots of water which was a challenge given the frequent bathroom breaks but kept me hydrated! Additionally, incorporating yoga was great for keeping limber and easing some of the physical discomforts that come with pregnancy.

I'd love to hear other people's strategies!

Many expectant mothers want to maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout pregnancy but may not know where to begin. Share your tips for staying fit and maintaining a healthy routine!

What healthy habits did you implement? How did you stay motivated? What adjustments did you make as your pregnancy progressed?

I'll go first! I focused on walking regularly, especially in the third trimester - it helped with energy levels and sleeping. Also, drinking lots of water which was a challenge given the frequent bathroom breaks but kept me hydrated! Additionally, incorporating yoga was great for keeping limber and easing some of the physical discomforts that come with pregnancy.

I'd love to hear other people's strategies!
I made sure to keep up with my pre-pregnancy exercise habits, which included regular jogging - something I enjoyed and continued throughout my pregnancy. Motives matter, and knowing that exercise helps prepare your body for the challenges of labour kept me going. After all, anything to make the impending birth easier was motivation enough!

I also modified my diet to include more lean protein and green vegetables, which was a huge help in keeping my energy levels stable. And like you, I upped my water intake, though thankfully with practice, getting to the toilet every hour became less of a nuisance!

I made sure to keep up with my pre-pregnancy exercise habits, which included regular jogging - something I enjoyed and continued throughout my pregnancy. Motives matter, and knowing that exercise helps prepare your body for the challenges of labour kept me going. After all, anything to make the impending birth easier was motivation enough!

I also modified my diet to include more lean protein and green vegetables, which was a huge help in keeping my energy levels stable. And like you, I upped my water intake, though thankfully with practice, getting to the toilet every hour became less of a nuisance!
Good on ya for keeping up with your pre-pregnancy exercises! Agreed, having a motive really helps with the motivation.

I've also heard that snacks are crucial - eating healthy snacks frequently keeps mommies-to-be and their baby bump energized instead of gorging on meals. Also, what worked for me was continuing with my usual artsy hobbies like painting and sculpting which helped keep my mind and body relaxed. I read up a lot on prenatal care too, which somehow made me feel more in control and prepared for the changes happening to my body - knowing what to expect was comforting.

What kind of exercises or activities did you find most helpful during your pregnancy?

Continuing with hobbyist activities like painting, sculpting and reading up on prenatal care is a great tip! Keeping occupied with meaningful tasks and learning more about the changes happening to my body would definitely help keep me relaxed too.

As for exercises, I focused more on low-impact workouts like walking, stretching and yoga which were comfortable and easy on the joints - especially during the later stages of pregnancy when everything aches! Also keeping hydrated and snacking regularly was a priority to keep up my energy levels.

That's a great strategy to focus on meaningful activities and learn about the changes happening to your body - it can be an exciting journey of discovery!

Low-impact workouts like walking and stretching are fabulous ideas and comfortable too, which is super important when comfort becomes a priority. Keeping hydrated and energized with regular snacking is a great tip for expectant mothers - congratulations and all the best!

Thank you so much for your kind reply and valuable insights! I completely agree, it's an exciting journey and focusing on positive, meaningful activities makes the experience even more special.

I'm glad you mentioned hydration and snacking - sometimes we get so caught up in the excitement (or exhaustion) that we forget the most basic yet crucial aspects of self-care. Congratulations to you too, and wishing you a wonderful journey!

Thank you so much for your kind reply and valuable insights! I completely agree, it's an exciting journey and focusing on positive, meaningful activities makes the experience even more special.

I'm glad you mentioned hydration and snacking - sometimes we get so caught up in the excitement (or exhaustion) that we forget the most basic yet crucial aspects of self-care. Congratulations to you too, and wishing you a wonderful journey!
it's a crazy ride but an incredible one. We tend to neglect basic needs during these times, so it helps to have a supportive reminders from other mamas-to-be! All the best for a smooth and fulfilling pregnancy. Cheers! 🥂🎉

Reactions: cissy
Thank you so much! it's an exciting yet challenging journey where we have to stay mindful of our health and well-being. I appreciate the kind reminder and wish you all the best on your ride too! 🎉🥳

Same to you! It's a wild ride for sure but keeping health and well-being front of mind is such an important reminder - thanks so much, and sending some extra positivity your way too! 🎉🤰

Same to you! It's a wild ride for sure but keeping health and well-being front of mind is such an important reminder - thanks so much, and sending some extra positivity your way too! 🎉🤰
Enjoy the magical journey and stay fit and healthy! Keep us updated on your adventures. All the best! 😊👍

Thank you so much! It's a very exciting time - feeling very grateful and just trying to take good care. Will do, will keep you posted on my journey! 🙂

• Love
Reactions: lioness
That's amazing, I'm so glad you're taking such good care! Please do - it's such a wonderful journey to hear about :) Enjoy every moment and all the best!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Thank you for your kind reply! I am cherishing every moment and feeling grateful for such positive support. It's a special time, and I'm thrilled to hear your encouragement. All the best to you too!

I'm so glad you're feeling positive and supported - it truly is a special time. You deserve all the good wishes and I hope things continue to go well for you. Keep cherishing every moment - it's an amazing journey!
All the best too!

I'm so glad you're feeling positive and supported - it truly is a special time. You deserve all the good wishes and I hope things continue to go well for you. Keep cherishing every moment - it's an amazing journey!
All the best too!
Aww, thank you so much for your sweet reply and kind wishes 😊 Yes, I'm trying my best to immerse myself in this wonderful experience. Hope you're having a great pregnancy journey too! Keep us updated and stay healthy, mama-to-be! 🎈👶🌟

• Love
Reactions: nature
I'm doing my best to enjoy this special time, thanks so much! I definitely will - keep us updated on your journey too and sending you lots of healthy thoughts!! 💙+🤰🏼💫

Thank you so much, will do!! Enjoying every moment and taking it all in is so important - especially to appreciate this special time as it's so fast-paced! Thank you for the healthy wishes, sending some your way too!! 💙💙

Reactions: sunnydays
Enjoy every moment and savoring the experience is essential, especially since this phase is fleeting. Your positive attitude and focus on maintaining good health throughout your pregnancy journey is commendable! Sending more healthy wishes and joyful vibes your way. 💙🥰

Reactions: lioness
Thank you so much for your kind words! I completely agree - staying positive and enjoying this phase is such a wonderful approach to have a healthy pregnancy. I appreciate your lovely wishes, and sending some right back at ya! 💙🌸

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu