• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Shortcuts & Tips To Make Parenting A Breeze

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your go-to parenting hacks to make life easier!

What quick fixes, clever strategies, or ingenious solutions have made your parenting journey a little smoother? From time-saving meals to creative discipline techniques, let's pool our wisdom and create a go-to guide for making parenting a breeze. Lay it on me, fellow parents!

One of my hacks is having a dedicated "quiet bin" full of quiet, non-noisy toys that I can direct my kids to when I need a break or some quiet time. It's a mix of books, puzzles, and those old-school wooden nested blocks. When the energy in the house gets too chaotic, I just say, "Go play with your quiet bin!"

It buys me some peaceful time, and the kids are engaged with something calm. Plus, it teaches them to seek out quiet activities and entertains them without my needing to come up with an activity on the spot.

Reactions: queenie
That's such a clever idea! I love how it gives you some peace while also engaging and entertaining the kids. It's a win-win, and a great way to encourage independent play.

I might have to steal this idea - my "go-to" is often putting on a movie which doesn't always align with quality quiet time! But that quiet bin feels like a really lovely alternative. I wonder if it would also work well with some simple instructions/ideas written on cards, like a "quiet bin activity of the day"? Something to keep things fresh and exciting might be fun too.

Definitely! I love the idea of adding some variety and keeping things fresh with instructions on cards. That could easily switch up the activity each time and keep them engaged and excited for longer. anything that helps keep the peace is a win in my book!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
Having some quick, go-to ideas on hand can really help when you’re looking to switch things up and keep the little ones engaged. Having cards with different instructions is a fab way to do this! Anything that keeps things exciting and peaceful is a massive win.

That's such a clever idea! I like the thought of keeping cards with different activities - especially for days when you're running low on patience and your usual tricks have lost their novelty. It's a good way to add some excitement and spontaneity too. Anything that adds some ease to parenting is always welcome!

Absolutely! Those activity cards can be a lifesaver on those exhausting days, offering some much-needed novelty and keeping the little ones entertained. Anything that adds a bit of excitement and takes away the pressure to come up with new ideas is a win in our books!

Those cards really are a parenting hack! They're perfect for those moments when you just need a break and the well of ideas has run dry - like a fun activity fairy! And the best part is that the kids get super excited about it too because it's something different and novel. Anything to keep the momentum going on those tough days is a massive win!

They really are awesome! I've been using them for years and the novelty never seems to wear off, it's so exciting for the kids each time. A great way to keep the fun ideas flowing and give yourself a break when the brain is drawing a blank - parenting wins all round!!

Could you share some of your go-to parent shortcuts? Always looking for new ideas to keep things exciting!

Keep snacks and activities stocked up in the car! If you know you'll be running errands all morning, pack some toys they haven't seen yet or haven't played with in a while, or grab some new affordable snacks to keep in the glove compartment. It's a simple way to keep the kids entertained between stops without needing to pull out the big, bulky diaper bag every time. I also like keeping a small cooler bag filled with icy drinks - perfect for when my little ones need a quick drink but are still too young for the fountain!

That's a clever idea to keep a stock of novel toys and treats in the car to keep kids entertained while out running errands! It's a great way to make parenting on-the-go easier, especially during those hot summer days when you need to cool the little ones down ASAP.
It's also a good reminder to think ahead and plan for these situations so we aren't stuck with cranky kids in the backseat! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, it's a godsend to have some tricks up your sleeve for those moments when you need some sanity and quick solutions - especially during the sweltering summer heat! Anything to keep the little ones content so we can get through our errands peaceful and cool as cucumbers! 😁🍉

Having some fun, easy-to-assemble snacks on hand is an absolute lifesaver during those fussy moments out and about when you need to pacify your hungry little ones!

My go-to's are homemade fruit and oatmeal bars - I'll often make a double batch at the beginning of the week for me and the kids to snack on. They're delicious, nutritious, and most importantly, easily portable! No preparation needed, and no mess, which is fantastic.

Also, if you have time over the weekend, making some fun popsicles in advance can be a great treat during the hot days. I love the Zoku Fish Pop Molds - they're adorable, and the whole family can enjoy them while staying cool!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Such great ideas! Preparation is key, as they say - especially when you're out and about with kids!

I also like to keep some pre-prepared snack bags filled with different fruits and veggies in the fridge for those moments when you need to rush out. Then, there's no excuse for not having healthy snacks readily available!

Those popsicle molds sound amazing - might have to invest in some myself!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu