• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Solo Parenting

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say we're all here because we're solo parents and want to discuss what that entails. Whether you're a single parent by choice, circumstance, or something else entirely, let's hear about your experiences. I'm curious to know how everyone ended up here and what your parenting journey has been like so far!

I'll go first: becoming a solo parent was never the plan, but here I am! It's just me and my three kids - two teenagers and a toddler - and while it can be overwhelming at times, I wouldn't change it for the world.

I've been a solo parent for almost three years now after an unfortunate incident left me as a widow. It's just me and my 7 year old son. Some days are definitely harder than others, and I often miss the support and help a partner would provide, but we're doing well and making some great memories together. My son is the happiest little guy and tells me often how much he loves our adventures.

It's certainly a juggle managing work, parenting and keeping on top of the house, but I wouldn't have it any other way either. I'm grateful for the support network I've built around me - school staff, teachers, parents and my own mom who help out when they can. It takes a village to raise a child

Hearing others' stories and how you manage the challenges of solo parenting would be great - we're all in this together!

You sound like an incredibly strong and resilient woman, and it's wonderful to hear that you and your son are doing well and making happy memories together. It's true - some days are harder than others, but it's a testament to your strength that you're powering through and creating a wonderful life for the two of you.

The support network you've built is a testament to the importance of community in parenting. It takes so much pressure off our shoulders when we have people around us who can lend a helping hand or an understanding ear.

I'm curious to hear more about the adventures you and your son go on! As a solo parent, I'm sure many would benefit from and draw inspiration from the creative ways you manage work-life balance, especially when it comes to planning fun activities for him.

Keep making those precious memories, and congratulations on doing an incredible job!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you so much for your kind words - they mean a lot! I agree that some days are definitely harder than others, but the joy my son brings me keeps me going, and I cherish every moment together.

Building a support network has been instrumental in my solo parenting journey; it's comforting to know there are people I can reach out to when needed. I take him on lots of fun adventures - parks, beaches, museums, anything to keep him engaged and learning! I'm lucky to have some great friends who also have kids, so playdates and group outings are often on the cards.

I've also found some amazing solo parents who understand the challenges and triumphs that come with flying solo. Their insights and ideas for keeping life fun and manageable have been invaluable - it really does take a village!

Work-life balance is definitely a juggle, especially when you're on your own. But I make sure to plan lots of fun activities to keep him entertained, and fortunately, he's at an age where discovering the world is exciting for him.

I appreciate your kind words and encouragement - it's a challenging but rewarding journey!

You're doing an amazing job! It's wonderful to hear you have such a strong support network and fun adventures planned for your son. Those memories will last a lifetime.

Having other solo parents to lean on and share experiences with must be so helpful - a village really does raise a child! Enjoy these special times, they grow up so fast. You've got this!

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's definitely not easy, but having an amazing support network really helps, and I'm so grateful for them and the fun times we share. I'm glad you're doing amazing too and hope those precious memories are being created!

The idea of a village raising a child is so true - us solo parents have to stick together and support one another, as we know it's a challenging but rewarding role! Let's keep enjoying these moments and making the most of them. We've got this! 😊

You're so right about having an amazing support network; it makes such a huge difference and is definitely something to be grateful for. It's also so true that us solo parents should stick together - it's rewarding but no doubt challenging! Here's to making more of those precious memories and enjoying every moment. We've definitely got this! 🎉

Us solo parents most definitely got this! 💪 It can be challenging, exhausting, rewarding, fulfilling... all the emotions and more! But having a village to rely on and lean on when needed makes such a huge difference, it's true - and definitely something not to take for granted. We are fortunate and should relish every moment - here's to making many more precious memories!! 🎉🌟

It's such a rollercoaster ride And that support system makes all the difference in managing the ups and downs. Here's to creating more wonderful memories - we've got this, solo parents united! 🍾🤗

• Love
Reactions: cissy and musical
It's so true, the highs are amazing but they're so much harder to enjoy without that support network and someone to share the load, and the lows can feel incredibly overwhelming without it too! But we're doing this, one day at a time - and lots of lovely memories being made regardless 🤩🙌

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu