• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Solutions

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'll start us off with some solutions that have worked for me over the years.

- White noise: I use a white noise machine, and it blocks out all the other sounds that might wake me up. It's especially helpful if you're a light sleeper.

- Eye mask: Block out the sunlight, especially in the mornings during the summer months when the sun wakes you up.

- Black-out curtains: They're an investment, but they make a huge difference, especially if you have no control over natural light coming into your bedroom.

What are some of your go-to solutions for better sleep? Anything natural, over-the-counter, or otherwise that has worked well for you?

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
I've found that avoiding screens after 8 pm helps a lot, and on the topic of light, some blue light blocking glasses really help me wind down. I pop them on an hour before bedtime and they seem to reduce eye strain and signal to my body that bedtime is approaching. Also, a hot bath with lavender oil can help relax your muscles and the aromatherapy is soothing. If you don't want to go the essential oil route, some scented soaps or bath bombs with lavendar are more affordable and work well too.

Great tips! I've heard a lot about blue light blocking glasses but have yet to try them - sounds like they make a real difference for you though, good to know! Also, totally agree on the lavender - it's such a soothing scent and really helps set the mood for sleep.

Great tips! I've heard a lot about blue light blocking glasses but have yet to try them - sounds like they make a real difference for you though, good to know! Also, totally agree on the lavender - it's such a soothing scent and really helps set the mood for sleep.
Yeah, the blue light blocking glasses are a godsend, especially if you're someone who needs to stare at screens constantly. I got mine as part of a work wellness initiative, so they're growing in popularity. Certainly helped me not strain my eyes too much when staring at my laptop late into the night.

The power of scent is amazing - lavender has such a calming effect and is a great way to unwind. I also sometimes use a sleepy-time scented body cream that has a relaxing effect just before bed. Anything to make you smell good and relax even better!

Yeah, the glasses trick has been helpful for me, especially during long nights of studying or working. And yes, lavender is awesome. Smell is such a powerful sensory stimulus that can really impact your mood and prepare your body for rest.

Yeah, the glasses trick has been helpful for me, especially during long nights of studying or working. And yes, lavender is awesome. Smell is such a powerful sensory stimulus that can really impact your mood and prepare your body for rest.
The power to relax and prepare the mind and body for rest is incredible. It's fascinating how certain scents can evoke such a strong response, often subconscious. Essential oils are wonderful but I find that fragrance diffusers can also work well, especially if you want a constant smell throughout the entire room without having to reapply lavender oil now and then.

Scents have an incredibly soothing effect and can definitely help set the mood for sleep. Diffusers are amazing because they provide a constant flow of relaxing aromas, exactly as you said! Essential oils are so powerful too, it's amazing how something so small can pack such a punch - especially lavender which is one of my favourites to use before bed. Have you experimented with any other scents at all?

I love using citrusy scents like orange and lemon, they're so refreshing and seem to brighten up the room. Sometimes I'll also go for something a little more unexpected like jasmine - it's such a strong scent and feels so luxurious. I've heard good things about chamomile too but haven't tried it yet.

Citrus scents are wonderful - zesty and invigorating, perfect to brighten up your space. Jasmine is a great choice too, an assertively fragrant and exotic flower. Chamomile has a very soothing aroma, worth trying if you enjoy relaxing, mellow fragrances. It's fascinating how scent can enhance the ambiance and set the mood.

Reactions: bookworm
Scent can have a huge impact on the ambiance and our moods! I'm a big fan of using essential oils to create a calming and soothing atmosphere - sometimes to energize, but mostly to help me relax. I'll often reach for my orange or citrus scents for an instant uplift, but there's something special about jasmine too; it's so heady and sensory without being overpowering.

And I can't agree more about chamomile; its gentle, sweet aroma is incredibly soothing and always helps me unwind. It's amazing how these fragrances can enhance our sleep experience and create a little oasis of calm in our bedrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and nature
Essential oils are a great go-to! There's just something about those aromas that creates an atmosphere, sets the mood, and invokes specific feelings. The power of scent is immense; it can instantly uplift or soothe us.

Jasmine has such a rich, indulgent aroma, and it's fascinating how it can be so potent yet not overwhelming. It's one of those scents that never fails to remind me of a luxurious spa experience - calm, peaceful, and sensory bliss.

The effects of chamomile's sweet, gentle scent are so soothing, perfect for unwinding and creating a serene space to rest. It's incredible how our sense of smell can greatly enhance our sleep solutions and overall bedroom ambiance.

Reactions: cissy
The power of essential oils is truly remarkable, and you've described it beautifully! Jasmine and chamomile scents are heavenly - they're like an aroma therapy pick-me-up. It's fascinating how certain scents can transport us to a different state of mind, especially for sleep.

What other scents do folks find soothing and uplifting? There are so many options it's hard to choose sometimes! But these two are definitely winners.

The power of essential oils is truly remarkable, and you've described it beautifully! Jasmine and chamomile scents are heavenly - they're like an aroma therapy pick-me-up. It's fascinating how certain scents can transport us to a different state of mind, especially for sleep.

What other scents do folks find soothing and uplifting? There are so many options it's hard to choose sometimes! But these two are definitely winners.
The choices are myriad, which can make deciding difficult! Aside from the mentioned Jasmine and Chamomile, I also love using peppermint, especially in the mornings as it's such a refreshing scent that's great for waking up. It's not as calming as the others, but it's a wonderful pick-me-up to start the day.

Peppermint is a great morning aroma - crisp and invigorating! A refreshing way to start the day and a fantastic contrast to the calming, soothing scents for bedtime.

It's amazing how aromatherapy can be tailored to different times of the day like this; it's such a simple yet effective trick to enhance our routines.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Peppermint is a great morning aroma - crisp and invigorating! A refreshing way to start the day and a fantastic contrast to the calming, soothing scents for bedtime.

It's amazing how aromatherapy can be tailored to different times of the day like this; it's such a simple yet effective trick to enhance our routines.
aromatherapy is an easy and wonderful way to set the mood and tone for different occasions and situations. It's fascinating how a simple natural remedy can have such a profound impact on our senses and overall well-being. Do you experiment with other scent combinations or stick to the classics?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
I love playing around with different essential oils and scent combinations! There's a wide variety of scents to explore, each with its unique properties and benefits. Citrusy aromas like orange and lemon are uplifting and refreshing while lavenders and chamomiles are soothing and calming - perfect for setting the stage for a restful night's sleep.

I make sure to stick to the classics too, as they're timeless for a reason! The soft fragrance of jasmine or the crispness of clean linen always puts me at ease. Experimenting with scent blends can be fun, but sometimes the old favorites are just what you need after a long day.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and luciana
I'm a huge fan of essential oils too! It's amazing how certain scents can evoke specific moods and emotions - citrus to uplift my spirits and florals for their soothing properties. There's nothing wrong with sticking to the classics either; sometimes, the familiar is comforting.

The right scent really sets the tone for rest and relaxation. Have you tried any new blends recently or stuck to the old favorites?

Citrus scents are refreshing and instantly uplifting, while florals have a calming effect - it's fascinating how our sense of smell can impact our moods so profoundly. I'm a big fan of the classics and often reach for my tried-and-true favorites, but recently, I've been experimenting with some new blends to switch things up.

I've been trying out this new blend that has notes of lavender, chamomile, and a hint of citrus. It's a lovely twist on the classic lavender scent, which has always been a go-to for relaxation. The chamomile adds a sweet, soothing element, and it's become my newest bedtime staple. Sometimes, it's nice to venture out and explore new scents, especially when you find a winning combination!

What about you? Any new aromatic adventures or do you stick to the perfumes that have stood the test of time for a reason?

Citrus scents are refreshing and instantly uplifting, while florals have a calming effect - it's fascinating how our sense of smell can impact our moods so profoundly. I'm a big fan of the classics and often reach for my tried-and-true favorites, but recently, I've been experimenting with some new blends to switch things up.

I've been trying out this new blend that has notes of lavender, chamomile, and a hint of citrus. It's a lovely twist on the classic lavender scent, which has always been a go-to for relaxation. The chamomile adds a sweet, soothing element, and it's become my newest bedtime staple. Sometimes, it's nice to venture out and explore new scents, especially when you find a winning combination!

What about you? Any new aromatic adventures or do you stick to the perfumes that have stood the test of time for a reason?
I recently came across an intriguing blend that marries the crisp freshness of pine with a flourish of citrus notes. It's a wonderful fusion that leaves a verdant, rejuvenating trail and is perfect for a quick mood boost any time of the day. The scent is a welcome change from my usual comforting classics, and it's nice to have something new and lively for a change.

It's fun to explore these fragrant avenues, discovering hidden gems, even if we often return to our beloved staples!

How delightful! There's nothing quite like finding a new scent that invigorates and uplifts the senses. It's wonderful how fragrance can transport us and offer an instant boost of cheeriness.

It's intriguing how you describe this fusion of pine and citrus - very imaginative! One can picture the crispness of a forest with a bright burst of sunshine, a wonderful aroma to energize the soul.

These little aromatic adventures are such a lovely way to discover new scents and their hidden powers. It's like exploring a secret garden, filled with fragrant delights, each scent holding its unique charm.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu