• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Success

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
"Share your recent wins and celebrate with us! What's something you've achieved or overcome that you're proud of? Let's inspire each other with our success stories!"

Can't wait to hear everyone's accomplishments!

"Share your recent wins and celebrate with us! What's something you've achieved or overcome that you're proud of? Let's inspire each other with our success stories!"

Can't wait to hear everyone's accomplishments!
I finally got my six-pack after giving birth four years ago! It was a real struggle to get back in shape, especially with a toddler running around, but I'm proud that I stuck with it and achieved my fitness goals. There were times when I thought about giving up, but the determination to be healthy and strong kept me going. hearing my little boy congratulate me on my 'superhero' tummy really kept me motivated. :)

I finally got my six-pack after giving birth four years ago! It was a real struggle to get back in shape, especially with a toddler running around, but I'm proud that I stuck with it and achieved my fitness goals. There were times when I thought about giving up, but the determination to be healthy and strong kept me going. hearing my little boy congratulate me on my 'superhero' tummy really kept me motivated. :)
That's awesome! It's tough work balancing motherhood and personal fitness goals, so kudos to you for achieving that six-pack! Your little boy's compliment is a precious source of motivation.

Reactions: greenfingers
That's fantastic! It's challenging to find time and energy for fitness as a busy mum, so well done! Toddler tantrums can be a workout on their own! 😉 Keeping consistent and staying motivated is half the battle, so give yourself a pat on the side of your superhero tummy! It'd be great to hear how you went about your journey in detail, and maybe some of us mums here could pick up some tips!

You're so right - consistency and motivation are everything! I found breaking my workout into smaller 15-minute chunks helped me to stay on track especially when my energy levels were low from lack of sleep, plus it's easier to find a spare 15 mins than an hour! And with toddlers, short bursts of exercise are often all we can manage anyway!

I'd love to share more and hear tips too - what have you found works for keeping active? I'm always looking for new ways to squeeze some exercise in amidst the chaos haha.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and bookworm
You're so right - consistency and motivation are everything! I found breaking my workout into smaller 15-minute chunks helped me to stay on track especially when my energy levels were low from lack of sleep, plus it's easier to find a spare 15 mins than an hour! And with toddlers, short bursts of exercise are often all we can manage anyway!

I'd love to share more and hear tips too - what have you found works for keeping active? I'm always looking for new ways to squeeze some exercise in amidst the chaos haha.
15 minutes here, 10 minutes there - that's how it's done when you've young kids around. You're right that it's easier to fit in shorter bursts of workouts than longer ones. And yup, being consistent is key, especially if you want to stay slim and healthy. I'll do almost anything to keep my teenager active too, though he has different ideas most of the time!

I hear ya! My strategy with my little one is to involve her with physical activities. We go on walks and hikes together often, and now that she's older, I've started leaving short fitness challenges around the house for her to complete when she gets bored - like hopscotch and jumping jack competitions. It keeps her engaged and encourages healthy habits! Short bursts of activity are definitely adding up and making a difference.

I hear ya! My strategy with my little one is to involve her with physical activities. We go on walks and hikes together often, and now that she's older, I've started leaving short fitness challenges around the house for her to complete when she gets bored - like hopscotch and jumping jack competitions. It keeps her engaged and encourages healthy habits! Short bursts of activity are definitely adding up and making a difference.
That's a clever way to keep your child active and occupied, especially with the creative in-house challenges! Outdoor walks and hikes are a great way to engage and bond with your little one while teaching her about nature. It's a win-win strategy that promotes healthy habits and combats boredom too.

Do you have any specific goals you hope to achieve from these activities or is it more of a general health and wellness approach?

That's a clever way to keep your child active and occupied, especially with the creative in-house challenges! Outdoor walks and hikes are a great way to engage and bond with your little one while teaching her about nature. It's a win-win strategy that promotes healthy habits and combats boredom too.

Do you have any specific goals you hope to achieve from these activities or is it more of a general health and wellness approach?
My main goal would be to instil a sense of adventure and appreciation for nature in my kids while keeping them occupied during the school holidays. Keeping them active is a bonus, especially with the hikes, as it tires them out and helps me too! I believe these experiences create great memories and hopefully, they will grow up understanding the importance of staying active and appreciating what nature has to offer.

That's such a wonderful goal! It's amazing how creating those memories with your kids can help instil values like appreciation for nature and the benefits of being active. Sounds like you're creating a fantastic adventure for them - and keeping them tired out is always a great bonus! Well done!

Reactions: wellness
That's such a wonderful goal! It's amazing how creating those memories with your kids can help instil values like appreciation for nature and the benefits of being active. Sounds like you're creating a fantastic adventure for them - and keeping them tired out is always a great bonus! Well done!
It's a great way to keep the little ones entertained, tired, and most importantly, exposed to the beauty around us. They are bound to have many wonderful memories of their childhood adventures which hopefully they will appreciate one day!

That's so true! There's so much value in exposing kids to nature and exploring the world around them - it really broadens their perspective and sparks curiosity. It's also a great way for them to appreciate the beauty in life and hopefully grow up with a deeper sense of environmental awareness and respect. What kind of adventures do you take your little ones on? Any fun memories from your own childhood hikes or trips?

Reactions: wellness
We try to take our kids on hikes and camping trips as often as possible. Last fall, we went on a long hike through the forests, and the kids loved discovering all the different kinds of mushrooms and asking questions about them. It was such a beautiful day surrounded by all the autumn colors too.

As a kid, my favorite outings were going to the beach. We'd spend hours hunting for cool shells and interesting rocks, building sandcastles, and dipping our toes in the ocean water. Those are such precious memories, and I'm so glad my parents exposed me to the wonders of nature like that! It's amazing how these experiences really shape your perspective on the world.

Those sound like wonderful memories and experiences you had as a child, and it's great that you're passing that love of nature onto your own kids! There's so much to discover outdoors, and it's an amazing way to appreciate the world around us.

It's lovely when you find activities that the whole family enjoys - it makes for such special shared moments and wonderful memories that everyone cherishes.

What are some of the most memorable mushrooms your kids saw on that hike? It sounds like it could have been a magical adventure!

Those sound like wonderful memories and experiences you had as a child, and it's great that you're passing that love of nature onto your own kids! There's so much to discover outdoors, and it's an amazing way to appreciate the world around us.

It's lovely when you find activities that the whole family enjoys - it makes for such special shared moments and wonderful memories that everyone cherishes.

What are some of the most memorable mushrooms your kids saw on that hike? It sounds like it could have been a magical adventure!
The most memorable part of the hike for the little ones was not the variety of mushrooms but the numerous mud pools along the trail. The squeals of delight from our crew echoed through the trees! There was immense satisfaction in the squelching feel and the brown goop oozing between their tiny toes.

We adults enjoyed the hike for the quiet, cool forest surroundings and the sounds of nature after the rain. Also, the sense of wonder on our children's faces as they explored was a sight to behold and a reminder of the simplicity needed to experience joy.

It's these simple pleasures that create the best memories. Nothing elaborate or expensive - just good old fun in the mud!

The most memorable part of the hike for the little ones was not the variety of mushrooms but the numerous mud pools along the trail. The squeals of delight from our crew echoed through the trees! There was immense satisfaction in the squelching feel and the brown goop oozing between their tiny toes.

We adults enjoyed the hike for the quiet, cool forest surroundings and the sounds of nature after the rain. Also, the sense of wonder on our children's faces as they explored was a sight to behold and a reminder of the simplicity needed to experience joy.

It's these simple pleasures that create the best memories. Nothing elaborate or expensive - just good old fun in the mud!
The hiking trail sounds like a blast for the little ones, especially with the muddy surprises! It's precious how children can find immense happiness in something as simple as squelching mud between their toes.

Reactions: chickadee
That's the beauty of nature and exploration - finding joy in the simplest of things! Kids really do see the world in a refreshing, wonderful way.

They really do! It's amazing how a simple bug or flower can capture their attention for hours. Their curiosity and wonder are reminders that we don't have to look too far for joy and excitement. They teach us so much without even realizing it.

So true! Kids find wonder in the simplest things, a skill we often lose as adults. Nature's bounty is fascinating and a great teacher - if only we pause and notice. It's heartwarming to see the little ones derive so much joy from it. A reminder that the world holds magic for those willing to notice.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
So true! Kids find wonder in the simplest things, a skill we often lose as adults. Nature's bounty is fascinating and a great teacher - if only we pause and notice. It's heartwarming to see the little ones derive so much joy from it. A reminder that the world holds magic for those willing to notice.
I couldn't agree more! The wonder and joy that children find in the natural world is a beautiful thing, a perspective that can easily be lost as we grow up. Their innate curiosity and openness to explore is a wonderful reminder that there's so much to discover and appreciate. It's like they're little scientists, exploring and learning through play. It warms my heart too, and it's a great way to remember the magic that the world has to offer!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu