• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Users shared their achievements and successes on the thread happyfeet created to celebrate wins big and small. These accomplishments range from starting fitness journeys and overhauling wardrobes, to securing new roles after tough job hunts, increasing side hustles income, achieving long-term savings goals, visiting one's alma mater, and passing driving tests. There were also smaller but equally meaningful successes, like decluttering spaces and learning how to ride a bicycle as an adult - all of which bring a sense of accomplishment and joy to the individuals involved. The thread encourages everyone to share their successes, find inspiration in others' achievements, and celebrate life's victories together.

Let's share our big wins, small wins, and everything in between! Whether it's overcoming obstacles, achieving personal milestones, or witnessing progress in your journey - this is the place to celebrate. Share your stories, let's cheer each other on, and be inspired! What's your success today?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Wah, such a humble and uplifting thread! I'm so game for this!

So, I recently started exercising regularly and making healthier food choices. Been going for evening walks almost daily and doing some simple at-home workouts - it's been three weeks now and I haven't skipped a day yet! Also been trying to eat more veggies and cut down on deep-fried stuff. Not gonna lie, it hasn't been easy, but I'm feeling pretty good about it so far! This week, I even started running at the park near my place. Ran three times already! It's a small win, but I'm proud that I'm sticking with it. I usually give up on these things pretty fast, so this feels kinda new and exciting!

Reactions: queenie
Well, today I finally got around to doing something I've been putting off for ages – overhauling my wardrobe! Threw out loads of old clothes that were just collecting dust and taking up space. It feels great to have a more curated selection of outfits now!

Well, today I finally got around to doing something I've been putting off for ages – overhauling my wardrobe! Threw out loads of old clothes that were just collecting dust and taking up space. It feels great to have a more curated selection of outfits now!
Wah, that's awesome! I've been wanting to do a major wardrobe spring clean too but keep procrastinating. You're right; it feels so good to have a curated selection of outfits. I always find that getting rid of old clothes actually improves my productivity - it's like decluttering my life haha.

Wah, that's awesome! I've been wanting to do a major wardrobe spring clean too but keep procrastinating. You're right; it feels so good to have a curated selection of outfits. I always find that getting rid of old clothes actually improves my productivity - it's like decluttering my life haha.
Yeah, I hear you there! Procrastination is really just an opportunity cost we impose on ourselves. Taking the first step is usually the hardest; now that the difficult part is done, maintaining a sleek wardrobe collection should be easier.

• Love
Reactions: musical
I finally finished my degree after 6 long years! It feels so good to have persevered and gotten over this hurdle even though there were many times I wanted to give up. To anyone reading this - don't let the difficulties deter you, keep pushing and the sense of achievement will be oh-so-sweet!

Reactions: wisdom
I finally managed to secure an offer for a new role after months of job hunting! It has definitely been a challenging journey but I'm really chuffed things are looking up. Can't wait to start the new gig and dive into a whole new world and skill set 😁🤩.

Yeah true that! I just got some awesome news myself! After months of searching, I finally found a new job that pays way more than my previous one! Can't wait to start the new role and dive into all the exciting projects!! 😁🤩
It's heartening to hear about everyone's achievements and how they've overcome challenges.

53784147816_8ef7a4933b_m.jpg

Yup, let's celebrate our successes, big or small!

Today, I'm happy to share that my side hustle is picking up! Started it as a little passion project, never thought it'd become a budding business. But here we are, and I'm pretty stoked about it!

Been putting in the hours and effort, slowly but surely growing my little venture. Not quite at full-time income yet, but it's looking promising and that's a huge encouragement!

My success today is finally getting my driving license after failing my practical test three times! It was such a relief because I thought I would never pass; it felt like the exam was cursed or something. But I stuck with it, and now I can finally drive!

I finally did it! Hit my long-term savings goal after three years of working towards it. Can't believe I achieved this milestone! It's like a weight off my shoulders cause now I have financial freedom and can breathe easier. Time to celebrate and then reevaluate and set a new goal!

I had the chance to return to my alma mater recently to give a career talk to the juniors. It felt great to share my experiences and learn about their aspirations! Being back at school brought back so many memories, and it was heartening to connect with the next generation of trailblazers. They kept asking questions too, which was awesome, and reminded me of my idealistic teenage self. I think everyone should go back to their old schools once in a while - there's something comforting about revisiting the places that shaped us!

Wah! Today i managed to secure three new clients for my small biz - all within a few hours man! Super grateful for the universe aligning stars like that - was able to cover the losses from last month and then some. Feeling super blessed and hoping this upward trajectory continues, but even if it doesn’t, i’m already very thankful for this week’s wins!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
My previous company was a toxic workplace so I left without having another job lined up. That was a risky move, but luckily, the universe aligned for me!

I had some saved funds, and networking coffee chats started landing me interviews. Then came the offer for a role that ticked many boxes, and here I am - so relieved and grateful!!

Yasss! Share our successes, why not!

Today's 'small win' is that I finally got around to doing something I've been putting off for ages - sorting out my wardrobe! It feels so good to have thrown out clothes that no longer fit and were just taking up space. Now everything is neat and organized, and it's easier to plan my outfits. It's like a weight lifted off my chest!

Wah! That's quite something! Must feel great to conquer that obstacle after some initial setbacks. Driving's a handy skill to have, and now the roads are your oyster!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Success comes in many forms! That’s a smart one - decluttering your wardrobe. It's a great feeling to get rid of unnecessary stuff and have things nice and tidy. I also find that it helps me appreciate the clothes I have more, especially the ones I love but didn't realize were hidden under all the other garments 😅.

Wah, so inspiring thread! Okay, let me share one thing that made me happy today. I finally managed to find the courage to start learning how to ride a bicycle at 24 years old! I know it's quite late and some might say it's not a big deal because they learnt it when they were young. But honestly, it's something I've always wanted to do and never really had the chance plus also quite scared I fall and hurt myself haha. Anyway, I'm glad I took that first step and went out today with the bike. The feeling of wind on my face while riding was so liberating! I'm excited for my next ride already!

Success is the key word here - feeling good about clearing out clutter, especially when it's been nagging at the back of our minds for so long. That sense of accomplishment is a real booster!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu