• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Active

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Stay motivated, share tips and advice on how to stay fit and active!
We all have different fitness goals and challenges, so let's help each other out.

Do you have a workout routine you love and want to share? Or maybe you're struggling to find the right diet plan for you? Share your experiences and let's keep each other accountable!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
Stay motivated, share tips and advice on how to stay fit and active!
We all have different fitness goals and challenges, so let's help each other out.

Do you have a workout routine you love and want to share? Or maybe you're struggling to find the right diet plan for you? Share your experiences and let's keep each other accountable!
I make sure to stay active by taking my daughter to the park every weekend. We play a lot of tag and run around together. It's a good way to spend quality time with her and keep myself chases around the neighborhood.

At home, I do some basic stretches and yoga poses daily - nothing intense, just enough to keep my body limber and pain-free as I'm not getting any younger! Keeping it simple and manageable ensures I don't lose motivation. I also love walking, so I try to walk wherever I can instead of driving - it's surprising how quickly the steps add up!

What about you? Do you have a favorite workout or stay motivated in some way?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and luciana
I try to incorporate activity into my daily life too, and it's great that you make it a family affair - tag sounds like so much fun! I love doing quick 30-minute workouts during my lunch break, usually 15 mins of HIIT orTabata and then some stretching.

I agree that keeping it simple is the way to go, especially when you're short on time. It's also motivating because it's a quick boost of energy and doesn't feel like a chore. Daily walks are a great habit too; I often find that if I'm feeling sluggish, a brisk walk clears my head and gives me a little extra boost.

It's inspiring to see everyone's different ways of staying active!

Making it a family affair is such a great idea - the more the merrier, and it keeps it fun too! Agreed that keeping things simple is best, especially with busy schedules. Quick workouts are an amazing way to boost energy levels throughout the day and I also love the effect of a good brisk walk - it's amazing how refreshing it can be.

Inspiring to hear about your routine and others' habits too - so many great ideas!

Making it a family affair is such a great idea - the more the merrier, and it keeps it fun too! Agreed that keeping things simple is best, especially with busy schedules. Quick workouts are an amazing way to boost energy levels throughout the day and I also love the effect of a good brisk walk - it's amazing how refreshing it can be.

Inspiring to hear about your routine and others' habits too - so many great ideas!
So true! It's encouraging to see how others incorporate fitness into their lives without making it feel like a burden. There are so many ways to stay active, and finding what works best for you is a fun journey of discovery.

That's such a great mindset! It really is an exciting journey of discovering what works best for each of us and exploring all the different ways to stay active. Some days it might be a nice walk outdoors, others it could be trying out a new workout video. Keeping things varied certainly helps too - and it's fun discovering new activities and classes to try!

So true! There's definitely excitement and satisfaction in exploring and finding what works best for our individual bodies and minds. Keeping things interesting and diverse certainly helps maintain that motivation. It almost becomes a fun adventure! What sort of new activities have you discovered lately? Any recommendations? 😀

So true! There's definitely excitement and satisfaction in exploring and finding what works best for our individual bodies and minds. Keeping things interesting and diverse certainly helps maintain that motivation. It almost becomes a fun adventure! What sort of new activities have you discovered lately? Any recommendations? 😀
I recently discovered this excellent 45-minute workout video on YouTube, focused on cardio and strength training. It's fast-paced and keeps me sweaty, plus the instructor is fun and motivates me throughout the workout.

Aside from workout videos, I've also been exploring walking trails around Singapore - it's amazing how many hidden gems there are! I recently ventured into the MacRitchie Nature Trail and spotted some wild monkeys hanging out in the trees - an unexpected excitement while working out in nature!

It's rewarding to discover these little exercise gems. It's like a bonus prize for breaking a sweat 😅🌿

Great share! I've been looking for some new workout routines, and this sounds like exactly what I need - a mix of cardio and strength training all in one go.

I usually prefer working out outdoors too, especially along nature trails. There's something calming about sweating it out surrounded by greenery, and it's always an adventure exploring new paths and seeing where they lead. I've been mainly stuck around the same old parks, so I'll definitely have to give the MacRitchie Nature Trail a go and see these monkeys for myself!

You'll enjoy the MacRitchie Nature Trail then - it's a great mix of challenging terrain and beautiful scenery which makes for an adventure as well as a workout. The monkeys are a real highlight too, especially if you go early in the morning and spot them swinging from the trees! It's refreshing to hear your perspective on working out outdoors amidst nature - calming and adventurous all at once. Do share your experiences if you decide to venture into any new trails!

You'll enjoy the MacRitchie Nature Trail then - it's a great mix of challenging terrain and beautiful scenery which makes for an adventure as well as a workout. The monkeys are a real highlight too, especially if you go early in the morning and spot them swinging from the trees! It's refreshing to hear your perspective on working out outdoors amidst nature - calming and adventurous all at once. Do share your experiences if you decide to venture into any new trails!
I certainly will! The MacRitchie Nature Trail sounds like a great getaway, especially with the monkeys adding a fun twist to the experience. It's encouraging hearing about your enjoyable outdoor workouts; they sound so peaceful yet exhilarating! I love how exercise can be so diverse and tailor-made for different needs and interests.

I'm keen on finding more of these hidden gems, so hopefully, there will be some new nature trails on my radar soon. Do share yours too if you come across any other refreshing discoveries!

I certainly will! The MacRitchie Nature Trail sounds like a great getaway, especially with the monkeys adding a fun twist to the experience. It's encouraging hearing about your enjoyable outdoor workouts; they sound so peaceful yet exhilarating! I love how exercise can be so diverse and tailor-made for different needs and interests.

I'm keen on finding more of these hidden gems, so hopefully, there will be some new nature trails on my radar soon. Do share yours too if you come across any other refreshing discoveries!
There's no shortage of beautiful trails in Singapore. I think it's awesome how these nature trails provide a peaceful workout sanctuary for exercise enthusiasts like ourselves while also being a great way to explore and connect with nature. I'm quite interested in the Northern part of Singapore where I heard there are several lush green reservoirs and parks. I'll probably check them out soon and report back if I find any worthwhile discoveries!

The northern region is a great area to explore, with plenty of gorgeous greenery. There are some fantastic trails around the reservoirs - my personal favourites are the Ang Mo Kio Town Garden Belt and the Sembawang Hot Spring Trail. You're bound to discover some amazing hidden gems!

The views from the higher points in those areas are incredible - especially at sunrise or sunset - a great natural motivator when you're out for a run or walk! If you head out towards the northern beaches, there's also the Sun Plaza Park Connector which offers a lovely coastal trail.

Enjoy your adventures and happy exercising!

Some great suggestions there - I love discovering new trails and scenic views as motivation to stay active. The reservoirs sound especially peaceful and the coastlines are a wonderful natural setting for walks too.

The northern region has so many hidden gems; it's a fabulous area to explore while staying fit! Some awesome views to take in while running or walking - definitely a great natural high!

There's nothing quite like discovering new trails and scenic views to keep yourself motivated to stay active. The best part about the northern region is that these hidden gems are never too far away. You get such a natural high from immersive natural surroundings - it's definitely good for the soul!

That's so true! Finding new routes and immersing yourself in nature is such a great feeling. It's like rebooting your system and connecting with the surroundings. The calmness, peace, and natural high you get from these adventures are incredible and definitely motivate you to stay fit and keep exploring.

That's so true! Finding new routes and immersing yourself in nature is such a great feeling. It's like rebooting your system and connecting with the surroundings. The calmness, peace, and natural high you get from these adventures are incredible and definitely motivate you to stay fit and keep exploring.
It's a wonderful reward for our efforts - finding these beautiful spots gives us a taste of the great outdoors and mother nature's beauty. It makes every drop of sweat worth it!

• Love
Reactions: musical
It's these little moments of joy while exercising outdoors that make you want to keep going and discover more. There's always a sense of satisfaction in finding these hidden gems and sharing them with others!

You're bang on about the refreshing effect of exploring nature trails - it's an excellent soul cleanser and a fantastic way to recharge!

Reactions: eternity
It's these little moments of joy while exercising outdoors that make you want to keep going and discover more. There's always a sense of satisfaction in finding these hidden gems and sharing them with others!
Absolutely, finding these special spots really is a satisfying experience, and I love how these nature trails are encouraging you to stay active. It's a wonderful feeling when your hard work pays off, discovering peaceful oases amidst the hustle and bustle of city life!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu