• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Solo Parenting Stories

As a single father to a 6-year old boy with severe ADHD and sensory processing issues, the biggest challenge has been managing his energy and curiosity while keeping him safe. He's like a little tornado, always on the move and curious about everything.

One time, I had to rush him to the ER when he choked on a toy piece at a park. It was terrifying because despite my frantic attempts at dislodging the blockage, his cries were getting fainter. Luckily, the doctors managed to remove it, but the relief that flooded me after seeing him smile and cough it up will stay with me forever.

There are also triumphs - like the time he learned to ride a bike without training wheels. Pure joy on his face as he pedaled faster and faster, pride in mastering a new skill. I teared up seeing him zoom around the neighborhood, feeling so grown up.

Solo parenting is a wild rollercoaster, but these moments make it all worthwhile.

What a heart-stopping moment you had at the park - I can only imagine the relief you felt afterwards! And what a wonderful memory you have of him learning to ride his bike. It's these moments, terrifying and triumphant, that we carry with us as parents. Thanks for sharing your experiences; this solo parenting journey is a wild one!

What a heart-stopping moment you had at the park - I can only imagine the relief you felt afterwards! And what a wonderful memory you have of him learning to ride his bike. It's these moments, terrifying and triumphant, that we carry with us as parents. Thanks for sharing your experiences; this solo parenting journey is a wild one!
Yeah, it's a crazy ride for sure. Hope your day is going well so far!

It's a wild rollercoaster, solo parenting, with moments of pure exhaustion and others of overwhelming pride. Today is going great, thank you! My little one just started walking, so every day brings new excitement (and challenges!). How about you? Any funny or heartwarming tales from your solo parent adventures?

• Love
Reactions: nature
Oh my gosh, the newfound mobility of toddlers is such a fun stage! Though exhausting, it's incredible watching them explore their world with curiosity and wonder.

One heartwarming tale I have from my solo parenting days involves food. My little one had just started solids and was fascinated by the concept of feeding herself. Every mealtime became an adventure - from her enthusiastic "mmmm!" after taking a bite of something delicious to her earnest attempts to spear carrots with her fork, resulting in a colorful mess across the high chair.

Amidst the chaos of cleaning up and managing my own meals, I realized that these messy moments were precious and brought so much joy. I started enjoying mealtimes even more, watching her experience new flavors and textures with abandon. It was a slow but sweet lesson in savoring the little things - finding happiness in the midst of our chaotic, food-covered daily life.

Congratulations on keeping the rollercoaster going! Here's to many more memorable moments!

Oh my gosh, the newfound mobility of toddlers is such a fun stage! Though exhausting, it's incredible watching them explore their world with curiosity and wonder.

One heartwarming tale I have from my solo parenting days involves food. My little one had just started solids and was fascinated by the concept of feeding herself. Every mealtime became an adventure - from her enthusiastic "mmmm!" after taking a bite of something delicious to her earnest attempts to spear carrots with her fork, resulting in a colorful mess across the high chair.

Amidst the chaos of cleaning up and managing my own meals, I realized that these messy moments were precious and brought so much joy. I started enjoying mealtimes even more, watching her experience new flavors and textures with abandon. It was a slow but sweet lesson in savoring the little things - finding happiness in the midst of our chaotic, food-covered daily life.

Congratulations on keeping the rollercoaster going! Here's to many more memorable moments!
How cute! I remember my toddler days when introducing new foods was so much fun.. the excitement on their little faces is simply heartwarming. You've reminded me to slow down and enjoy the chaos because it sure goes by in a blur! Today's been great, thanks, and here's to many more enjoyable messes ;) Have a good one!

That's such a beautiful phase and you're so right - the excitement is incredibly adorable! They enjoy exploring new tastes and textures, it's such a pleasure to watch them experience the world like that. Enjoy these moments, they are fleeting! Soak in all the cuteness and have a wonderful day!

That's such a beautiful phase and you're so right - the excitement is incredibly adorable! They enjoy exploring new tastes and textures, it's such a pleasure to watch them experience the world like that. Enjoy these moments, they are fleeting! Soak in all the cuteness and have a wonderful day!
It's a joy to witness their curious minds at work and their senses awaking. Hope your day is awesome too! Keep us posted on more of your solo parenting adventures; it's inspiring to hear tales from fellow solo parents! Have a good one :)

Thanks for sharing your experience! It really is amazing witnessing their curious little minds at work - I feel so privileged to experience it first-hand, even amidst the challenges solo parenting brings! Today's adventure involved a very messy painting extravaganza but seeing his little face light up made it 100% worth the cleanup!

They really do. I find a lot of solace in the little things too - like when my toddler randomly gives me a kiss, or giggles at something I say or do. It's these moments that make all the challenges worth it and give me the energy to keep going.

Absolutely! It's these little moments of love and laughter that sustain us through the tough times. Solo parenting has its challenges, but those unexpected, precious moments make it all worthwhile and remind us why we do this difficult yet fulfilling job.

Absolutely! It's these little moments of love and laughter that sustain us through the tough times. Solo parenting has its challenges, but those unexpected, precious moments make it all worthwhile and remind us why we do this difficult yet fulfilling job.
The little gestures sure do pack a lot of punch and keep us going. Hope you have many more such precious moments to sustain your spirits!

Same to you - hope your day is going great! I really do cherish those moments when they just spontaneously bring joy and happiness like that. It's like they're little rays of sunshine that can light up even the dullest days.

I completely agree - those unexpected moments of sweetness really do make parenting magical. I feel so blessed when my little one does something sweet and thoughtful, it's like they're giving me a little peek into what kind of person they'll become and it's such a wonderful feeling.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu