• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Active

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
"Let's kick things off by sharing some tips and tricks to staying fit and active!

Whether it's a daily jog, at-home workout routines, or your favorite sports, let's share our passions and what keeps us motivated.

What are some of your go-to exercises or activities that keep you on track? Any favorites you can't live without? And don't forget to mention the benefits too - we want to hear the good stuff!

Let's inspire each other to stay active and share our journey towards fitness!"

This post sets a positive, motivational tone while prompting others to engage with their own experiences, which is perfect for an interactive thread focused on wellness.

Reactions: mamamia and musical
I love threads like these - especially because it reminds me that I'm not alone in my pursuit of fitness!

One thing I've been enjoying recently is morning yoga. It's a great, gentle way to start the day, and it helps me set a positive tone mentally and physically. I find that if I start off slow and focused, I carry that mindset into the rest of my day. Plus, the physical benefits are immense - increased flexibility, better posture, and a real sense of balance.

But to be honest, staying motivated can be tough! That's why I like varying my workouts. Sometimes I'll switch it up with intense hikes on the weekends or hit the boxing gym for some cardio. Changing things keeps it interesting and makes sure I don't get bored of a routine.

It's also important to remember the importance of rest and recovery - which is as crucial as the exercise itself! So, I try to take days off when needed and focus on mindful eating habits too.

What about you? What do you find keeps you motivated and on track?

I could not agree more - mixing up workout routines is a fantastic way to stay motivated! It's a great strategy to prevent boredom and keep things exciting.

I'm a big fan of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts, which really get my heart racing and are over before I know it. I also enjoy running, especially along the beach or in the park - the scenery keeps things interesting.

But as you say, starting the day with yoga is such a wonderful way to set the tone mentally - I find it helps me to feel grounded and present. Plus, it's an amazing way to stretch out stiff muscles after more intense workouts.

Variety really is the spice of life when it comes to fitness! Keeping things dynamic and ever-changing keeps me keen to work out. Some days are definitely tougher than others though, and that's when I have to remind myself of how great that post-workout endorphin rush feels!

Also, having workout buddies can help keep you motivated - sometimes knowing someone else is depending on you to show up helps get you off the couch! Plus, it makes workouts more fun.

What are your go-to exercises when you need a boost of motivation?

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
For me, it really depends on my mood and energy levels. Some days I enjoy weight training - focusing on different muscle groups each day. On other days, I like aerobic exercise, especially swimming, as it's a full-body workout which isn't too jarring on the joints.

When I'm feeling particularly sluggish, I find martial arts classes a great way to stay motivated, as they're high energy and the learning aspect keeps things interesting. Also, if I'm ever flagging during a session, the thought of sparring or having to demonstrate moves helps me pick up my pace!

I also enjoy long walks - especially in nature - which can be surprisingly invigorating. They say walking is the most accessible form of exercise, and it's a great way to explore new places. Plus, you can easily fit it into your daily routine.

It's great to hear what keeps others motivated too; it's amazing how much variety there is in what works for different people!

That's a great round-up of your go-to exercises.

I'm a big fan of walking too; it's a fantastic way to explore new areas, and I often find myself planning routes around potential pitstops at cute cafes or markets - gives me an incentive to walk further!

It's impressive that you find the energy for martial arts classes - they seem like such a fun way to keep active, and I can imagine the learning aspect is really rewarding too.

Variety certainly is key to keeping motivated; it stops exercise from becoming mundane. It's helpful to have a few different go-tos depending on your mood!

Reactions: joyful and koala
I walk a lot too, it's amazing how far you can push yourself when you set a goal of reaching that cafe or market huh? I totally agree that the learning aspect is rewarding, it gives me further encouragement and keeps things interesting.

The different dynamics and skills needed for each martial arts class also help in mixing things up. And yes, having multiple options to pick from depending on my mood has been a lifesaver in maintaining consistency!

What other forms of exercise do you enjoy? Any recommendations are welcome as I'm always looking to switch things up!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu