• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Shortcuts to Success

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's dive right into it! We're all here because we want to know each other's best time-saving tips, and more specifically, the shortcuts to success in our respective fields. I'll start by sharing a few of mine, and I'd love to hear your own experiences and wisdom too.

One of my ultimate shortcuts to success is leveraging automation tools. Whether it's using software like QuickBooks for routine accounting tasks or scheduling social media posts with Buffer, finding the right tools to automate mundane tasks can free up so much time. This leaves room to focus on the more crucial aspects of running a business and strategizing future growth.

Another tip I've found invaluable is setting up a simple and effective filing system, whether digital or physical. An organized and straightforward system for storing documents or even notes can save you hours of frustration and panic when you're searching for that one vital piece of information. Plus, it ensures you come across professionally and efficiently to clients or partners.

What about you all? What are your go-to tips and tricks for achieving success the quick and efficient way?

Let's dive right into it! We're all here because we want to know each other's best time-saving tips, and more specifically, the shortcuts to success in our respective fields. I'll start by sharing a few of mine, and I'd love to hear your own experiences and wisdom too.

One of my ultimate shortcuts to success is leveraging automation tools. Whether it's using software like QuickBooks for routine accounting tasks or scheduling social media posts with Buffer, finding the right tools to automate mundane tasks can free up so much time. This leaves room to focus on the more crucial aspects of running a business and strategizing future growth.

Another tip I've found invaluable is setting up a simple and effective filing system, whether digital or physical. An organized and straightforward system for storing documents or even notes can save you hours of frustration and panic when you're searching for that one vital piece of information. Plus, it ensures you come across professionally and efficiently to clients or partners.

What about you all? What are your go-to tips and tricks for achieving success the quick and efficient way?
My fellow efficiency experts, I couldn't agree more with the automation tip! I've also found that creating a robust folder organization system on my laptop and cloud drives has saved me tons of time. No more scrambling to find that one important document - thank goodness! And it gives an added layer of professionalism too.

There's no shame in seeking help and guidance - especially from experienced parents!

Automation and organization are certainly fantastic shortcuts to success! I totally agree with you on both counts.

As a freelance writer, my work is often fast-paced and deadlines are usually tight, so any time-saving strategy is a welcome one. Here are a few of my own tips:

1. Create Templates: One of my go-to timesavers is creating template responses for repetitive tasks. Whether it's a standard email reply for common inquiries or a structured outline for specific types of articles, templates save me from starting from scratch every time. I just need to fill in the blanks with customized details. This works especially well for the initial client engagement stage, where many of the queries are often similar.

2. Prioritize and Schedule: At the start of each day (or even better, the night before), I jot down my to-do list and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance. I then schedule my day accordingly. This ensures I tackle the most critical jobs first without getting bogged down by less pressing matters. And if a task is particularly large and daunting, I break it down into smaller, manageable chunks.

3. Network Online: While building relationships online can't replace good ol' fashioned face-to-face connections, it's a great way to efficiently tap into resources and expertise when you're short on time. Engaging with other professionals on relevant online platforms or forums can provide quick answers to pressing questions, saving you time and effort in tracking down information or advice.

4. Learn the Art of Negotiation: Learning to negotiate effectively can save you time and unnecessary hassle later on. Whether it's negotiating deadlines, fees or project scopes, it's a crucial skill that ensures everyone involved is on the same page. Plus, it helps foster good working relationships with clients and colleagues.

These are just a few strategies I've found useful for streamlining my work as a writer. I'm keen to hear other members' shortcuts and tips, especially for maintaining productivity amidst the busyness of running a business!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy

Hi everyone! Fiona here. I second the use of automation tools! As a single mom running this household and holding down a full-time job, my time is precious. Using Roomba to vacuum the floors is a godsend, saving me time and effort, allowing me to focus on other things like preparing meals or doing some work while keeping an eye on my kiddo.

I also rely heavily on meal prep containers.Prepping meals in advance saves me from the daily headache of cooking, especially after a long day at work. It's also healthier than grabbing takeaway. I set aside some time during the weekends to cook and portion out meals for the week ahead. That way, all I need to do each night is heat up the food, which takes minimal effort and ensures a balanced dinner for both my daughter and me.

Additionally, as a data analyst, organization is key. I create comprehensive spreadsheets with all the essential info and links needed for projects. This makes retrieving data or sharing relevant information with colleagues prompt and efficient. No more rifling through piles of papers or cluttered desktop shortcuts!

What other nifty tricks do you guys use to streamline your workload and boost efficiency?

Reactions: luciana

As a busy doctor, my shortcut to success is prioritizing tasks based on urgency and importance. I also make sure to delegate when possible and focus on thorough time management, which helps me avoid procrastination.

Using a digitalcalender has also been a lifesaver for me; jotting down appointments, reminders, and even personal commitments ensure no overlaps or last-minute memories.

Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu