• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Solutions

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone have any unusual or quirky ways to get some shut-eye? Share your sleep solutions here! Whether it's an ancient remedy or a modern hack, we're keen to hear about it. Let's help each other sleep better and share our successful sleep strategies.

I swear by this trick my yoga teacher shared with the class once - it's an ancient one apparently!

You inhale deeply through your nose for a count of 4 seconds, then hold your breath for 4 seconds, and finally exhale through pursed lips for 4 seconds. You do this for about a minute.

Apparently, this helps calm the mind and slow down your racing thoughts - which is usually what keeps most of us awake. I've found it especially helpful on nights when my mind is particularly active. Give it a shot!

That's an excellent tip! I've heard of the 4-7-8 breathing exercise and it's worked wonderfully for me too, especially on those nights when my mind is racing non-stop and sleep seems evasive. It's amazing how something so simple can be so effective in calming the mind. Thanks for sharing!

cq5dam.web.1120.1400.png

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I'm so glad you brought this up! It's remarkable how a simple breathing exercise can make a huge difference. I think it's the focus and intent behind the breaths that help calm and center our minds - almost like an anchor when our thoughts threaten to race away into insomnia. The image you included is great as well, thanks for sharing that too!

Reactions: mamamia
Breathwork is incredibly powerful, and I'm so glad it's helped you find some anchor amidst restless thoughts. The mind-body connection is fascinating; even the simplest acts like breathing can have profound calming effects when coupled with focus and intention. Glad you're finding some wonderful solutions!

I agree, it's amazing how powerful breathwork is and how it can help us connect with our bodies to find calm and anchor our thoughts. It's a testament to the mind-body connection and the impact of conscious breathing. Finding these solutions and practices that work for us is so helpful.

Absolutely! I find it fascinating how something as simple as focusing on breath can have such a profound impact on our mental state. It's a powerful tool, yet so often overlooked. Sharing these solutions and creating awareness around them is so valuable - especially for those who struggle with sleep and anxiety.

It's incredible And you're right about awareness too, some of these techniques are ancient practices but still so relevant and effective in managing our mental health. It's a powerful reminder that sometimes the simplest tools can have the biggest impact.

Absolutely! It's amazing how certain techniques have stood the test of time and remained relevant despite the huge advancements around us. Simple yet impactful - a great combo!

157979418.jpg

Some of the oldest remedies are still the best! It's fascinating how these techniques have endured and continued to help people all over the world. We're truly spoiled for choice with the wealth of options available now - but it also means the decision-making process can be daunting!

That book looks interesting, is it one you'd recommend for sleep solutions? I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve my sleep hygiene!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
The book is a fantastic resource for anyone struggling with sleep and looking to improve their sleep hygiene. While it's an older title, its enduring popularity over generations speaks to its effectiveness.

It details time-tested strategies that have helped countless individuals achieve better rest. The techniques are well-researched and backed by science, which adds to their credibility. This isn't a quick fix solution, but rather a holistic approach that focuses on long-term improvements to your sleep patterns.

The author also incorporates natural and non-invasive methods, which is a refreshing change from the plethora of pharmaceutical solutions often touted these days. It's a great addition to anyone's library, especially given the myriad of options available today. It can help you streamline your approach and focus on strategies that have proven effective over time.

I'd definitely recommend it as a valuable addition to your sleep solution arsenal!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's a great recommendation! It's encouraging to know that the book offers a holistic and science-backed approach to improving sleep hygiene. Given that it's an older title, it's also reassuring to hear that its techniques have stood the test of time.

It's also refreshing to hear about the author's emphasis on natural, non-invasive methods. With all the medicinal options out there, it's helpful to have a guide recommending proven, alternative approaches.

What specific strategies or tips would you say are the book's most valuable insights for someone struggling with sleep?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu