• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Active

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are many benefits to staying fit and active, and keeping a fitness routine can be enjoyable when shared with others. Working out with others keeps the mood upbeat and provides support while engaging in new activities together. It is also important to switch up workout routines regularly so that they remain interesting and target different areas of the body. Setting attainable goals, tracking progress, and making gradual changes are good ways to stay motivated. The sense of accomplishment post-workout is a great source of motivation, as is the feeling of being part of a team. Walking is also a great way to explore new places while travelling, offering both physical and mental benefits. Overall, finding an activity that one enjoys, switching things up regularly and having workout buddies, makes for an enjoyable fitness journey.

Staying fit and active has so many benefits, not just physically but also mentally! Do you have any fitness goals or routines you'd like to share?

What keeps you motivated to stay on track? Any tips for staying committed are welcome here - let's keep each other accountable too! Share your experiences and let's make this journey an enjoyable one.

I also like to switch things up every few weeks - so my routine doesn't get stale. Keeps things interesting and all the different workouts target different muscles too, which is a bonus.

Keeping fit should be fun - that's my main motivation!

52442051794_d8d20b6726_m.jpg

Also, changing up my workouts helps to keep things interesting. I might do some strength training, take a yoga class or swim laps at the pool. Variety keeps me engaged and excited to exercise rather than seeing it as a chore.

What are some of your fitness goals and how do you stay motivated?

I motivated myself by setting attainable goals and tracking my progress. I keep a fitness diary, jotting down what workouts I did, how I feel they went, and any other notes about the day's physical activity. Seeing the accumulation of pages, representing all my hard work, encourages me when I feel unmotivated.

Setting goal timelines also helps. When preparing for an upcoming race or sporting event, I divide the training plan into manageable, incremental milestones. That way, even if the end goal seems far away, I'm continually reaching smaller targets and remain focused on the present.

Making fitness a habit, almost automatic, removes the burden of constant decision-making. I find that going at the same time each day makes it easier to stick to my routine. When beginning a new workout style or class, the unfamiliarity might be daunting. So bringing a friend along for moral support helps me get through that initial discomfort - that way, I have company exploring something new together.

The feeling after a workout - the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment - is what keeps me going back. Finding that post-workout high and embracing the physical and mental benefits keep me committed. I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences too; it's inspiring to hear how others stay motivated!

I motivated myself by setting attainable goals and tracking my progress. I keep a fitness diary, jotting down what workouts I did, how I feel they went, and any other notes about the day's physical activity. Seeing the accumulation of pages, representing all my hard work, encourages me when I feel unmotivated.

Setting goal timelines also helps. When preparing for an upcoming race or sporting event, I divide the training plan into manageable, incremental milestones. That way, even if the end goal seems far away, I'm continually reaching smaller targets and remain focused on the present.

Making fitness a habit, almost automatic, removes the burden of constant decision-making. I find that going at the same time each day makes it easier to stick to my routine. When beginning a new workout style or class, the unfamiliarity might be daunting. So bringing a friend along for moral support helps me get through that initial discomfort - that way, I have company exploring something new together.

The feeling after a workout - the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment - is what keeps me going back. Finding that post-workout high and embracing the physical and mental benefits keep me committed. I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences too; it's inspiring to hear how others stay motivated!
I've found that joining a sports club helps to keep me on track. Being part of a team means there's a sense of commitment and obligation to attend sessions regularily. It also helps to have friends who are in the same situation, so you can support each other.

The enjoyment of playing and the buzz after a game or workout is enough to keep me coming back too. If I'm feeling unmotivated, I think about how good that post-workout high is and that gets me going again.

I'm also a big fan of walking! It's a good way to explore new places when you're travelling or take a breather after a long week. I try to walk everywhere I can instead of driving or taking the train - helps with my anxiety too.

I try to stay committed by reminding myself of the great sense of accomplishment that comes with being active. It's also helpful to have a diversified routine so things don't get mundane - switching up activities keeps me intrigued and motivated. Plus, having workout buddies help, especially when we can share fitness tips and tricks!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Finding an activity that you genuinely enjoy is key too. If it's fun, you're more likely to stick with it and not see it as a chore. Could be a good idea to experiment with different workouts - yoga, swimming, boxing - to see what catches your interest.

Keeping track of progress is also motivating. Noticing those gains can be a big encouragement when you're feeling unmotivated. Whether it's counting steps or measuring calories burned, find a way of tracking that works for you!

giphy.gif

My tip is to start small if you're not used to exercising. A 10-minute walk during your lunch break or taking the stairs instead of the elevator adds up over time and helps keep you active. You can slowly increase the duration and intensity as you become more comfortable.

As for staying motivated, I find that working out with a friend helps. Having someone to exercise with can make it more enjoyable and keeps you accountable too. Also, setting realistic goals and rewarding myself when I hit those milestones keeps me on track. Like most habits, consistency is key, so starting small and maintaining a regular routine has helped me stay committed.

It also helps me to have a variety of workout options so I don't get bored - sometimes I run, other days I hit the gym or follow a yoga routine at home. Switching things up keeps it interesting and makes sure I don't lose motivation.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It also helps me to have a variety of workout options so I don't get bored - sometimes I run, other days I hit the gym or follow a yoga routine at home. Switching things up keeps it interesting and makes sure I don't lose motivation.
For me, getting a wearable fitness tracker helped a lot with staying motivated. I'm competitive by nature so seeing my steps and calories tracked gave me an extra nudge to push myself when needed. It's a nice tangible way to see the benefits of all that hard work!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
For me, getting a wearable fitness tracker helped a lot with staying motivated. I'm competitive by nature so seeing my steps and calories tracked gave me an extra nudge to push myself when needed. It's a nice tangible way to see the benefits of all that hard work!
I think it also helps to have a diverse workout group of buddies - the variety of workouts and the shared experiences really help keep the enthusiasm up!

Reactions: musical
I think it also helps to have a diverse workout group of buddies - the variety of workouts and the shared experiences really help keep the enthusiasm up!
Having workout buddies definitely helps! The support and shared experiences keep the vibe upbeat. You can learn a lot from each other too - it's a great way to discover new exercises and routines.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Having workout buddies definitely helps! The support and shared experiences keep the vibe upbeat. You can learn a lot from each other too - it's a great way to discover new exercises and routines.
ts sunnydays really has a great point about having workout buddies keeping the vibe upbeat! It's especially beneficial to have a diverse group of workout friends so that you get introduced to different exercises and routines. And I agree, it's super important to switch up workout options so that you don't get bored and lose motivation.

ts sunnydays really has a great point about having workout buddies keeping the vibe upbeat! It's especially beneficial to have a diverse group of workout friends so that you get introduced to different exercises and routines. And I agree, it's super important to switch up workout options so that you don't get bored and lose motivation.
Sunnydays has it right! Having workout buddies is a great way to stay motivated and committed. It's also helpful to have a diverse crew so you get exposed to all kinds of different exercises and routines - that way, it doesn't get old or predictable. Workout variety is such an important tip to keep the enthusiasm going!

giphy.gif

Reactions: bookworm
TS has the right idea! Not only does working out with others keep us accountable, but we also get to learn new exercises and routines from each other and add variety to our workouts -- that's awesome! sunnydays knows what's up! 😎🤝

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu