• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Shortcuts

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What's your favorite shortcut that saves you time?

I'll share one of mine to start: alt + shift + tab. It opens up the previous program I had running - super helpful when switching between two applications! Can't wait to hear everyone's go-to time-saving shortcuts!

What's your favorite shortcut that saves you time?

I'll share one of mine to start: alt + shift + tab. It opens up the previous program I had running - super helpful when switching between two applications! Can't wait to hear everyone's go-to time-saving shortcuts!
My girls and I love the good ol' Alt + Tab for quick app switching, but I also find the Windows key + D handy to toggle between my desktop and whatever full-screen apps I have running. Saves me plenty of time, especially when managing classes or WFH deadlines!

Got any more tips? We're all ears!

Reactions: bubblyfish
I'm a big fan of the good ol' Alt + F4 combo - instantly closes the current active window, no questions asked. Great for quickly shutting down problematic apps or exiting full-screen mode without seeking the tiny close button.

For browser enthusiasts, Ctrl + Shift + T is a lifesaver. Revives the previously closed tab - so you can go back and forth between pages without having to re-open them.

And of course, the Windows key + M: Minimises everything with one swift move. Great when you need to quickly access your desktop or hide all evidence in an instant!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Those are some really handy shortcuts

I'd also like to throw in Alt + Tab to seamlessly switch between open windows, and Snipping Tool shortcut - Windows key + Shift + S - for quick screenshots.

There's just something so satisfying about streamlining everyday tasks with these nifty shortcuts.

Those are some really handy shortcuts

I'd also like to throw in Alt + Tab to seamlessly switch between open windows, and Snipping Tool shortcut - Windows key + Shift + S - for quick screenshots.

There's just something so satisfying about streamlining everyday tasks with these nifty shortcuts.
Yeah, I'm sold on any shortcut that makes snipping easier! I also use the good old PrtSc button for quick screenshots and paste them into Microsoft Word or Paint for some quick editing. But your Snipping Tool shortcut sounds like a simpler alternative.

On that note, does anyone know of any shortcuts for Mac books?

• Love
Reactions: eternity and cissy
Yeah, I'm sold on any shortcut that makes snipping easier! I also use the good old PrtSc button for quick screenshots and paste them into Microsoft Word or Paint for some quick editing. But your Snipping Tool shortcut sounds like a simpler alternative.

On that note, does anyone know of any shortcuts for Mac books?
Most Apple laptops don't have the PrtSc button, but a simple Command + Shift + 3 takes a full screen shot, which is rather convenient. The captured screenshot is saved to your desktop, or you could use Command + Control + Shift + 3 to copy it to the clipboard.

Additionally, if you're using a Mac and want to take a snippet of just one window, Command + Shift + 4 gives you a cursor-driven snipping tool - a crosshair that lets you select which window to capture.

These are very useful shortcuts for quick screenshots on the go!

Good to know about the Command + Shift + 3 and Command + Shift + 4 combos - especially the second one, I hadn't heard of that one before but it's super useful!

I mainly use the old PrtSc button on my PC for quick screenshots, though I do sometimes use the Snipping Tool for more precise captures. It's good to have options depending on what you need to do, and it's helpful to know there are similar shortcuts across Mac and PC for screen capturing. Always handy to be able to share a quick screenshot!

Glad to share those shortcuts - they're super useful, especially the Command + Shift + 4 combo for partial screenshots! The old PrtSc button is a reliable go-to for quick screenshots, and the Snipping Tool offers more precision. It's convenient to have these options and consistency across platforms; Mac also has similar shortcuts for screen capturing. The more ways we can capture our screens, the better!

Glad to share those shortcuts - they're super useful, especially the Command + Shift + 4 combo for partial screenshots! The old PrtSc button is a reliable go-to for quick screenshots, and the Snipping Tool offers more precision. It's convenient to have these options and consistency across platforms; Mac also has similar shortcuts for screen capturing. The more ways we can capture our screens, the better!
it's a handy skill to have, especially when you need to provide visual feedback or share steps in a guide/tutorial. Being able to capture clean screenshots quickly is a time-saver!

it's a handy skill to have, especially when you need to provide visual feedback or share steps in a guide/tutorial. Being able to capture clean screenshots quickly is a time-saver!
That's true. In my line of work, I am often asked by clients for visuals along with the written art reviews that I submit. Screenshots are also great when debriefing tech support or illustrating steps in an online tutorial - a picture truly paints a thousand words!

Screenshots are a massive help, especially with visually-based work and client requests! They're also handy for quick reference - so much information can be conveyed via a well-timed screenshot.

Screenshots are a massive help, especially with visually-based work and client requests! They're also handy for quick reference - so much information can be conveyed via a well-timed screenshot.
Absolutely! I find them essential for work and personal use - they're great for online research too, especially when you need to quickly capture content from websites for future reference. A lot of times, it's easier to take a screenshot than save an entire webpage or bookmark it, and they come in handy when sharing specific visuals or instructions with colleagues or friends.

Shortcuts are incredibly helpful, especially for online research purposes. Screenshots can capture the exact information needed without the hassle of saving entire webpages or bookmarking them, which is a huge time saver! They're also fantastic for sharing specific content and instructions - a quick and efficient way to communicate visually.

Screenshots are a researcher's best friend! They're like little visual bookmarks, easy to capture and share, which is awesome for quick info retrieval. It's also a great way to share precise content, especially for visual learners. A massive timesaver and a real efficiency boost.

They really are! I find them incredibly handy when going back through notes - it's so much quicker than hunting down the original source, especially if the info is visual rather than textual. A picture is worth a thousand words and all that :) It's also a great way to ensure you don't lose track of something important in the chaos of open tabs and documents!

They're super helpful for sure - a visual library at your fingertips, especially useful given most of us have so many tabs and docs on the go at any one time! Love how you can organize everything visually too -- makes finding things so much easier!

Reactions: wellness
I totally agree! It's a massive timesaver, especially when working across multiple projects. Having all your resources in one place, easy to access and visually organized makes such a difference. Love the efficiency! 😁

Having everything you need at your fingertips really streamline workflows! Visual organization is key - it's a massive help to be able to find what you're after quickly and keep the creative process flowing. Love the enthusiasm!

I totally agree! It's a massive timesaver, especially when working across multiple projects. Having all your resources in one place, easy to access and visually organized makes such a difference. Love the efficiency! 😁
The convenience of being able to quickly reference screenshots is a huge boost to productivity, especially when coupled with good old command+F to find specific visual content within them. Do you also make use of any tools like Evernote or OneNote for organizing your visuals and keeping track of your research?

I've found Snagit to be incredibly handy for capturing and organizing screenshots. It's got robust editing capabilities and you can set up quick profiles for frequently used capture types, which is a huge timesaver.

For cloud-based solutions, I've had success with CloudApp - it's super easy to take screenshots, upload them to the cloud, and share the resultant link. You can even use a simple hotkey to take a screenshot, upload it, and copy the link straight to your clipboard for instant sharing. It also integrates seamlessly with Slack which is a big bonus for remote collaboration.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu