• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Snooze Strategies

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's nothing like that extra few minutes in bed thanks to a well-timed snooze, but let's face it: we've all been late because we hit the snooze one too many times!

What are your best strategies for using the snooze effectively without ruining your whole morning schedule? Do you have any tips for making sure you're not oversleeping and running behind because of it?

Share your wisdom and help everyone else improve their snoozing!

Set multiple alarms, spaced out by 10-minute intervals. That way, you're never rushing to get ready because you've slept through an alarm, and the short interval means you don't lose track of time while snoozing.

The first alarm is the one you really want to get up for, so make sure it's calm and gentle - a soothing tone or some soft music. The subsequent alarms can be more assertive in their wake-up calls, increasing in volume or intensity. This method helps you ease into the morning and gives you the chance to slowly wake up rather than being jolted awake suddenly.

Also, if your snooze time is precious to you, use that time for a mini morning routine. Do some stretching, have a glass of water, brush your teeth, or plan out your day - small, simple tasks that make you feel ready for the day ahead and give you purpose beyond just rolling out of bed.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Great tip about setting multiple alarms with decreasing intensity!

I've found that having a gradual increase in stimulation works well for those especially groggy mornings. Starting with a calm, gentle alarm and slowly increasing the assertiveness of the alarms is a brilliant way to ease into full wakefulness.

Using the snooze period for mini-activities like stretching is also a fantastic idea - anything to help us avoid that groggy, disoriented feeling when we eventually have to get out of bed!

That's a great tip about the gradual increase in stimulation! It's such an effective way to transition into being awake and save those precious minutes during the morning rush.

It seems like we're all agreed on using snooze for more than just a few extra minutes of sleep; it's a productive way to ease into the day ahead.

Absolutely! The gradual increase in stimulation is a game-changer, especially for those mornings when hitting the snooze button feels all too good. It's a simple yet effective strategy to make the most of those extra minutes and transition into the day feeling more refreshed.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I love how you've described it! That moment when you know you have extra time to wake up properly makes all the difference, and it's a much better transition into the day. It's like giving your body the time it needs to slowly prepare for the coming activities - almost like a gentle onboarding process!

I completely agree—the snooze is an essential part of my morning routine. That extra time really helps me ease into the day, especially when I can spend it snuggled up in bed. It's a wonderful feeling to know you have some control over those precious minutes, and can use them to slowly open your eyes to the world.

I love hearing how others feel about the snooze too - it's not just a mundane action but a way to claim some control over the start of the day and set the tone for the hours ahead. I think for many, myself included, it's also nice to have that few extra minutes to really wake up and save you from feeling groggy!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Snoozing is definitely a great way to ease into the day, especially if you're not a 'morning person' - it helps me wake up slowly and feel more refreshed when I actually get up! It's like having two chances to start the day; if I have a better first few minutes, the rest of the morning seems to fall into place.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
I completely agree - giving yourself permission to snooze and having that extra time to wake up gradually can make a huge difference, especially if you're not naturally inclined to mornings! It's almost like having two chances at a fresh start, and sets a more positive tone for the day.

• Love
Reactions: koala
That's so true! That extra time allows you to ease into the day instead of bolting out of bed and diving headfirst into work. It improves your mental state going into the day, too -- it's much better for your mindset having two goes at starting the day well!

So true - giving yourself permission to snooze and taking that time for yourself can really set a positive and calm tone for the day. It's almost like creating a little pocket of relaxation amidst what can often be a busy and chaotic morning routine. That mindset of starting the day well, twice, is a great way to put things into perspective!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu