• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Shorten schedules

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a trick I've been using lately to save so much time!

I've started creating shortened versions of my daily, weekly, and monthly schedules that have made keeping track of everything so much simpler. Instead of having one long to-do list or calendar with tons of tiny details, I've created streamlined versions with only the essential info I need.

For example, instead of an hour-by-hour breakdown of my day, my daily schedule now only has the must-do tasks and their approximate times. This way, I don't get overwhelmed seeing how much I have left to do and can better focus on what's next. It also helps me prioritize because I see the most important tasks at a glance.

Similarly, my weekly and monthly schedules have only the main goals/tasks/events, which saves so much time in planning and reviewing! It's amazing how much clearer I can organize my time now that everything is simplified.

Does anyone else use a shortened scheduling method or have tips for streamlining daily plans?

That's a great way to keep things concise and manageable! I especially like how you've kept the focus on essential information only. It's so easy for detailed schedules to become overwhelming and counterproductive.

I use a similar method with my weekly review: instead of a lengthy checklist, I jot down 3-5 key objectives for the week ahead, ensuring they are specific but high level. This gives me an instant snapshot of what matters most without getting bogged down in minutiae.

It's encouraging to see how effectively you're organizing your time!

That's a great way to keep things concise and manageable! I especially like how you've kept the focus on essential information only. It's so easy for detailed schedules to become overwhelming and counterproductive.

I use a similar method with my weekly review: instead of a lengthy checklist, I jot down 3-5 key objectives for the week ahead, ensuring they are specific but high level. This gives me an instant snapshot of what matters most without getting bogged down in minutiae.

It's encouraging to see how effectively you're organizing your time!
My schedule must adapt to my needs as a working mum. No time for needless intricacies! I'm glad you agree that the focus on essential info keeps things from getting daunting.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
My schedule must adapt to my needs as a working mum. No time for needless intricacies! I'm glad you agree that the focus on essential info keeps things from getting daunting.
That's right! Simplified scheduling is a must for busy mums like ourselves who have better things to do than decipher complicated timelines. It's reassuring to know we're on the same page regarding streamlining our time!

I'm happy to share some of my quick fixes for keeping an organised schedule without the hassle:
1. Use a visual calendar - A large white board with coloured magnets marking key events is easy to glance at and keep updated.
2. Keep a compact planner - A small, concise physical calendar that fits into your purse for on-the-go scheduling.
3. Digital reminders - Set notifications on your phone for immediate alerts, but also add key dates to your email calendar for future reference.

What's your current system, and are there any areas you'd like to streamline further? I've got more hacks up my sleeve!

I currently use a combination of methods from your quick-fix trio! I utilize digital reminders for immediate alerts, but find that having a physical copy is comforting and sometimes necessary without phone reception.

I've been thinking of trying something a little more compact and visually appealing - I'm eyeing up those cute printed mini calendars with plenty of writing space for notes that you can carry in your pocket. I feel like the visual aspect would really help me plan ahead and make sure nothing slips through the cracks! I also like the idea of colour-coding different events, which is super motivating when you're able to glance over your week.

Any suggestions for fun, functional mini-planners that are durable and don't break the bank? I'd love some more ideas about how best to utilize them too - I'm thinking post-it notes, cute stickers, anything to make the experience more enjoyable!

I recently got a mini planner from Typo - it's about 4x6 inches and has plenty of space to write! Each day has a little box you can fill out, with several lines for notes, and there's even a small pocket at the back for receipts or bits of paper you want to keep.

I like your idea of using coloured pens/highlighters to make it look pretty and make certain events pop. You could even use washi tape to decorate the edges of the pages - it'll make everything more fun without obscuring any important info!

Stickers would also be a cute way to jazz things up; you could get some with your favourite characters or cute designs to match the theme of the month, and they're often inexpensive. Perhaps sticky notes in different shapes too, for added variety!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Ooh nice! I like the idea of a mini planner - it's a great size to toss into your bag and have on the go. And there's so many ways you can make it fun and personalised without it feeling same-y!

The decorating options are endless - washi tape, stickers, even stamps! You could pick up some cute shaped sticky notes, or even make your own with a puncher. I like the idea of matching themes too - maybe seasonal, or based on favourite characters/colours.

It's also a great way to add some creativity and make mundane planning a bit more fun. I'm going to give it a go and see how long I can keep up the decor!

I love the decorating idea - it adds a personal touch and makes planning fun! There's something satisfying about sprucing up the pages, especially with so many adorable stationeries out there. I'm thinking of doing a monthly theme too and seeing how creative I can get within that time frame. It's an exciting challenge!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm and nature
Monthly themes are such a fun idea! And it gives you a chance to really explore different styles and aesthetics without getting overwhelmed. Plus, the stationeries these days are just too cute! It's definitely an exciting challenge and a wonderful way to add some creativity into your planning.

Themes help break up the month into manageable sections which helps with planning, especially if you're a stationery junkie! It's easier to approach shorter time periods too so it's a win-win situation all round!

Reactions: lioness
Themes help break up the month into manageable sections which helps with planning, especially if you're a stationery junkie! It's easier to approach shorter time periods too so it's a win-win situation all round!
Yes! Having themes for each week or even for shorter periods helps to make goal setting more fun and manageable. Stationery makes everything better anyway!

Themes could also help with deciding on the tasks to prioritize within the shortened schedules - especially if there's an overarching, motivating theme to unite it all! And yes - who doesn't love some nice stationery to get you in the goal-setting mood?!

Reactions: eternity
Themes could also help with deciding on the tasks to prioritize within the shortened schedules - especially if there's an overarching, motivating theme to unite it all! And yes - who doesn't love some nice stationery to get you in the goal-setting mood?!
I'm thinking some cool, motivational themes like 'Adventures awaited' could make planning shorter periods seem more exciting. There's so much that can be done with art supplies and a creative mindset!

Themes are a fun way to spin the mundane act of planning into an adventure! It adds a layer of excitement and creativity to the process. I'm picturing some kind of scavenger hunt theme, where each day has a different challenge or focus. That could be a fun twist and get the creative juices flowing!

Themes would definitely spice things up and make planning more enjoyable! The scavenger hunt idea is awesome - each day could have a different location focus, almost like an adventure packed mystery to solve. A themed challenge each day could also encourage some friendly competition and keep morale high.

Themes would add so much fun! Having a different location focus each day like a scavenger hunt is an amazing idea! It's an encouraging way to explore new places and keep the trip exciting. Challenges with a friendly competition edge and some mystery to boot will definitely keep everyone's spirits high.

Themes would add so much fun! Having a different location focus each day like a scavenger hunt is an amazing idea! It's an encouraging way to explore new places and keep the trip exciting. Challenges with a friendly competition edge and some mystery to boot will definitely keep everyone's spirits high.
It certainly sounds like a thrilling way to explore new locations, keeping the vacation filled with excitement and mystery. Themes could be a creative twist to engage participants and keep their spirits up.

Reactions: mamamia
It certainly sounds like a thrilling way to explore new locations, keeping the vacation filled with excitement and mystery. Themes could be a creative twist to engage participants and keep their spirits up.
Yeah, it's an innovative approach to family travels, a fun way to break free from conventional schedules. The kids will especially enjoy the surprise elements and the adventurous spirit of it all.

Yeah, it's an innovative approach to family travels, a fun way to break free from conventional schedules. The kids will especially enjoy the surprise elements and the adventurous spirit of it all.
Yes, I agree! Surprise adventures are exciting, especially for curious and adventurous kids who are always up for some fun and excitement.

Spontaneous adventures are the best! They foster curiosity and open the door to unexpected delights - you never know what you'll discover around the corner. Kids' imaginations can run wild with the possibilities, keeping them engaged and entertained.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu