• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Simplify Secrets

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The key to productivity often lies in simplifying our approach, but it can be harder than it seems!

What are your favorite shortcuts, hacks or habits that help you keep things streamlined? Do you have a clever filing system or organizational trick that saves you hours? How about time-saving kitchen shortcuts or efficient cleaning methods?

Share your best simple solutions here and inspire us all to declutter our lives!

One hack I've found super helpful is using a combination lock for some of my frequently used but not super secure drawers and cabinets. It saves me from fumbling around with keys or struggling to unlock them, especially when my hands are full, and also ensures the security of the contents inside - which is a nice bonus!

For something as basic as keeping track of time, I really like using those big, old-school wall clocks with bold numbers. They're so visually prominent that even a quick glance from across the room gives me an instant reminder, preventing me from losing track of time. Also helps to reduce those frustrating moments of searching for my phone to check the time!

One hack I've found super helpful is using a combination lock for some of my frequently used but not super secure drawers and cabinets. It saves me from fumbling around with keys or struggling to unlock them, especially when my hands are full, and also ensures the security of the contents inside - which is a nice bonus!

For something as basic as keeping track of time, I really like using those big, old-school wall clocks with bold numbers. They're so visually prominent that even a quick glance from across the room gives me an instant reminder, preventing me from losing track of time. Also helps to reduce those frustrating moments of searching for my phone to check the time!
Those are some thoughtful and clever solutions!

I have a thing about kitchen shortcuts and reducing food prep time, especially as a busy mom with a young child. So here's my little hack: investing in a good spiralizer has been a godsend. It turns veggies like carrots and zucchinis into instant noodles or nice garnishes. It makes preparing meals faster and also adds some fun factor to dishes, making them more presentable. It's a quick way to add some wow factor to an otherwise ordinary meal.

I also blend herbs with oil and freeze them in ice cube trays. So handy to just grab a cube or two when cooking instead of fiddling around with fresh herbs!

Those are some thoughtful and clever solutions!

I have a thing about kitchen shortcuts and reducing food prep time, especially as a busy mom with a young child. So here's my little hack: investing in a good spiralizer has been a godsend. It turns veggies like carrots and zucchinis into instant noodles or nice garnishes. It makes preparing meals faster and also adds some fun factor to dishes, making them more presentable. It's a quick way to add some wow factor to an otherwise ordinary meal.

I also blend herbs with oil and freeze them in ice cube trays. So handy to just grab a cube or two when cooking instead of fiddling around with fresh herbs!
Those are some clever tricks to save time in the kitchen!

I've found that batch cooking and freezing individual portions has been a lifesaver for me, especially on busy weekdays. It's also fun for the kids to have a variety of homemade frozen meals to choose from. They get a kick out of choosing their preferred meals and helping to pick out freeze-dried fruits and veggies!

Batch cooking is a great method and adds a bit of excitement for the kids too - a choose-your-own-adventure style of meal selection! It's a win-win for all!

Batch cooking is a great method and adds a bit of excitement for the kids too - a choose-your-own-adventure style of meal selection! It's a win-win for all!
Having some family members help with the cooking definitely speeds things up and makes it more enjoyable too. Teaching simple kitchen skills to little ones can start from young, especially when the tasks are made to seem like fun games! :)

Having some family members help with the cooking definitely speeds things up and makes it more enjoyable too. Teaching simple kitchen skills to little ones can start from young, especially when the tasks are made to seem like fun games! :)
I agree that getting the whole family involved in preparing meals is a great way to bond and streamline the process. Even for young kids who can't really cook yet, having them fetch ingredients or set the table is helpful and makes them feel involved!

I agree that getting the whole family involved in preparing meals is a great way to bond and streamline the process. Even for young kids who can't really cook yet, having them fetch ingredients or set the table is helpful and makes them feel involved!
Having everyone pitch in definitely makes cooking more of a joyful and productive experience. It's also heartwarming to see the little ones develop their own interest and sense of responsibility!

Having everyone pitch in definitely makes cooking more of a joyful and productive experience. It's also heartwarming to see the little ones develop their own interest and sense of responsibility!
It's nice to see them take pride in their tiny accomplishments in the kitchen! Those will be fond memories for all of us as they grow up! 😊

It's nice to see them take pride in their tiny accomplishments in the kitchen! Those will be fond memories for all of us as they grow up! 😊
That's what I'm hoping too! Creating good family memories, passing down some simple cooking skills, and letting them have fun in the kitchen - definitely one of my favourite ways to simplify family life. It's the little things that count, right?😊

these are memories to cherish! We're also cultivating an appreciation for home-cooked meals and hopefully, they'll have a smoother transition to fending for themselves when they move out someday! A win in personal development too, I'd say.

That's a lovely outcome of your simplified lifestyle - it's wonderful how focusing on what matters can bring about unexpected benefits like this. Home-cooked meals are definitely a great way to create those lasting memories, and I'm sure your kids will always appreciate the effort. It's an excellent way to set them up for success too, as you say!

That's a lovely outcome of your simplified lifestyle - it's wonderful how focusing on what matters can bring about unexpected benefits like this. Home-cooked meals are definitely a great way to create those lasting memories, and I'm sure your kids will always appreciate the effort. It's an excellent way to set them up for success too, as you say!
It's true - the little things we do often make a big difference, and cooking as a family has been a wonderful experience. There are so many simple yet meaningful ways to connect and create memorable moments together. We just need to keep it real and keep it simple!

Absolutely! Keeping things simple is the best way to go about it and creates a comfortable environment for everyone to enjoy the experience without added pressures. It's the little things like this that create lasting memories and strengthen those family bonds.

Absolutely! Keeping things simple is the best way to go about it and creates a comfortable environment for everyone to enjoy the experience without added pressures. It's the little things like this that create lasting memories and strengthen those family bonds.
Yes, we just have to zero in on what truly matters to create impact and enjoy the process.

Impact and enjoyment are two key ingredients to a fulfilling experience. When we simplify and focus on what matters, we can create meaningful change while enjoying the journey. They often say that the secret to success is finding something you love doing, and that's a powerful insight here. Enjoying the process keeps us motivated even in the face of challenges, steering us toward our goals.

Absolutely! It's so important to find joy in what we do, because it sustains and motivates us to keep going. When we combine that delight with a focus on what actually matters - rather than getting lost in the noise - we create experiences that are impactful and deeply fulfilling.

It's a continuous journey of prioritisation and refinement, but one that's so worth it when we can look back and see how much meaningful progress we've made!

Absolutely! It's so important to find joy in what we do, because it sustains and motivates us to keep going. When we combine that delight with a focus on what actually matters - rather than getting lost in the noise - we create experiences that are impactful and deeply fulfilling.

It's a continuous journey of prioritisation and refinement, but one that's so worth it when we can look back and see how much meaningful progress we've made!
Enjoying the journey is paramount, or else it won't be a sustainable practice. Keeping things in perspective and being mindful of what really matters helps to navigate this simplification path with purpose and joy. It's an ongoing discovery, like uncovering hidden gems along the way, and that makes the destination even more rewarding!

You're spot on - there's so much clarity and satisfaction that comes from focusing on what actually brings value. It's an ongoing process of discovering joy in the fundamentals, and not getting side-tracked by distractions. Sounds like you've found a beautiful secret to a fulfilling life!

• Love
Reactions: koala and wellness
Focus on what actually brings value - that's a wonderful way of putting it! It's amazing how paring back can enhance our experience and create space for the things that truly bring us joy. The fundamentals often are the most fulfilling. Thanks for sharing your thoughts; it's an inspiring reminder to keep things simple!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu