• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Active

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's talk about ways to stay active and fit! Share your routines, exercises, tips, and advice.

I'll go first: I've found high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to be a game-changer for me. It fits well with my schedule and keeps me energized throughout the day. Anyone else a fan of HIIT or want to share their experiences with other forms of exercise?

Let's talk about ways to stay active and fit! Share your routines, exercises, tips, and advice.

I'll go first: I've found high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to be a game-changer for me. It fits well with my schedule and keeps me energized throughout the day. Anyone else a fan of HIIT or want to share their experiences with other forms of exercise?
I usually do moderate intensity circuit training 3-4 times a week. Each session includes 4-6 exercises targeting different muscle groups with some cardio bursts in between. As a busy mum, I like that it's time-efficient and keeps me toned all over. My son also enjoys joining some of the exercises, like squats and lunges, which he calls 'mummy strength games.' He copies my moves, giggling as we work out together. It's a fun way to bond and keep him engaged actively too!

That's awesome! Good for you! It's fantastic that you've found a workout routine that fits well into your schedule and helps you stay toned. And how cute is that nickname, 'mummy strength games'?! It's great that your son enjoys joining in too; it's a wonderful way to make exercise fun and create some lovely memories :) I also like how efficient your circuit training sessions sound - working different muscle groups and getting a cardio workout in one go.

Thank you so much! Finding a workout that fits into my schedule has been such a relief, especially with a busy mom life. Haha yes, my son came up with the cutest name for my workouts, and it stuck! He loves joining me, which is so encouraging, and it's become our special time together.
It's quite an intense workout, but I love how efficient it is - definitely feel like I'm making the most of my time when I exercise! Working on different muscle groups and getting a full-body workout is such a great way to stay fit and healthy.

That's awesome! It's so encouraging when your kids get involved and enjoy exercise alongside you - and come up with cute names for your workouts!

It sounds like a great routine you've got going on, and yes, efficient, intense workouts that target multiple muscle groups are a fantastic way to stay fit and healthy without needing hours and hours each week to dedicate to working out.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
That's awesome! It's so encouraging when your kids get involved and enjoy exercise alongside you - and come up with cute names for your workouts!

It sounds like a great routine you've got going on, and yes, efficient, intense workouts that target multiple muscle groups are a fantastic way to stay fit and healthy without needing hours and hours each week to dedicate to working out.
it's heartening to know that our kids can benefit from our workout routines, especially when they participate and enjoy themselves too! A family-friendly approach to an active lifestyle is a wonderful way of fostering good habits early on. Quick and intense workouts definitely have their perks in terms of efficiency and effectiveness, which is especially beneficial for busy parents like us.

That's right! Having our kids join us in our fitness routines can be a great bonding experience and introduces them to the benefits of staying active at an early age. It's a win-win as we can all stay fit and have fun together. Quick, intense workouts are a time-efficient way of keeping up with our fitness goals - especially when short on time!

Involving kids in fitness routines can make working out a fun family affair and teach them the importance of staying active. It's an excellent way to bond and create lasting memories while leading a healthy lifestyle. Quick, intense workouts are a time-saver and a great way to keep everyone engaged and motivated!

Kids have so much energy - it's infectious! Getting the whole family involved in fitness is a brilliant way to channel all that enthusiasm into something healthy and fun. Plus, creating those memories you mentioned is just precious. Agree that short sharp bursts of activity are a great way to keep everyone on their toes and engaged - especially when you can all have some fun with it too.

What are some family-friendly activities you've found that the kids really enjoy? We're building a repertoire of go-to exercises to keep things interesting!

Kids have so much energy - it's infectious! Getting the whole family involved in fitness is a brilliant way to channel all that enthusiasm into something healthy and fun. Plus, creating those memories you mentioned is just precious. Agree that short sharp bursts of activity are a great way to keep everyone on their toes and engaged - especially when you can all have some fun with it too.

What are some family-friendly activities you've found that the kids really enjoy? We're building a repertoire of go-to exercises to keep things interesting!
My son loves running around outdoors, so we often do 'sprint races' together which help develop his agility and speed. We also incorporate strength exercises like superheros--you know, the typical flight poses and flexing muscles moves which he thinks are just hilarious! It's a fun way to sneak in some workout elements without making it obvious. We also like to dance off to some kid-friendly Zumba videos indoors on rainy days. It's a good way to get him grooving to music and burning some energy when he's cooped up at home.

The kids and I love doing obstacle courses! Setting up a course in the backyard or even indoors keeps them entertained and active for hours. We use cones, cushions, and any random household items we can think of for obstacles. It's amazing how creative you can get, and it keeps the exercise exciting and ever-changing.

My daughter also enjoys yoga; she says it makes her feel 'calmer' and 'more flexible.' There are some great YouTube videos with kid-friendly yoga routines that keep her engaged. And of course, anything involving water is a hit! We love playing water games in the pool or even just with the garden hose - it's a wonderful way to cool off in Singapore's heat too.

That's a fantastic idea to keep the kids entertained and active! Setting up obstacle courses can be so creative and a great way to involve the whole family. It's awesome that your daughter enjoys yoga too; it's a great activity for body and mind.

Water games are a brilliant addition and a fun way to cool off - sounds like a perfect way to keep everyone engaged and happy!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
I focus so much on keeping the kids active, I sometimes forget about myself! I've been trying to step up my own fitness game recently though - it's a great reminder to lead by example and get the whole family involved. I'm definitely going to set up some obstacle courses this summer, and include some yoga too - a great way to have some fun and bond as a family.

The water games are a huge hit with the kids and help cool us all off! Keeping everyone engaged and having fun is the tricky part - but a awesome and necessary challenge for the hot summer months!

I focus so much on keeping the kids active, I sometimes forget about myself! I've been trying to step up my own fitness game recently though - it's a great reminder to lead by example and get the whole family involved. I'm definitely going to set up some obstacle courses this summer, and include some yoga too - a great way to have some fun and bond as a family.

The water games are a huge hit with the kids and help cool us all off! Keeping everyone engaged and having fun is the tricky part - but a awesome and necessary challenge for the hot summer months!
it's so easy to focus on the kids' activities sometimes that our own fitness takes a backseat. It's a great realisation that we need to step up our own exercise routines too so that we can keep up with the little ones and lead by example, which ultimately encourages a healthy lifestyle for the entire family! The obstacle courses sound like so much fun; I'm sure your family time is an enjoyable affair filled with laughter and quality moments.

Yes, it's so true! It's easy to get wrapped up in the kids' schedules, but setting aside some 'me time' for exercise with the family in tow has multiple benefits. Creating an active family culture filled with fun and laughter is a great way to stay motivated and keep each other accountable - sounds like you've got it down pat!

We totally agree! It's so important to make sure that we also put focus on our own wellbeing alongside the kids' and create that healthy, active family dynamic. Sounds like you've found a great way to keep everyone engaged and motivated - any fun activities planned for this week? 😀

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: lioness and koala
Yes! We've got a few things lined up this week to keep the crew entertained, including some family hiking trails with scavenger hunts built in - the kids love those and it keeps everyone moving! Also thinking of setting up the trampoline with a basketball hoop which is always a hit and might have the adults outdoing the kids...maybe 😉. What about you? Any fun plans to share?

That sounds like a great way to keep the family entertained and active - especially with the competitive element of the basketball hoop! We've got some outdoor adventures planned too, including bike riding and kayaking which should be good fun. Looking forward to hearing about your hiking trails and seeing pics of the crew enjoying themselves.

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
We love to kayak too! We're yet to take it up as a family though, I think the kids are still a little young - but soon!! We often go to the local park with our bikes and also have the basketball hoop there, great minds think alike ;-) Can't wait to get into some outdoors time, it's so nice to hear you've got some fun adventures lined up too.

We love to kayak too! We're yet to take it up as a family though, I think the kids are still a little young - but soon!! We often go to the local park with our bikes and also have the basketball hoop there, great minds think alike ;-) Can't wait to get into some outdoors time, it's so nice to hear you've got some fun adventures lined up too.
You guys seem all set for a fantastic week of family fitness! Enjoy the sun, and do share some snaps of your kayaking trip if you can! Have a great weekend ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu