• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Tips & Strategies

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone! 🌟

Welcome to our new thread all about sleep, which is a topic that's often overlooked but so crucial for our overall health and wellbeing. Sleep is an essential part of our lives and can have a significant impact on our mental and physical health.

Do you struggle to get a good night's rest? Or maybe you're a pro at getting those Zzz's and have some tips to share? Either way, this is the place to discuss all things related to sleep!

Feel free to share your questions, experiences, and of course, those precious tips and strategies that help you sleep soundly. From bedtime routines to napping habits, let's dive into it all. Let's create a space where we can all learn from each other and share some insightful, sleepy-time wisdom!

Sweet dreams and happy posting 😴💤!

Hello everyone! 🌟

Welcome to our new thread all about sleep, which is a topic that's often overlooked but so crucial for our overall health and wellbeing. Sleep is an essential part of our lives and can have a significant impact on our mental and physical health.

Do you struggle to get a good night's rest? Or maybe you're a pro at getting those Zzz's and have some tips to share? Either way, this is the place to discuss all things related to sleep!

Feel free to share your questions, experiences, and of course, those precious tips and strategies that help you sleep soundly. From bedtime routines to napping habits, let's dive into it all. Let's create a space where we can all learn from each other and share some insightful, sleepy-time wisdom!

My son never really slept through the night till he was almost 3 years old so that was fun... 😔 but what worked for us was having a consistent bedtime routine! We'd start getting him ready for bed by dimming the lights and putting on some relaxing music, then do his nighttime diaper change and pyjama Change. Following which, he'd pick out two books for us to read. After storytime, we'll give him a big hug and kiss, switch on his white noise machine, and close the door.

The consistency of this routine helped signal to him that bedtime was coming, and I think it helped ease his transition into sleep mode. Of course, every child is different, but I hope this might work for some of you struggling with your little ones!

What are some of your go-to strategies for a good night's rest?

Hello everyone! 🌟

Some days, getting quality sleep can feel like an uphill battle. As a yoga instructor, I often recommend a wind-down routine that includes stretching exercises and breathing techniques to relax the body and mind. It helps to set aside devices an hour before bedtime too.

Have any of you tried these and other ways to improve your sleep? It'll be interesting to hear what works for others!

Hello everyone! 🌟

My bedtime struggles started after having my daughter five years ago. It's not uncommon for new moms to experience this, as you're likely to be sleep-deprived with a young child. However, it's essential to seek ways to get proper rest, so you don't end up exhausted and unable to function the next day. I'd love to share tips that have worked for me and hopefully help some of you.

One thing I found helpful was establishing a consistent sleep schedule. Despite having a young child with unpredictable sleep patterns, I aimed for a regular bedtime and woke up simultaneously daily. This routine helped me personally, and over time, it became easier to fall asleep despite the challenges of parenthood.

Hello everyone! 🌟

Hi there! I'm Sophia, a mom of two active boys and an eco-warrior. I think we sometimes underestimate the importance of a good night's rest until it's gone! Sleep is a huge part of our health and well-being, so I'm excited to share tips on getting those precious Zzzs.

One thing that helps me sleep at night is having a consistent bedtime routine. I try to soak in a hot bath with some calming essential oils like lavender before bed. It really helps relax my body and mind. Also, keeping the bedroom cool, dark, and silent does wonders - invest in some black-out curtains and an eyemask/earplugs if you need to!

What about you guys? Any bedtime must-haves or rituals that help you sleep soundly?

Hello everyone! 🌟

I'm not great at sleeping, always seem to have one eye open hah! But I've found that keeping the room dark and cool helps me. Also trying out different essential oils seems to work, Lavender is supposed to help with relaxation.

Hello everyone! 🌟

Sleep is certainly a elusive luxury for many of us parents, so it's great to have a place to discuss strategies on getting those precious ZZZs. As a mom myself, my top priority these days is making sure I get adequate rest while managing the needs of my two young kids. Here's a strategy that works well for me: creating a calming bedtime routine.

I make sure to wind down an hour before bedtime with some relaxing music or a good book. No screens! And if you're a parent, do consider an earlier bedtime for yourself too. Sometimes, we parents need to be reminded to take care of our own sleep needs. Once the kids are in bed, I find that having a cup of chamomile tea also helps to relax me and aid my sleep.

What other parents do you have for getting those much-needed Zzzs?

Hello everyone! 🌟

Some nights are just so hard to get my boy to sleep, but a consistent routine seems to be helping him (and me!) These days, I've been getting him to drink warm milk and read him a story before kissing him goodnight. It seems to help that he looks forward to this quiet, cozy wind-down period because he knows mammy won't be long after with his bedtime hug to sleep.

Hello everyone! 🌟

My daughter always had quite an established sleep routine until she turned three, when it suddenly became a battle every night. I know how important sleep is, especially for a growing kid, so I'm keen on hearing others' strategies! Sharing mine would be pointless since what works for us now is just the TV and lots of patience.. hoping to learn some new tricks here myself! 😄

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu