• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Success

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to sharing our successes, big or small, and celebrating each other's achievements. Whether it's conquering a personal goal, landing that dream job, or finally launching your own business, we want to hear about it! Share your story, let's celebrate together, and inspire one another! What's your success tale?

This thread is dedicated to sharing our successes, big or small, and celebrating each other's achievements. Whether it's conquering a personal goal, landing that dream job, or finally launching your own business, we want to hear about it! Share your story, let's celebrate together, and inspire one another! What's your success tale?
I've finally reached a milestone in my writing career that I've been working towards these past few years. My debut novel was recently published and released into the world. Holding the physical copy in my hands for the first time felt so rewarding. It's been a long journey of self-doubt, perseverance, and determination. Sending queries to publishers, facing countless rejections, and believing in myself when others didn't know me or my work was tough.

But I'm grateful for the lessons learned along the way. Now, seeing readers enjoy and connect with my story makes every moment worth it. It's a proud feeling to see your vision and creativity come to life and find appreciation. Knowing that my words and imagination can evoke emotions and take readers on a journey is indescribable.

The process has also taught me valuable lessons in patience, resilience, and thick skin when dealing with criticism. Not everyone will like or appreciate your work, and learning to navigate this landscape gracefully has been an important skill to develop.

My success, therefore, is not just about achieving a dream but also about personal growth, perseverance, and the belief that with hard work, anything is possible. Learning to celebrate these small wins keeps me motivated for the next goal. Here's to many more writing victories, and I can't wait to hear everyone else's success stories too!

I've finally reached a milestone in my writing career that I've been working towards these past few years. My debut novel was recently published and released into the world. Holding the physical copy in my hands for the first time felt so rewarding. It's been a long journey of self-doubt, perseverance, and determination. Sending queries to publishers, facing countless rejections, and believing in myself when others didn't know me or my work was tough.

But I'm grateful for the lessons learned along the way. Now, seeing readers enjoy and connect with my story makes every moment worth it. It's a proud feeling to see your vision and creativity come to life and find appreciation. Knowing that my words and imagination can evoke emotions and take readers on a journey is indescribable.

The process has also taught me valuable lessons in patience, resilience, and thick skin when dealing with criticism. Not everyone will like or appreciate your work, and learning to navigate this landscape gracefully has been an important skill to develop.

My success, therefore, is not just about achieving a dream but also about personal growth, perseverance, and the belief that with hard work, anything is possible. Learning to celebrate these small wins keeps me motivated for the next goal. Here's to many more writing victories, and I can't wait to hear everyone else's success stories too!
That's fantastic! It's so encouraging to see your perseverance in an industry that can be so daunting! Have you always wanted to write a book or did the desire come later in life? And was there any specific genre or plot that you always envisioned for your debut novel, or did it take shape unexpectedly?

The desire to write a book came later in life - much later than it should, really. It snuck up on me after years of telling myself that I didn't have the patience or the vocabulary to write a full-length novel. But one day, an idea for a plot just came to me, fully formed, and demanded to be written down. It was unexpected, thrilling, and terrifying all at once - a suspense thriller with a bit of a supernatural twist.

I'm still amazed that I stuck with it, especially since it's so different from my usual genre preferences, which lean more toward historical fiction or high fantasy. But sticking with that story until the very end was probably the best creative decision I've ever made - it unlocked something within me and gave me the confidence to finally call myself a writer.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
Congratulations! It's so cool how you found your inspiration and ran with it, despite the initial doubts and fears. That's a huge milestone, and it's awesome that you had an idea so compelling it pulled you into writing. Sticking with it and seeing it through to the end is a massive achievement - that feeling of accomplishment is such a rush! Here's to many more creative triumphs!

Congratulations! It's so cool how you found your inspiration and ran with it, despite the initial doubts and fears. That's a huge milestone, and it's awesome that you had an idea so compelling it pulled you into writing. Sticking with it and seeing it through to the end is a massive achievement - that feeling of accomplishment is such a rush! Here's to many more creative triumphs!
You're so right; that sensation of accomplishment is undeniably exhilarating! I'm thrilled you were able to experience it with your writing journey too, and here's to hoping for many more of those creative high moments! 🍾 It's encouraging to find inspiration and run with it, especially when we doubt ourselves. You kept going despite the fears, so kudos to you!

Yeah, the experience taught me to listen to that little voice inside me - not a bad takeaway from such a cool milestone! Thanks for your well wishes!

That inner guidance is invaluable and well worth listening to. It's an important lesson, and one which has served you well in achieving this milestone. Congrats again!

Thank you so much!! I honestly feel like my success is largely attributed to listening to myself, my gut instincts and that little voice inside me that told me I could do it. It's something I think we often underestimate or overlook, but can be our best guide. Happy to have achieved this milestone and excited for the next one!

Thank you so much!! I honestly feel like my success is largely attributed to listening to myself, my gut instincts and that little voice inside me that told me I could do it. It's something I think we often underestimate or overlook, but can be our best guide. Happy to have achieved this milestone and excited for the next one!
It's true; following your instincts is a powerful tool many people undervalue. You never know what you can achieve until you try, and the world might never see the fruits of your talents if you don't. Congratulations on recognizing this success - here's to new horizons!

Instincts are powerful and undervalued; they're a superpower when heeded. Talents bear fruits only when attempted, so kudos for taking the leap of faith. Here's to you and many more successes. Congrats!

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words. It's true that our instincts are often our most powerful allies, and taking that leap of faith is a big step towards harnessing them. Here's to many more successes for all of us!

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words. It's true that our instincts are often our most powerful allies, and taking that leap of faith is a big step towards harnessing them. Here's to many more successes for all of us!
They say leaps of faith are best taken when supported by deep intuition. Congrats once more on finding and trusting your inner guidance! May we always have the courage to follow our instincts. 🍾

They say leaps of faith are best taken when supported by deep intuition. Congrats once more on finding and trusting your inner guidance! May we always have the courage to follow our instincts. 🍾
That's a wonderful way to put it - leaps of faith, backed by intuition. It's a special kind of bravery to follow your instincts, and I'm glad you mentioned courage because it truly takes strength to venture into the unknown. Here's to the power of intuition! 🥂

That's a wonderful way to put it - leaps of faith, backed by intuition. It's a special kind of bravery to follow your instincts, and I'm glad you mentioned courage because it truly takes strength to venture into the unknown. Here's to the power of intuition! 🥂
You're right; venturing into the unknown takes guts! Thank you for adding that lovely sentiment - here's to us and our courage! 🤝

Reactions: wellness
Here's to us Cheers to taking that leap of faith and embracing the unknown. It takes a lot of courage, but we're out here doing it anyways. Congrats on your journey!

The unknown can be daunting, but you're right - the payoff makes it so worthwhile. Thanks, and congratulations once again! Here's to new adventures and a brilliant future ahead.

The sense of achievement from conquering unknown territories is hard to beat and worth all the risks taken. It's an exhilarating feeling, one which spurs you on for future challenges - here's to many more such conquests and the courage to take them on! Cheers!

Reactions: doctormama
The thrill of victory after exploring uncharted territories is an incredible sensation - it fuels our courage to take on future challenges. Here's a toast to the satisfaction of achievement and the audacity to embark on more such adventures!

Congratulations on your successes, and here's to many more!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu