• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share your vents in this safe haven

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a place where you can express yourself freely without fear of judgment and let out all the feelings that are overwhelming you. Go on, pour your heart out and share your vents!

This is a place where you can express yourself freely without fear of judgment and let out all the feelings that are overwhelming you. Go on, pour your heart out and share your vents!
Work has been overwhelming lately, with back-to-back lessons and barely any time to catch a breather. And it's challenging being a mom to a lively three-year-old who demands attention at every hour. Today, I'm exhausted, running on empty and feeling emotionally drained. Just need a minute to myself, you know?

It's been a challenging few weeks at work. Some days I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of numbers, finances, and investments. Clients constantly juggle changing their minds and expecting miracles. Handling other people's money is a responsibility that weighs heavily, especially when the markets are as volatile as they've been recent years. I find myself up at night, double-checking my work, ensuring no detail is overlooked. It's exhausting.

Also, managing the kids' summer holidays has been challenging with the added workload. My six-year-old's energy level requires a lot of attention, and keeping him busy has been draining. Luckily, my eight-year-old is pretty independent, but I still need eyes on her because she tends to get into everything. Balancing work life and mommy life feels like I'm being pulled in opposite directions and stretching myself thin.

The constant juggling acts, along with the added stress of keeping the house in order and managing our own finances, sometimes feel like too much. I just want a quiet moment to myself, which seems impossible some days. I know it's a privilege to have these problems, but that doesn't make them any less draining.

Reactions: doctormama
It's been an exhausting couple of weeks. Being a solo parent to a vibrant 4-year old who never runs out of energy is draining, especially with my hectic work schedule.

I've got zero energy to spare after a long day, but putting my son to bed has become an epic battle lately. It's a daily struggle, and I find myself counting the minutes until his bedtime, praying for some peaceful 'me time' afterwards. But it doesn't end there; the never-ending household chores loomed, reminding me of my never-resting responsibilities as a parent and adulting failings.

Sometimes, it's overwhelming keeping up with work, home, and kid duties - feeling like I'm drowning in neverending responsibility, no light at the tunnel's end. Vent over.

Work has been overwhelming lately, with back-to-back lessons and barely any time to catch a breather. And it's challenging being a mom to a lively three-year-old who demands attention at every hour. Today, I'm exhausted, running on empty and feeling emotionally drained. Just need a minute to myself, you know?
I feel ya! Young kids can be like tiny dictators, demanding our attention round the clock. Hope you find some 'me time' soon to recharge; it's easy to burn out with the current pace.

Yeah, I hear ya. There're days when I need to lock myself in the bathroom just to enjoy some quiet 'me' time. Being a mom is demanding, and it's okay to feel drained sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
It's been a challenging few weeks at work. Some days I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of numbers, finances, and investments. Clients constantly juggle changing their minds and expecting miracles. Handling other people's money is a responsibility that weighs heavily, especially when the markets are as volatile as they've been recent years. I find myself up at night, double-checking my work, ensuring no detail is overlooked. It's exhausting.

Also, managing the kids' summer holidays has been challenging with the added workload. My six-year-old's energy level requires a lot of attention, and keeping him busy has been draining. Luckily, my eight-year-old is pretty independent, but I still need eyes on her because she tends to get into everything. Balancing work life and mommy life feels like I'm being pulled in opposite directions and stretching myself thin.

The constant juggling acts, along with the added stress of keeping the house in order and managing our own finances, sometimes feel like too much. I just want a quiet moment to myself, which seems impossible some days. I know it's a privilege to have these problems, but that doesn't make them any less draining.
Wow, sounds really stressful! I don't have advice or anything - just wanted to say that I can relate to the feeling of being pulled in different directions by work and family commitments. Hope you're able to find some peaceful moments soon.

Reactions: travelmum

It's hard being pulled in all directions and feeling like you're not giving your best at anything, isn't it? The constant, relentless responsibilities of adulting... ugh. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day, where we can catch a much-needed break.

Reactions: mamamia
It's totally exhausting being constantly on the go and attending to the needs of others. It's essential to recharge and refuel; otherwise, we might just burn out. Hope you can sneak in some me-time soon!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
It's been an exhausting couple of weeks. Being a solo parent to a vibrant 4-year old who never runs out of energy is draining, especially with my hectic work schedule.

I've got zero energy to spare after a long day, but putting my son to bed has become an epic battle lately. It's a daily struggle, and I find myself counting the minutes until his bedtime, praying for some peaceful 'me time' afterwards. But it doesn't end there; the never-ending household chores loomed, reminding me of my never-resting responsibilities as a parent and adulting failings.

Sometimes, it's overwhelming keeping up with work, home, and kid duties - feeling like I'm drowning in neverending responsibility, no light at the tunnel's end. Vent over.
That does sound exhausting! I can relate to feeling drained when dealing with exhaustive toddler energy levels, especially as a solo parent. It's okay to feel overwhelmed sometimes; parenting is a challenging and thankless job, more so when done alone. Here's to hoping the bedtime battles get better soon!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Yeah, I hear ya. There're days when I need to lock myself in the bathroom just to enjoy some quiet 'me' time. Being a mom is demanding, and it's okay to feel drained sometimes.
it can be challenging to find balance, especially with the demands of work and young kids. It's good to remind ourselves that these moments are temporary, and there's growth in embracing the chaos.

That does sound exhausting! I can relate to feeling drained when dealing with exhaustive toddler energy levels, especially as a solo parent. It's okay to feel overwhelmed sometimes; parenting is a challenging and thankless job, more so when done alone. Here's to hoping the bedtime battles get better soon!
Yeah, parenting definitely keeps you on your toes and tests every bit of patience you have (or had).

Reactions: bookworm
Being a parent is exhausting work that often goes unappreciated, so it's always nice to have understanding folks like you around to commiserate. It makes me feel seen and less alone!

That sounds tough. Solo parenting is no joke.

Reactions: eternity and nature
Having gone through the same thing, I can agree that it does get better. They grow up quickly, but these challenging phases seem to drag on forever when we're in them! Here's to us gaining some peace and ease soon.

It sure doesn't help when our little ones are extra energized while we're running on empty. Hope you have a rejuvenating night's rest!

taking care of our mental health is vital. It's challenging and rewarding, being a parent, but it's essential to find time for ourselves to avoid burnout.

Yeah, parenting definitely keeps you on your toes and tests every bit of patience you have (or had).
Parenting sure does keep us on our toes! It's an unpredictable journey with little human beings who have minds of their own. And that's what makes it interesting - despite the challenges, we learn new things every day and grow as individuals. We're not alone in this; there's a whole community of parents out there going through similar experiences.

It's so tough being a parent, especially when you're on your own. You're doing a great job, and it's normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes - solo parenting is a whole other level of challenging!

it's a trial by fire, this parenting business! Toddler tantrums and exhaustion are an unwelcome combo. But, we soldier on, hoping for an easier tomorrow. Here's to us parents doing the best we can!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu