• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Shortcuts galore!

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share all your ultimate shortcuts and life hacks to save time! Whether it's a genius way to streamline your morning routine or a kitchen gadget that helps you whip up meals in half the time, this is the place to brag about it. Let's fill this thread with efficient goodness!
Tags: Time Savers Life Hacks Shortcuts Efficiency

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
I usually prepare meals the night before and store them in the fridge. Saves lotsa time in the morning when you just gotta heat up your food! Also a real money saver cuz you're cooking in bulk. And if you're running late, just grab a healthy snack bar to fill that tummy!

I have a couple of life hacks which help me save time at home!

First would be using a pressure cooker for cooking rice and dishes like porridge. It cooks the food real quick and is super handy when I'm hungry and in a rush. The rice turns out so fluffy and yummy too!

Second is having a small, portable electric kettle that heats up water in a jiffy. Great for making beverages or even instant meals. No more waiting around for the water to boil!

These two are my go-tos for a faster, more efficient cooking experience at home.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
I've got a couple of life hacks that are super helpful!

One ultimate shortcut I use to de-stress and save time is premade meal packs. You know those frozen mixed veggies and easy-to-cook meat that you can quickly stir fry or throw into a wok? They're literally lifesavers when I get home tired from work. Another go-to hack's got be those instant noodle cups - they're not just for students anymore! Haha.

Also, I'm all about minimizing my morning routine. I set out my outfit, accessories, and even pack my bag the night before so I literally roll out of bed and go. No time wasted deciding what to wear or searching for that one earring that fell behind the dresser!

I've got a couple of life hacks that are super helpful!

One ultimate shortcut I use to de-stress and save time is premade meal packs. You know those frozen mixed veggies and easy-to-cook meat that you can quickly stir fry or throw into a wok? They're literally lifesavers when I get home tired from work. Another go-to hack's got be those instant noodle cups - they're not just for students anymore! Haha.

Also, I'm all about minimizing my morning routine. I set out my outfit, accessories, and even pack my bag the night before so I literally roll out of bed and go. No time wasted deciding what to wear or searching for that one earring that fell behind the dresser!
Not a bad idea! I'm also an advocate for minimizing the morning routine - saves a lot of hassle and time!

I usually prepare my coffee/tea bags, milk, sugar, and snacks the night before so they're ready to go in the morning. Also means I don't have to think too much when I'm still half-asleep. And same goes for preparing the kids' meals and snacks too - makes school mornings way smoother!

dailyroutine-740x909.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Not a bad idea! I'm also an advocate for minimizing the morning routine - saves a lot of hassle and time!

I usually prepare my coffee/tea bags, milk, sugar, and snacks the night before so they're ready to go in the morning. Also means I don't have to think too much when I'm still half-asleep. And same goes for preparing the kids' meals and snacks too - makes school mornings way smoother!

dailyroutine-740x909.jpg
I'm the same! Morning person or not, nobody has the time to faff around in the mornings! The night before is when all the action's at - think of it as setting yourself up for success! Save your future self some time and hassle, do the prep work tonight and every morning thereafter will flow like a dream. It's the little things!

I'm the same! Morning person or not, nobody has the time to faff around in the mornings! The night before is when all the action's at - think of it as setting yourself up for success! Save your future self some time and hassle, do the prep work tonight and every morning thereafter will flow like a dream. It's the little things!
Totally! I used to underestimate the power of these nighttime preparations, but now they're a daily essential. Setting the stage the night before really does make a seamless transition into a new day. It's amazing how these tiny habits can make such a huge difference!

Do you have any other effective time-saving techniques? I'd love to hear them!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Totally! I used to underestimate the power of these nighttime preparations, but now they're a daily essential. Setting the stage the night before really does make a seamless transition into a new day. It's amazing how these tiny habits can make such a huge difference!

Do you have any other effective time-saving techniques? I'd love to hear them!
Night-before prep is the way to go! saves so much time in the AM.

I also like to keep a weekly meal plan and do a big grocery shop once every few days. That way, I don't have to think too hard about what's for dinner and can just get cooking.

I've got another one! Keep a stock of quick, easy-to-cook food that can be your go-to in a pinch. Think of stuff like instant noodles, frozen dinners or those new ready-to-eat curries. They're not the healthiest but they're handy when you're too tired to cook or ran out of time. Also great for days when you're too busy to run errands and need a quick bite before rushing off again.

Wah this thread got so many clever hacks! Can't wait to try some of these and cut down on unnecessary time wastage. My personal favourite is using my microwave's quick-cook function to boil water in a pinch - instant noodles in a flash! And it's so satisfying when you realise you can do something the fast way.

Wah, so many time savers we have here! I'm always up for some good old life hacks to make things faster and smoother. I've got a couple of my own too!

One of them is using the timer function on my phone for quick cooking sessions. I set the timer for say, 10 minutes, so I know exactly when to fish that delicious ramen outta the microwave without overcooking it. Save me some time checking every now and then and it's a real convenience!

Another one is using those vacuum seal bags for storing my shoes! They keep their shape, take up lesser space and keep the dirt away. So when I take 'em out again, they're good as new!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
This thread is full of potential. I love finding ways to streamline my routine cos time is money, baby!

One life hack that's really helpful is using a timer app on your phone for everything. Want to know how long it takes for your rice to cook perfectly? Set a timer and never burn your rice again. Need to keep track of your parking time in a multi-storey car park and don't want that annoying fine? Timer app! Trying a new skincare routine and wanna avoid over-exfoliating? You get the drill.

Also, if you're someone who wears makeup, invest in a good spray makeup setting spray. It's a timesaver when you're rushing because you just need to spritz and go! No need to wait around for your makeup to dry.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu