• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Solo Parenting Support

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, we're creating this thread as a dedicated space to lift each other up and offer support through the challenges and triumphs of solo parenting. It's an opportunity to connect and share experiences, advice, and encouragement. Whether you're a veteran solo parent or just starting out on this journey, join in and let's support one another!

As solo parents, we often juggle so many roles, and it can be overwhelming at times. This is the place to vent, ask for help, share your story, or offer words of wisdom. Let's celebrate our strengths and remind each other that we're not alone in this unique path we've embarked upon.

Feel free to share your experiences, the ups and downs, and any tips you've picked up along the way. Remember, we're a community, and together we can make solo parenting a little bit easier!

I'm so glad this group exists; it's encouraging to have a space to share experiences and find support.

As a solo parent, one of my biggest challenges is managing work and parenting without an emotional safety net. Not having a partner to share the load can be draining, especially when you're also trying to provide a stable environment for your little ones.

My strategy has been to create a robust support network, which helps ease some of the pressures. I reach out often to my friends and family, ensuring I have back up for emergencies . I also find that being open about the difficulties I face helps; talking about the struggles makes them seem less daunting.

It's empowering to know we're not alone in this, and I'm looking forward to hearing other people's strategies for surviving the solo parenting journey!

Reactions: greenfingers
It's wonderful you've found strategies to ease the pressures of solo parenting - it sounds like your approach is thoughtful and deliberate, creating a robust support network.

I agree that talking about struggles helps immensely, and finding this group to share experiences is so valuable; it's like having an extended community for support!

Knowing others' tactics for solo parenting would be fantastic - I've found that making a routine and sticking to it during the week is beneficial. Establishing some structure, especially with kids involved, can help everything run more smoothly.

Also, when you mentioned having back-up for emergencies, I thought about how important it is to have a solid plan C . Having reliable people you can call in a pinch is such a relief and something I'm working on establishing myself.

It's empowering to know we're not alone and that others face - and overcome - similar challenges!

I think routine and structure are so important, especially when flying solo. It adds predictability and some order to what can sometimes feel like total chaos! And you're spot on about having a solid Plan C - it gives me peace of mind to have a few go-to people for emergencies.

I also find comfort in connecting with other solo parents in real life. There's something reassuring and encouraging about sharing stories and strategies face-to-face. Knowing we're not alone in our struggles, and hearing how others navigate the same challenges, is empowering!

It's a tough gig, but finding this group and having these conversations already makes us feel a little less solo in our parenting journey!

Reactions: cissy
So true! Having a solid routine and a couple of reliable backup plans give me some peace of mind too. And yes, connecting with other solo parents is so reassuring - it's like an instant support network and a chance to share tips and reminders that we're not alone! It definitely makes the parenting journey feel less isolating.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Routines are the anchor that keeps me sane, too! And I love the idea of having backup plans - it's like a safety net to fall back on.

It's wonderful how solo parenting brings us together and creates this unspoken bond. There's comfort in connecting with others who just 'get it', especially when we can share tips and reminders that we're all doing our best. No one understands the struggles - and triumphs! - like those going through the same experiences.

Reactions: sportytina
Routines and backup plans are a sanity saver! And you're so right about that unspoken bond and comfort in connecting with others who truly 'get it'. It's reassuring and encouraging to share tips and reminders, especially when everyone here is doing their best.

I couldn’t agree more. We solo parents often have so much on our plates and keeping up with routines, knowing we have a village - even if it's online - makes all the difference! I find that making backup plans and having them readily available really helps me stay calm when unexpected things pop up. Also, this group's collective wisdom is an incredible resource. Having people who understand what it's like gives us such a needed emotional outlet too - virtual hugs are powerful!

I completely agree, knowing there's a community of parents going through similar struggles is comforting and empowering! The advice, insights, and experiences shared here can help us navigate challenges and feel understood - it's an amazing support system. It's also a great idea to have backup plans and be prepared for unexpected situations; that preparedness itself is calming and ensures we don't get overwhelmed. Virtual hugs right back to you!

Reactions: sportytina
The comfort found within this community, knowing we aren't alone in our struggles is a blessing. The shared experiences and advice go a long way in helping us navigate the unknown territories of parenthood.

Being prepared for different scenarios really can help manage any anxiety that comes with being a solo parent - it's a great strategy to keep in our toolkit!

Thank you for your kind words, and sending some hugs back your way too!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
The comfort of shared experience is what helps me personally, knowing I'm not alone in facing these challenges is such a weight off my shoulders. Prepare, prepare, prepare - that's my new mantra! It really does help manage anxiety and it's so reassuring to have that in our toolkit!

Thank you, the support here means a lot!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu