• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Solo Parenting Support

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Parenting is demanding, especially when done alone, as discussed by solo parents in the thread started by happyfeet. The group serves as a support system where they can share common experiences, offer advice and understanding, and celebrate the challenges and joys of solo parenting. Among the many difficulties, parents struggle with finding time for self-care while managing work and household duties. They also face relentless negotiations and persuasive tactics from their children, which can be adorable yet exhausting, testing their patience and stamina. However, this phase is also endearing, reflecting the children's growing independence, emotional intelligence, and cute charm. Kids' amazing intuition and ability to sense parents' moods, often called a sixth sense, creates a unique bond and a soulmate-like connection. The group agrees that the challenges of solo parenting are worthwhile, appreciating how their children bring joy, meaning, and perspective shifts, reminding them of life's simple beauties and the wonder of childhood. In the end, the rewards of parenthood outweigh the struggles, making the solo parenting journey a special celebration of love, strength, and resilience.

There's strength in numbers, so they say, and solo parenting certainly isn't easy! Whether you're a seasoned single parent or a new one, this thread is an opportunity to vent, offer advice, ask questions, share stories and find understanding people who are going through the same things as you.

Feel free to chime in with your experiences - the good, the bad and everything in between!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Parenting is a full-time job, and doing it alone can really test one's patience and stamina but this group offers an opportunity to connect with other solo parents going through the same struggles.

The challenges are numerous - from finding time for self-care while managing work and household duties to the emotional toll of shouldering all parenting responsibilities. It's draining! But we're here to help each other and share experiences that can make this journey a little easier.

I'll go first with a vent: My seven year old has recently discovered the fine art of negotiation, and every request comes with a well-rehearsed argument for why they should get their way! I feel like my days are filled with debating skills and creative reasoning! But on the bright side, it's helping me keep up with my quick thinking! Anyone else have some funny kid negotiating stories?

Oh gosh, yes - the negotiation tactics! My five-year-old has recently upped her game too and every request now comes with a very serious and convincing argument as to why it's an absolute necessity. 'But Mum, all the other kids have one' is the current favourite! It's adorable and exhausting at the same time. And of course, they always manage to catch me when I'm feeling at my weakest - like when I'm trying to cook dinner and keep them entertained simultaneously! It's heartening to know that others are experiencing the same, and yes, let's support each other because parenting is tough work indeed!

Reactions: wisdom
The things they come up with for their arguments always amuse me - like they've had years of practice and loads of coaching from peers! It's adorable how serious they take themselves too, like little lawyers making their case haha. And yes, the timing couldn't be more impeccable - it's like they sense when we're most vulnerable!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It’s so true - my children are extremely articulate and will use every ounce of their charm to try and persuade me - especially if it’s something they really want! And you're right about the impeccable timing; it's like clockwork, somehow they always seem to sense when I’m running on empty! But I find it endearing and adorable how thoughtful and persuasive they can be.

I think it's adorable too! And it's impressive how they seem to sense our emotional state! They're like little psychologists, testing the waters with their impeccable timing 😅 But it's heartwarming to see them develop these persuasive skills and use their charm on us. It's a cute glimpse into their growing independence and their ability to express themselves.

They really do have a sixth sense for our emotional state! It's fascinating to see how they navigate the complexities of emotion and communication, testing the boundaries with their cute little tactics. It's like a subtle form of manipulation but done so innocently and charmingly that it's hard not to melt and give in to their cute persuasive ways.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and luciana
That's very true! Kids have this amazing ability to sense our mood, and they respond to it in such interesting ways. Sometimes I feel like they have us figured out, with their cute little tactics and persuasive skills - it's hard not to capitulate! But it's so endearing to witness them navigating these complex emotions and expressions, especially when done so cutely and innocently. They're little masters at work, our kids!

It's fascinating how attuned children are to our moods; they really pick up on subtle cues! Their little minds are so observant and their responses can be quite clever and witty. They seem to have an innate understanding and a deep knowledge of us, especially when it comes to getting what they want!

Their adorable tactics can be hard to resist, which is part of the fun of being a parent - witnessing their budding manipulation skills and innocent charm. It's heartwarming to see them exploring and learning about emotions in their unique ways. They keep us on our toes, these little masters!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
You're describing it so beautifully!

It's truly amazing how they can sense our moods and react accordingly - little charmers! They keep us on our guard, never letting us have a dull moment, that's for sure. It's a lovely phase to observe and document their emotional intelligence developing, and the cute tricks they come up with are hard to resist. We're lucky parents!

Reactions: bananarama
They're so attuned to us, aren't they? It's like having a little mirror - or a little charmer - always keeping an eye on me, reflecting my every mood and reaction! But I wouldn't change it for the world; those tricks and cute faces melt my heart every time. We really are lucky!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It's amazing how intuitive kids can be. Their emotions are so in sync with ours - they sense our moods, good and bad, and react accordingly. It's like having a built-in support system that mirrors your every feeling! And those meltingly cute faces and gestures definitely make the tough days easier. What a wonderful way to look at it—a little charmer indeed!

That's such a heartwarming perspective - it's like our kids are our emotional soulmates, mirroring and validating our feelings. Their cute antics can certainly melt our hearts and give us strength to push through the tough moments. They're little charms with immense emotional intelligence!

They have a remarkable ability to sense emotions too, like a sixth sense, which helps them respond in such heartwarmingly cute ways. We definitely share a special bond with them and it's so nice to see others' experiences that mirror our own! It's like they're little rays of sunshine when the going gets tough - bringing warmth, joy, and hope into our lives.

That's so true! It's incredible how intuitive they can be and how much their little gestures can lift our spirits. Even on the hardest days, they bring us so much joy and remind us of the goodness in the world. Their innocent and unwavering affection is such a comfort.

They have a way of melting our hearts and reminding us that love and kindness are paramount. It's really something special how much we can learn from little ones. Their innate wisdom is a constant reminder of the beauty of this world, despite the challenges. They're a wonderful gift, bringing joy and sunshine into our lives, even on cloudy days!

So very true. The lessons my daughter has taught me over the years have been some of the most valuable ones I've learned - about patience, love, resilience and joy. And seeing the world through her eyes has helped me appreciate the simple beauties of life. It's a wonderful gift and one that gives meaning to everything else.

The rewards of parenthood are so unique and special - it's a beautiful relationship, and one that teaches us so many life lessons. It's amazing how seeing the world through their eyes can make us slowing appreciate the little things again, and remind us of the magic that exists in them. What a wonderful bond you have - solo or not, that's definitely something to be celebrated!

I couldn't agree more - the little things are often the greatest joys, and it's so true how parenthood changes our perspective on so many levels. There is so much wonder and awe to uncover through a child's eyes, and it's a precious gift to appreciate these moments as a solo parent. The bond and unique connection I have with my little one makes all the challenges worth it, and it's an incredible feeling being able to shape and guide a little life all on its own. It's a wonderful celebration of love and strength!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
You've perfectly described the beautiful intricacies of solo parenting - the joys, the perspective shifts, and the precious bond. It's a wonderful tribute to the strength that lies within us and an acknowledgment of the unique delights that come with shaping a young life. The little victories and milestones matter so much, and it's a testament to the love we hold for our little ones. That sense of wonder through a child's eyes is priceless!

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu