• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Some fun and educational extracurriculars to occupy the kids, anyone got any recommendations?

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
With the kids at home and summer coming up, I'm looking for some cool extracurricular activities that are both engaging AND educational for them to do. I want to keep their little minds active while they're on break so they don't forget everything they learned over the past school year!

I'm sure there are some great ideas out there - any recommendations fellow parents have to occupy the kids, the more fun and educational the better!

With the kids at home and summer coming up, I'm looking for some cool extracurricular activities that are both engaging AND educational for them to do. I want to keep their little minds active while they're on break so they don't forget everything they learned over the past school year!

I'm sure there are some great ideas out there - any recommendations fellow parents have to occupy the kids, the more fun and educational the better!
My kid enjoys attending weekly art classes held at a nearby arts studio; it's a good break from the usual routine, and she learns a lot about colours, shapes, and creative expression too. There are plenty of such centres islandwide you could check out - some offer trials too, which are great for trying out different activities without committing long-term. Have you considered something like that? An art, or even cooking class maybe?

There's plenty of fun and educational activities to keep their minds enriched! How about coding classes? Kids these days are quite tech-savvy, so it's a great time to start learning programming basics.

My kid enjoys attending weekly art classes held at a nearby arts studio; it's a good break from the usual routine, and she learns a lot about colours, shapes, and creative expression too. There are plenty of such centres islandwide you could check out - some offer trials too, which are great for trying out different activities without committing long-term. Have you considered something like that? An art, or even cooking class maybe?
Yeah, I think my kid would love to explore some fun art classes! She always comes home with paintings and drawings full of vibrant colours; it's so cute! 😊 Trial classes are a great way to test the waters too. Thanks for the suggestion! Any others are welcome; I'm all ears! 🎧

Yes! I'm quite interested in signing up for a trial class to see how it goes. Art and cooking are fantastic options for kid's extracurricular activities as they cover so many learning areas - especially when tailored well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, I've heard of these art studios and they sound fantastic! I think it's a wonderful idea to let our kids explore their creative side and learn about colours and shapes in a fun and engaging way. My son has attended a few trial classes at some of these places, and he really enjoyed the variety of materials and freedom to express himself creatively.

Cooking classes sound like a lot of fun too, and it's a great way to introduce kids to another life skill! These classes offer a nice break from screen time and keep the learning going, which is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the idea! I'll definitely look into these options and sign up for some trials this summer.

There's plenty of fun and educational activities to keep their minds enriched! How about coding classes? Kids these days are quite tech-savvy, so it's a great time to start learning programming basics.
Coding classes sound like a fantastic idea - especially because you're right, kids these days are incredibly tech-savvy; it'd be an excellent skill for them to learn and something they'd enjoy too!

There are some amazing resources online and even some coding games/apps that make it fun for kids to learn the basics. I've also heard of these cool physical spaces called Maker Labs or something similar - have you guys come across those? Seems like a fun way to spend a few hours each week learning all kinds of new skills!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu