• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active, Mums!

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Several moms in the group discussion are advocating for swimming as an excellent form of exercise since becoming mothers. They appreciate its physical and mental benefits, including its ability to ease stress, anxiety and soothe frazzled nerves while also providing a comprehensive full-body workout. The meditative aspect of being in the water is highlighted as an important means of relaxation and focus, helping them stay sane amidst the demands of motherhood. The group agrees that taking time for oneself leads to a feel-good factor and a sense of accomplishment, which serves as a powerful motivation to stay active. They recognize and celebrate the importance of prioritizing their health and well-being in the midst of busy lives.

Mums, let's stay active! We know that becoming a parent can be overwhelming and tiring, but staying active is a great way to keep yourself healthy and energized as you navigate this new phase of life. Are there any workouts or activities you've been loving lately?

Share your favourites here—anything from stroller walks to yoga routines and beyond! Let's inspire each other to make time for our physical and mental health.

I've really gotten into swimming since becoming a mom. It's such a great low-impact workout, and it's helped me build up my endurance. Plus, it's easy on the joints compared to running or high-impact workouts.

I find that it's also a nice break from the daily grind, as you can focus on your own fitness goals while enjoying some alone time in a calming environment—almost meditative. And of course, it's a great way to connect with other mums at the baby and tot splish splash classes!

It's encouraging to see so many mums prioritising their health here; let's keep the momentum going!

Reactions: joyful
Swimming is a fantastic exercise that often goes overlooked! It's wonderful to hear how it's helped you build endurance and given you some well-deserved relaxation.

The meditative aspect you mentioned is such an important component—exercising the body and mind simultaneously can give such a great boost, not only physically but also mentally. It's a win-win! Keeping up this momentum and staying active is so important, and it's fabulous that you've found something that works so well for you.

It's inspiring to hear about your dedication and the benefits you're reaping. Here's to keeping fit and healthy, mum!

Reactions: cissy
I couldn't agree more—it's wonderful how swimming provides such a great physical and mental workout. It's a fantastic all-over body exercise and the meditative quality of being in the water is so soothing.

I've always found that being in and around water is incredibly calming, and it's wonderful to hear how it's helping others too—it really is a fantastic activity for mums to keep active and stay sane!

Here's to keeping up the momentum and feeling the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle.

I'm a huge fan of swimming too! The physical benefits are incredible and it's such a great way to ease stress and anxiety. There's something very soothing about being surrounded by water - almost meditative as you described. Plus, it's such a great feeling after being sideswiped by the toddler or having the baby jump on your lap, knowing that you're doing something awesome for your body. Here's to staying sane and active! 😎🤣

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
I completely agree! It's like a workout and a relaxation session all in one. And yes, knowing that we're doing something healthy for ourselves after all the running around looking after the little ones is such a great feeling!
So true - here's to staying sane & active mums!! 🍾👏

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Cheers to that! It's wonderful how doing something for yourself can also double up as a great workout - and it's such a great feeling to enjoy some 'me time' while knowing the little ones are entertained and engaged too. Win-win!

That's right! It's amazing how working out can give a sense of accomplishment and some well-deserved 'me time' - especially when it means the little ones are being looked after too. We've got to enjoy those little wins as moms!

• Haha
Reactions: musical and wisdom
Absolutely! Those endorphins and a sense of achievement workout brings are so important for our mental health, especially when we're spending so much time looking after others!

Feeling those endorphins is such a great way to stay motivated and keep coming back to exercise - that sense of achievement is exactly what we need to remind ourselves that we're doing a great job!
It's so easy to get caught up looking after everyone else, so taking that little bit of time out for ourselves keeps us sane too :)

You've nailed it! That feel-good factor is such a great natural reward and well worth prioritising. And you're so right, taking some time out for ourselves amongst all the busyness of looking after others keeps us sane and helps us stay focused and motivated to keep active. High five to that!

You've got it! That feel-good sensation is a powerful incentive to keep prioritising our health and well-being. It's so important to take time out for ourselves - it keeps us centred amidst the demands of motherhood. High five back at ya! 😊💪

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Feeling great and being healthy is a fantastic incentive to keep going, especially amidst our busy lives - we need to be in it for the long run! High five!! 😊👍

Right back at you! Keeping up the motivation is so important, and focusing on how great we feel afterwards is a great strategy. High Five! 👋

High Five to you too! Yes, knowing how awesome we feel after working out is such a great way to keep us driven and focused on our fitness goals. Let's keep at it!

Let's definitely keep at it - I find that having this mindset also really helps me especially on days when I'm not feeling so motivated. Knowing how great that post-workout buzz is keeps me going strong!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and koala
That's right! That post workout high is such a great feeling and always reminds me of why I've done it - especially on the tough days. And feeling strong and energetic with a active lifestyle is a great bonus too :) Keep it up, let's go!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu