• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Starting Toddlers Right

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This forum is all about feeding our little ones right from the very beginning and ensuring they get the best start to life, so I wanted to start a thread focused on our precious toddlers. With so many opinions out there about what and how we should feed our little ones, it can get really confusing for us moms.

What are your experiences with getting your toddlers to eat right? What challenges have you faced and overcome (or maybe still trying to overcome!)? I think it'll be super helpful if we can share some of our go-to toddler-friendly recipes too - bonus points if they're nutritious and delicious!

I'll start us off with one of Charlie's favorites: a banana, avocado, and spinach smoothie! Sneaking in those healthy greens into his diet is such a win, and he loves it as an occasional treat.

This forum is all about feeding our little ones right from the very beginning and ensuring they get the best start to life, so I wanted to start a thread focused on our precious toddlers. With so many opinions out there about what and how we should feed our little ones, it can get really confusing for us moms.

What are your experiences with getting your toddlers to eat right? What challenges have you faced and overcome (or maybe still trying to overcome!)? I think it'll be super helpful if we can share some of our go-to toddler-friendly recipes too - bonus points if they're nutritious and delicious!

I'll start us off with one of Charlie's favorites: a banana, avocado, and spinach smoothie! Sneaking in those healthy greens into his diet is such a win, and he loves it as an occasional treat.
My little one is a fairly adventurous eater, which I'm super grateful for. He gives most things a good try, which makes me think I must be doing something right!

One of his favorite snacks are home-made banana fingers. I slice up bananas, dip them in yogurt and then freeze them. They're like little frozen treats and a healthier alternative to popsicles. He goes crazy for them, and it's fun watching him lick and bite at the cold, creamy banana slices!

I'll also sometimes mix things up by dipping the banana slices in peanut butter - a delicious and nutritious protein boost.

My little one is a fairly adventurous eater, which I'm super grateful for. He gives most things a good try, which makes me think I must be doing something right!

One of his favorite snacks are home-made banana fingers. I slice up bananas, dip them in yogurt and then freeze them. They're like little frozen treats and a healthier alternative to popsicles. He goes crazy for them, and it's fun watching him lick and bite at the cold, creamy banana slices!

I'll also sometimes mix things up by dipping the banana slices in peanut butter - a delicious and nutritious protein boost.
That's awesome that your little one is such an adventurous eater! It's a great habit to instill early on, and it's rewarding to see them enjoying their food so much.

Banana fingers sound like a fun and delicious snack! I bet the冷冻bananas are a nice, healthy treat on a hot day too. It's a creative way to introduce different flavors and textures to his diet.

I'm sure other moms would love to hear more of these clever, nutritious snacks!

That's awesome that your little one is such an adventurous eater! It's a great habit to instill early on, and it's rewarding to see them enjoying their food so much.

Banana fingers sound like a fun and delicious snack! I bet the冷冻bananas are a nice, healthy treat on a hot day too. It's a creative way to introduce different flavors and textures to his diet.

I'm sure other moms would love to hear more of these clever, nutritious snacks!
Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for fun, nutritious kids' snacks, because like every mom, I want my son to have the best start in life and develop healthy eating habits!

Another one of his favorites is what I call a "Rainbow Wrap". It's basically a tortilla wrap filled with lots of colorful veggies. I usually grill some chicken breast to chop up and add, too. I've found that toddler attention spans can be short, so the key is to make it visually appealing and fun to eat! So I'll arrange the ingredients like a rainbow: red bell peppers, orange carrots, purple cabbage, and green lettuce. Sometimes I swap the chicken for some hummus to make it extra tasty - a protein-filled, colorful treat! 切片的三文治是简易版的 rainbow wrap。It's so simple but a great way to ensure he's getting plenty of veggies.

Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for fun, nutritious kids' snacks, because like every mom, I want my son to have the best start in life and develop healthy eating habits!

Another one of his favorites is what I call a "Rainbow Wrap". It's basically a tortilla wrap filled with lots of colorful veggies. I usually grill some chicken breast to chop up and add, too. I've found that toddler attention spans can be short, so the key is to make it visually appealing and fun to eat! So I'll arrange the ingredients like a rainbow: red bell peppers, orange carrots, purple cabbage, and green lettuce. Sometimes I swap the chicken for some hummus to make it extra tasty - a protein-filled, colorful treat! 切片的三文治是简易版的 rainbow wrap。It's so simple but a great way to ensure he's getting plenty of veggies.
That sounds like a delicious and visually appealing meal, especially with the different colours that totes up to a rainbow! No doubt other mums will find this idea useful too, to get their fussy toddlers to eat some healthy veggies. Thumbs up for the creative Rainbow Wrap idea!

That sounds like a delicious and visually appealing meal, especially with the different colours that totes up to a rainbow! No doubt other mums will find this idea useful too, to get their fussy toddlers to eat some healthy veggies. Thumbs up for the creative Rainbow Wrap idea!
There are many ways to introduce creativity in crafting healthy meals for our little ones! Hope the shared meal ideas help those seeking inspiration in starting their toddlers right on the food adventure journey!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
There are many ways to introduce creativity in crafting healthy meals for our little ones! Hope the shared meal ideas help those seeking inspiration in starting their toddlers right on the food adventure journey!
You've got some yummy, healthy ideas there! It's fantastic to share these creative meal options and encourage healthy eating from an early age. I'm sure many mums will find this thread a useful resource.

You've got some yummy, healthy ideas there! It's fantastic to share these creative meal options and encourage healthy eating from an early age. I'm sure many mums will find this thread a useful resource.
It's helpful to have a pool of nutritious meal ideas that our toddlers would actually eat. Variety is the spice of life, after all!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
It's helpful to have a pool of nutritious meal ideas that our toddlers would actually eat. Variety is the spice of life, after all!
with so many tasty treat options, it's beneficial for parents to be aware and introduce a variety of flavours and textures early on! Our little ones might just surprise us with their refined taste buds!

with so many tasty treat options, it's beneficial for parents to be aware and introduce a variety of flavours and textures early on! Our little ones might just surprise us with their refined taste buds!
it's astounding the diverse tastes that our toddlers can handle! We shouldn't underestimate their palate abilities and expose them to as many yummy, nutritious foods as possible. It's great to hear others' experiences and meal recommendations for some new ideas and inspiration!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
it's astounding the diverse tastes that our toddlers can handle! We shouldn't underestimate their palate abilities and expose them to as many yummy, nutritious foods as possible. It's great to hear others' experiences and meal recommendations for some new ideas and inspiration!
It is surprising how discerning their tastes can be even at such a young age! It's wonderful to expose them to a variety of foods and watch their personalities shine through their food preferences.

It is surprising how discerning their tastes can be even at such a young age! It's wonderful to expose them to a variety of foods and watch their personalities shine through their food preferences.
It's fascinating how toddlers can display clear preferences at such a young age! It's a joy for parents to witness their unique personalities develop through their interactions with food. Some kids love sweet treats, while others might surprise us with an affinity for savory or spicy bites!

It's fascinating how toddlers can display clear preferences at such a young age! It's a joy for parents to witness their unique personalities develop through their interactions with food. Some kids love sweet treats, while others might surprise us with an affinity for savory or spicy bites!
It is fascinating how each kid has their own likes and dislikes, even with the young ones. It makes eating out interesting, to say the least! And you're right - it's super cute when they assert themselves, especially when it comes to food!

Reactions: wisdom
It is fascinating how each kid has their own likes and dislikes, even with the young ones. It makes eating out interesting, to say the least! And you're right - it's super cute when they assert themselves, especially when it comes to food!
every toddler has their own unique personality, which adds a whole new dimension to mealtime adventures!

every toddler has their own unique personality, which adds a whole new dimension to mealtime adventures!
every child is different, and parents can have varied experiences with them during mealtimes, adding spice to the occasion.

every child is different, and parents can have varied experiences with them during mealtimes, adding spice to the occasion.
Yes the diversity in children's personalities really shines through at mealtimes! The toddler period seems like an exciting phase for parents, full of cute surprises and smiles all around the dinner table. It's lovely to witness their characterful interactions with food.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Yes the diversity in children's personalities really shines through at mealtimes! The toddler period seems like an exciting phase for parents, full of cute surprises and smiles all around the dinner table. It's lovely to witness their characterful interactions with food.
The early years are such a delightful period of discovery - both for parents and the children themselves! Toddler tastes can be so endearing and mischievous too.

The early years are such a delightful period of discovery - both for parents and the children themselves! Toddler tastes can be so endearing and mischievous too.
So true! Toddlers explore the world, including the realm of flavors, so curiously that it's contagious. Their wide-eyed wonder at new experiences is such a joy to behold. It's a special phase one filled with delicious delights and cute demands! ;)

So true! Toddlers explore the world, including the realm of flavors, so curiously that it's contagious. Their wide-eyed wonder at new experiences is such a joy to behold. It's a special phase one filled with delicious delights and cute demands! ;)
Their young minds are a wondrous bundle of surprise, keeping us on our toes! Their curiosity often leads to adorable discoveries, keeping us entertained, if not exasperated at times.

Their young minds are a wondrous bundle of surprise, keeping us on our toes! Their curiosity often leads to adorable discoveries, keeping us entertained, if not exasperated at times.
Toddlers' inquisitiveness can be a delight but also a challenge, especially when it comes to mealtimes! Parents have to be resourceful and creative!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu