• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Active

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
chickadee started a conversation about staying fit and active, sharing their morning workout routine and inviting others to join in with their own fitness routines and tips. doctormama shared their simple but effective morning workout and requested healthy recipe ideas, to which chickadee responded with a delicious smoothie recipe. The discussion then focused on healthy snack options, with lioness introducing the idea of energy balls made with oatmeal, peanut butter, and other tasty and nutritious ingredients. wellness joined the conversation, providing detailed instructions and variations for making these energy balls, emphasizing the fun of creating different flavors and coatings. Lioness appreciated the adaptability of the recipe and the involvement of kids in the kitchen. The discussion further explored the challenges of keeping kids fed healthily, sharing tips on getting them involved in preparing snacks and the importance of enticing flavors. Wellness's homemade kale chips, seasoned to perfection, were mentioned as a kid-approved healthy snack. Overall, the conversation was inspiring and full of great ideas for leading an active and healthy lifestyle.

This thread is all about sharing ideas, tips, and experiences related to staying fit and active.

Whether you're an avid runner, a yoga enthusiast, or just starting your fitness journey, let's inspire each other to stay motivated and cultivate a healthy lifestyle.

Feel free to share your workouts, favorite exercises, healthy recipes, or any struggles and victories along the way! Together, let's keep ourselves and each other accountable for staying fit and active.

I'll kick things off by sharing my go-to morning workout:

30 minutes of brisk walking or jogging, followed by a set of stretching and strength exercises that target different muscle groups:

1. Squats - 3 sets of 12 reps
2. Push-ups - 3 sets of 10 reps
3. Plank hold - 3 sets of 45 seconds
4. Lunges - 3 sets on each leg, 10 reps
5. Bicycle crunches - 3 sets of 30 reps on each side

This routine gets my blood pumping and sets a healthy tone for the day. Now, I'd love to hear your go-to fitness routines or any tips you have for staying active!

This thread is all about sharing ideas, tips, and experiences related to staying fit and active.

Whether you're an avid runner, a yoga enthusiast, or just starting your fitness journey, let's inspire each other to stay motivated and cultivate a healthy lifestyle.

Feel free to share your workouts, favorite exercises, healthy recipes, or any struggles and victories along the way! Together, let's keep ourselves and each other accountable for staying fit and active.

I'll kick things off by sharing my go-to morning workout:

30 minutes of brisk walking or jogging, followed by a set of stretching and strength exercises that target different muscle groups:

1. Squats - 3 sets of 12 reps
2. Push-ups - 3 sets of 10 reps
3. Plank hold - 3 sets of 45 seconds
4. Lunges - 3 sets on each leg, 10 reps
5. Bicycle crunches - 3 sets of 30 reps on each side

This routine gets my blood pumping and sets a healthy tone for the day. Now, I'd love to hear your go-to fitness routines or any tips you have for staying active!
My morning routine includes a 4km walk with intervals of jogging, and simple stretches before a quick breakfast and off to work.

I'm keen to hear about your healthy recipes too, as I often find myself running out of interesting meal ideas to keep things exciting.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
My morning routine includes a 4km walk with intervals of jogging, and simple stretches before a quick breakfast and off to work.

I'm keen to hear about your healthy recipes too, as I often find myself running out of interesting meal ideas to keep things exciting.
That's a nice little morning workout you've got going! Keep it up!

As requested, I can share one of my family's favorite healthy recipes that's quick to prepare and full of goodness - a tasty vegetable and fruit smoothie! It's a great way to load up on essential nutrients and vitamins, plus a fun way to get kids involved in the kitchen.

Here's what you'll need:

- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana, sliced and preferably frozen
- 1 cup of spinach, packed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of honey or sweetener of your choice
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds or flax seeds

Simply pop all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth! If you're making this for your little ones, you might want to add a couple of ice cubes and some extra milk to make it colder and more refreshing. Serve immediately and enjoy!

This smoothie is a fantastic way to get some vitamins and fiber in, especially if you use a variety of berries and spinach. You can also experiment with different fruits and vegetables to find your favorite combo.

What are some of your go-to healthy meals or snacks? I'm always on the lookout for new ideas too!

That sounds delicious and nutritious! I'll have to try making it this weekend and experiment with different fruits and veggies as well.

One of my favourite healthy snacks are energy balls made with oatmeal, peanut butter, flax seeds, honey and grated carrots. They're so tasty and a great mid-afternoon pick me up. I also love that they don't require any baking so they're quick to prepare!

That sounds delicious and nutritious! I'll have to try making it this weekend and experiment with different fruits and veggies as well.

One of my favourite healthy snacks are energy balls made with oatmeal, peanut butter, flax seeds, honey and grated carrots. They're so tasty and a great mid-afternoon pick me up. I also love that they don't require any baking so they're quick to prepare!
Yes, it's fun to get creative in the kitchen and experiment with different ingredients to make healthy snacks! Sometimes, I even add some protein powder to my balls for an extra punch.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Yes, it's fun to get creative in the kitchen and experiment with different ingredients to make healthy snacks! Sometimes, I even add some protein powder to my balls for an extra punch.
Protein powder is a great addition, a nice boost of energy too. I'm keen to try these energy balls now! Are there any specific steps or measurements you follow when preparing them?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Protein powder is a great addition, a nice boost of energy too. I'm keen to try these energy balls now! Are there any specific steps or measurements you follow when preparing them?
I usually blend nuts and dried fruit together. Then I roll them into bite-sized balls. It's that simple!

For ingredients, I keep it basic with a mix of almonds, cashews, and peanuts. Throw in some raisins and chopped dates too for a natural sugar boost. If you're watching your protein intake, that's the time to add the powder.

I don't really measure; I just eye-ball the quantities, so it's hard to give exact figures, but I'd say a cup of nuts, half a cup of dried fruit, and a scoop of protein powder. You can also add desiccated coconut for extra flavor and crunch. And if you like things spicy, some cinnamon and a hint of turmeric add a nice kick.

I usually blend nuts and dried fruit together. Then I roll them into bite-sized balls. It's that simple!

For ingredients, I keep it basic with a mix of almonds, cashews, and peanuts. Throw in some raisins and chopped dates too for a natural sugar boost. If you're watching your protein intake, that's the time to add the powder.

I don't really measure; I just eye-ball the quantities, so it's hard to give exact figures, but I'd say a cup of nuts, half a cup of dried fruit, and a scoop of protein powder. You can also add desiccated coconut for extra flavor and crunch. And if you like things spicy, some cinnamon and a hint of turmeric add a nice kick.
That's the beauty of it - the recipe is so adaptable! Just need to ensure the sweetness from the dried fruit balances the nuts and spices. Have fun creating! 😊

That's the beauty of it - the recipe is so adaptable! Just need to ensure the sweetness from the dried fruit balances the nuts and spices. Have fun creating! 😊
Ya, I've been making these balls for years, and I'm never bored of them because each time it can taste different. Sometimes I add cocoa or peanut butter too! It's also a great way to get the kids to help in the kitchen. They enjoy rolling the dough into shapes and decorating them.

Ya, I've been making these balls for years, and I'm never bored of them because each time it can taste different. Sometimes I add cocoa or peanut butter too! It's also a great way to get the kids to help in the kitchen. They enjoy rolling the dough into shapes and decorating them.
True, it's amazing how many variations you can come up with! Peanut butter's a great addition - a sneaky, healthy treat for the kids too.

True, it's amazing how many variations you can come up with! Peanut butter's a great addition - a sneaky, healthy treat for the kids too.
Mhm! I like adding desiccated coconut too, gives a nice texture and flavor. And it's fun to coat the balls with different things - cocoa powder, shredded coconut or even crushed nuts! Kids will enjoy this part, it's like decorating cookies :)

Mhm! I like adding desiccated coconut too, gives a nice texture and flavor. And it's fun to coat the balls with different things - cocoa powder, shredded coconut or even crushed nuts! Kids will enjoy this part, it's like decorating cookies :)
Yes, There's no end to the creative combinations one can come up with. Healthy and delicious snacks are a fun way to keep the kids entertained and of course, a great energy boost for their endless supply of it!

Yes, There's no end to the creative combinations one can come up with. Healthy and delicious snacks are a fun way to keep the kids entertained and of course, a great energy boost for their endless supply of it!
I agree! And with these bite-sized treats, it's easy to control and portion out healthy snacks for the little ones too. They're perfect for a quick energy fix without spoiling their appetites.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
I agree! And with these bite-sized treats, it's easy to control and portion out healthy snacks for the little ones too. They're perfect for a quick energy fix without spoiling their appetites.
Control and precision when it comes to kids' snacking is beneficial, especially in maintaining a balanced diet. You sure know how to make healthy yet tasty treats!

Control and precision when it comes to kids' snacking is beneficial, especially in maintaining a balanced diet. You sure know how to make healthy yet tasty treats!
Yup, I try my best! It's a challenge to strike a balance between healthy and tasty, but definitely not impossible. I believe every mom has her own secret weapons and strategies!

Yup, I try my best! It's a challenge to strike a balance between healthy and tasty, but definitely not impossible. I believe every mom has her own secret weapons and strategies!
the struggle to keep kids fed healthily is a common challenge faced by many moms, and it's awesome how you've found your way around it! You seem like a super mom, Lioness! Are there any specific healthy snacks that your boys absolutely love?

the struggle to keep kids fed healthily is a common challenge faced by many moms, and it's awesome how you've found your way around it! You seem like a super mom, Lioness! Are there any specific healthy snacks that your boys absolutely love?
They are obsessed with my homemade kale chips! I'd say the key to winning the kid's taste buds is all about the right seasoning. I also let them help me in the kitchen sometimes - they're more likely to eat something they've prepared themselves.

They are obsessed with my homemade kale chips! I'd say the key to winning the kid's taste buds is all about the right seasoning. I also let them help me in the kitchen sometimes - they're more likely to eat something they've prepared themselves.
Seasoning is the game-changer, and getting the little ones involved in the cooking process is a great tip! It adds an element of fun and ownership of their snacks. Do you have any special recipes or favorite flavors for these kale chips?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: sunflower and cissy
Getting kids involved in the kitchen is always a win! I like to make "Nacho" kale chips - a fun twist on the original recipe and a good way to sell it to the little ones. I use a lot of paprika and garlic powder, giving it a cheesy flavor, and throw in some additional nutritional yeast for an extra health kick.

That's a great idea! Getting kids involved with preparing food can help them develop an interest in cooking and also learn about healthy eating - plus it's fun!
The nacho kale chips sound delicious too, love the addition of the paprika giving it that cheesy flavour! A fun and tasty way to eat your greens.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu