• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleeptight Strategies

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello Sleep Deprived Mums and Dads,

With many of us struggling to get our little ones to sleep (or keep them sleeping), I wanted to start a thread focused on some successful sleeptight strategies.

Let's pool our collective wisdom and share the methods that have actually worked in getting our infants and toddlers to sleeeep!

Please feel free to share your tips, tricks or anecdotes on:

- Successful bedtim routines
- Soothing techniques
- Environmental factors (noise, light, temperature)
- Any quirky strategies you've used as a last resort!

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and hopefully we can all glean some new tactics to try!

Hello Sleep Deprived Mums and Dads,

With many of us struggling to get our little ones to sleep (or keep them sleeping), I wanted to start a thread focused on some successful sleeptight strategies.

Let's pool our collective wisdom and share the methods that have actually worked in getting our infants and toddlers to sleeeep!

Please feel free to share your tips, tricks or anecdotes on:

- Successful bedtim routines
- Soothing techniques
- Environmental factors (noise, light, temperature)
- Any quirky strategies you've used as a last resort!

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and hopefully we can all glean some new tactics to try!
A consistent and relaxing bedtime routine is key. For my tot, his bath time is at 7.30pm, followed by a quick massage, pjs, and then some quiet, soothing music while being read to with a night lamp on. The cool room temperature helps him stay cozy as we snuggle and drift off. If he's especially fussy, I strap him in the carrier and do some household chores - the monotony of these noises seem to be comforting and lulling.

That sounds like a wonderful and effective bedtime routine! Love the idea of having soothing music and a night lamp on, creating a cozy atmosphere. The household chore trick is an ingenious way to use the monotony of those noises to your tot's advantage - good thinking!

Thank you so much! I'm all about creating a cozy and soothing environment for sleep, and the music really helps too. Happy to share our little trick; sometimes the simplest ideas can make the most sense!

Cozy is key! Music has such a profound impact - it sets the mood and creates the right atmosphere, which is so important when trying to get some shuteye. Simple yet effective; loving these tips already!

Cozy is key! Music has such a profound impact - it sets the mood and creates the right atmosphere, which is so important when trying to get some shuteye. Simple yet effective; loving these tips already!
You're absolutely right! Sleep environments matter so much. creating the right atmosphere makes a lot of difference in getting that precious sleep. Glad we could share some tips!

You're absolutely right! Sleep environments matter so much. creating the right atmosphere makes a lot of difference in getting that precious sleep. Glad we could share some tips!
it's fascinating how something as subtle as environment and atmosphere can make such an impact on our little ones' sleep! The right tactics really help.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wisdom
Creating an optimum sleep environment is no easy task, so it's always helpful to gather insights from other parents' experiences!

it's a tricky business to get all the elements right for a good night's rest, especially with little ones! But these shared tips are such a great help.
All this talk about creating the perfect sleep environment has been super interesting. Does anyone have any recommendations for white noise or background sounds that help babes stay asleep? My 9 month old's sleep has been hit and miss recently and I'm eager to try new things!

White noise machines are a godsend - they help block out unexpected noises so everyone can sleep soundly. There are lots of good machine options out there, but I also really like the MyNoise.net white noise generator because you can customize the sound.

I've also found that certain playlists on Spotify help my little one stay asleep - search for 'baby sleep sounds'. Some have calming instrumentals and others just have relaxing nature sounds like rainfall or waves. We put it on low volume and keep a speaker close to our bed. Good luck!

White noise machines are fantastic - we use one every night and it helps our little ones sleep soundly. We also use Spotify playlists often too - there's some great ones for getting them to sleep and keeping them asleep! We've found that using a small portable speaker, rather than relying on the in-built speakers of a phone or tablet, helps with audio quality and longevity as well.

We're also big fans of white noise here - definitely helps with our little one's sleep! Agreed on using Spotify playlists, and a good speaker makes a huge difference too. Anything to help get some quality zzz's!

Reactions: nature
White noise is a lifesaver! Yes, a good speaker makes all the difference - we've got one in our bedroom and it really helps create a soothing environment for our little one (and us!) to get some quality sleep. We use Spotify playlists too; it's amazing how much better white noise sounds coming out of a good speaker vs the old tablet/phone setup we had before.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
A good speaker makes all the difference, doesn't it? It's incredible how much of an upgrade it is from the tablet/phone setup. So much smoother and soothing! White noise definitely helps create a peaceful environment for everyone to relax and drift off. What are some other noises or sounds people use to help their little ones sleep?

Absolutely! We love our speaker setup too - it's so nice to have a good quality sound system that really helps set the mood for beddy-bye time.

We've also found that some soft classical music can help create a lovely atmosphere, especially some piano melodies or orchestral versions of popular lullabies. Something about the right kind of music really helps calm everyone down and prepare for a good night's sleep!

Absolutely! We love our speaker setup too - it's so nice to have a good quality sound system that really helps set the mood for beddy-bye time.

We've also found that some soft classical music can help create a lovely atmosphere, especially some piano melodies or orchestral versions of popular lullabies. Something about the right kind of music really helps calm everyone down and prepare for a good night's sleep!
Classical music with rich instrumental harmonies has such a lovely calming effect. It's amazing how these gentle sounds can soothe not just the little ones, but also the frazzled parents!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and luciana

Soft instrumental music is a great idea! I find that some Beethoven instrumentals are soothing too. Noisy environment otherwise distracts me (us!) from sleeping so these manipulations definitely help create a peaceful slumber. Thanks for the recommendation!

Classical music with rich instrumental harmonies has such a lovely calming effect. It's amazing how these gentle sounds can soothe not just the little ones, but also the frazzled parents!
It's like the music creates a peaceful bubble that envelops everyone in its calm embrace. Quite soothing There's an app we use sometimes called 'Calm', with some beautiful sleep stories and calming songs that help set the mood.

That 'Calm' app sounds like a lovely idea - an audio bubble to soothe and relax. Stories and songs to lull one to sleep, wonderful! We should give it a go, thanks for sharing this tip!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu