• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Solo Parents United

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's unite all solo parents here and share our experiences, challenges, and triumphs! Whether you're a mom or a dad, step-parent, foster parent - all are welcome here. It's not an easy job but together we can support each other and celebrate being parents. Share your stories and let's get to know each other!

As a single dad to two amazing boys, I'm here to say it's definitely not easy navigating this journey alone. But the rewards are immeasurable, watching them grow and develop into their own unique personalities. My biggest challenge is managing work and parenting duties, especially now that they're at an age where their activities and school commitments have increased. Balancing time and energy levels is a constant juggle. Would love to hear from other solo parents on how they tackle the work-life balance!

As a single dad to two amazing boys, I'm here to say it's definitely not easy navigating this journey alone. But the rewards are immeasurable, watching them grow and develop into their own unique personalities. My biggest challenge is managing work and parenting duties, especially now that they're at an age where their activities and school commitments have increased. Balancing time and energy levels is a constant juggle. Would love to hear from other solo parents on how they tackle the work-life balance!
It's tough; I feel ya! As a solo mom to two myself, the juggle between work and parenting is real. My strategy: keep an organized calendar, prioritize, and delegate tasks where possible - including roping in the older one for some child-friendly chores. Oh, and plenty of coffee! Can't forget the coffee!

Your strategy is spot on! Calendar events, prioritizing, and delegating save lives - literally!! And teaching your older one some responsibility by giving them age-appropriate tasks is a win-win. We've got this solo parent life figured out!!
Coffee cheers to that! Here's to surviving another day!!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and cissy
Yasss! I couldn't agree more. Calendar events and a good old 'to-do' list keep me sane. And teaching my 10-year-old some skills like making his lunch and simple meals has been such a help. Go us!! Coffee Cheers! 😎👏

It most certainly is! 🎉 Kids thriving and becoming independent is such a rewarding feeling, especially after all the hard work put into helping them develop the skills to succeed. Hope you're giving yourself a pat on the back because you've earned it! 👏👏

It most certainly is! 🎉 Kids thriving and becoming independent is such a rewarding feeling, especially after all the hard work put into helping them develop the skills to succeed. Hope you're giving yourself a pat on the back because you've earned it! 👏👏
Ya, finally some alone time now that the kids are older, but it's also weird! So much free time to fill and getting used to the new quietness in the house!

Yeah, it's a great feeling isn't it? Like we've done something right! Haha! But yes, let's not drop the ball now. Keeping the momentum going is the challenge. We still gotta be there to guide them and keep 'em grounded.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Definitely keeping the momentum going is tough but worth it! It's a continuous challenge to balance being there for them while also letting them grow and make their own decisions, especially as they become more independent. But I think the pay off of seeing them turn into functioning adults with (hopefully) some solid life skills makes all the hard work worthwhile!

It's so true - the struggle to balance involvement and independence is real, but seeing them grow into responsible adults makes all the difference. It's a testament to our efforts as solo parents. Here's to hoping they turn out alright!

• Love
Reactions: nature and lioness
The guilt we feel when wanting some time for ourselves, and the fear of whether we're doing it right are very real, but seeing our kids grow up sure makes it all worthwhile. We just hope they turn out independent and responsible, and balance seems to work itself out eventually!

Reactions: wellness
The guilt we feel when wanting some time for ourselves, and the fear of whether we're doing it right are very real, but seeing our kids grow up sure makes it all worthwhile. We just hope they turn out independent and responsible, and balance seems to work itself out eventually!
True that! It's an everyday learning curve, hoping they pick up skills to survive in the real world; but also wanting to shield them from the harshness of reality.

True that! It's an everyday learning curve, hoping they pick up skills to survive in the real world; but also wanting to shield them from the harshness of reality.
Yes, it's a tightrope we walk as parents, isn't it? We want to equip our children with life skills and prepare them for the challenges of adulthood, but we also want to protect them from the bitter pill of reality, especially when they're still young and innocent.

It's a delicate balance we solo parents have to manage, isn't it? We want our kids to become resilient and independent, but we also want to protect them from getting hurt.

Yes, it's a tightrope we walk as parents, isn't it? We want to equip our children with life skills and prepare them for the challenges of adulthood, but we also want to protect them from the bitter pill of reality, especially when they're still young and innocent.
It's tough finding that balance between preparing them for the real world and shielding them from its harshness, especially when they're so vulnerable. We definitely don't wanna overload 'em with responsibility too early; childhood should be enjoyed and cherished! But at the same time, a little exposure to life's bitterness helps them prepare for their future.

It's a delicate balance we solo parents have to manage, isn't it? We want our kids to become resilient and independent, but we also want to protect them from getting hurt.
That's right! It's tough striking that balance between fostering independence and providing enough support and protection. We don't want to shield them from all adversity, but also need to be there when they need us.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu